Another Night and I'll See You

His name is Frank, Frank Anthony

"Carol, are you OK?"

Carol's father was standing above her.

"I think so. What happened?" asked Carol and tried to get up. But she felt too dizzy.

"You fainted when I told you that you had a brother," explained her father.

"Oh yeah. Of course. Who is he?" she asked.

"His name is Anthony. I used to call him Tony when he was little," he said.

"Tell me more about him. Who is his mother?" asked Carol, still feeling a little bit dizzy.

"Her name is Linda. I was married to her for a short time. That's when Frankie was born," said her father.

"Who's Frankie?!"

"Your brother. His name is Frank Anthony. I didn't like the name Frank, but Linda wanted him to be called Frank, so he got both names, Frank and Anthony."

"And what happened next?" Carol was curious. If she had a brother, she had to know everything about him.

"Well... When he was just a little boy, me and Linda divorced. I married your mother. I saw Tony rarely, after some time, I completely stopped visiting him. Then you were born."

"So... how old is he?"

"I think he should be 26 by now."

"Wow, so he's 11 years older than me!"

"Yes."

"I always wanted a big brother."

"I know."

"But not that big. And not this late."

"Are you angry because I didn't tell you?"

"No, not really. Just a little bit shocked."

Then, there were some long minutes of silence.