Status: Active

Under Lock and Key

Change. This Is the Rhythm of Living.

I sighed and began moving, annoyed with the fact that I didn't have a choice in this. I would have to go study under Castiel, or everything would get taken from me, including my key necklace, my most prized possesion. I'd been created with it; born with it. And it would be taken away if I didn't do as ordered.

Now don't get me wrong, being a full-fledged angel with the ability to heal any wound and even bring back the dead would be pretty amazing, but there were reasons I didn't want to be one. Along with that, until Castiel thought I was ready, I'd have to stay under his wing until he did. Literally.

And honestly, he'd probably never think I was ready.

Amongst my few messenger powers was that annoying-to-others and fun-to-play with ability to poof wherever I wanted to go. I now sat in a chair behind Castiel and listened as he talked to one of the Winchester brothers on his cell phone. He hung up, turned, and jumped at the sight of me. I couldn't help the smirk that crept up to my lips.

"You have this knack for appearing at very random times and scaring the bajeebus out of me," Castiel mumbled, walking over to a cooler. He took out a beer and I lifted my eyebrow at him. "What? If I were not allowed to drink it, Dad would not have made it. What's the message, Laurelai?"

"What?" I asked. "I'm not allowed to show up and give my ol' buddy Cas a good scare once in a while?" He just stared at me, and I sighed. "No message, just the messenger. I've been given the chance to become an angel and I'm not allowed to refuse the offer."

"Oh, I just bet you feel flattered," he said dryly. I shot him a glare and looked up at the ceiling.

"Wait for it, if you loved that last part, you'll fucking love this next one. I have to study under you until you think I'm ready." Castiel scoffed.

"They must be playing a horrible joke on me," he said, spreading his arms wide and looking up at the ceiling. "You are giving her to me so that she will stop acting out? Really?"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I warned him. "I tried it. Didn't end pretty." His hands fell to his sides.

"Did I do something wrong? Was it the stunt with Sam? With Lucifer and Michael? Letting Dean go off?" I watched him continue to ramble and rant and waited. Finally, he stopped and looked at me. "Now what?" I grinned.

"Now, you teach me to be good." He ran his hand over his face in exasperation and groaned. I'd gotten to him already? I tried to keep my laughter in check - as much as I hated this situation, annoying Cas was just too much fun. I didn't often get the chance to do it as much as I would've liked. Now I'd have much more time to do whatever I liked.

The door opened and Cas turned to look at our visitor. I glanced for him and reached into my pocket for a nail filer. I began filing them as he murmered a quiet greeting to my new mentor.

"Welcome to Castiel's humble abode, Sam!" I said. Cas glared at me.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Oh," I said, waving my hand. "I'm just the messenger."

And I was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gats told me to make Cas stiff, but, I'm not really sure how to do that. So, I tried to make him proper instead. Does that count as stiff?
(Wanna know my playlist? Hot Chelle Rae. FUU YES.)

The chapter title is a quote from Bruce Barton. Gats gave it to me. Fits very well. <3
SO EXCITED!
Subs and Comments make me love you forever <3
<3~Schiz