Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 6

Sage’s POV

I couldn’t believe myself! I said yes, and now I am sitting in passenger seat of the most feared guy in school’s car. I mean I didn’t find him scary, a little creepy, but not terribly freighting. He just kept staring at me oddly during lunch. The gaze of his hazel eyes gave me Goosebumps, but I somewhat enjoyed it.

Lucifer was a mysterious one for sure. Unlike his friends, Ren and Kai, he was rather reserved and quiet. But when he did talk though, it was like angels singing. I wanted to hear him speak more. I wanted to get to know him, and find out what he is hiding. I wanted to hear him moan out my name in pleasure.

“Shit!” He swore pounding his fist against the steering wheel.

“What’s wrong?” My voice squeaks out.

He groaned. “I forgot to pick up my sister from preschool. She is going to be so mad.” There was quilt and worry in his voice.

I look over to him; “Well you can go get her now, if she’s still there. I can walk home from here.”

“No it’s after four, she got a ride from one of the workers. I just promised I would pick her up today, and I completely forgot.” We stop at a red light that’s near the street I live on. We hear a loud boom of thunder.

That’s weird. There wasn’t supposed to be rain at all today. “Well I’m sure she will understand. Kids always eventually forgive.” I give him a kind smile.

“Well that’s not Arella. She holds grudges and when she is mad, everyone knows it.” He looks up into the sky as rain starts to pour down, and grimaces. “I really need to go deal with her. Do you mind if we go back to my place, and then I can drive you home later, after she is in bed?”

I open my mouth to object, “Well I-“

“Great!” He flashes me a smile. “Don’t worry, it will be fine!”

Well I guess I have no say in this. I sigh and continue looking out into the rain.

Five minutes later we pull into a driveway of a medium sized house, with a well manicured lawn.

“Home, sweet, home.” Luce cuts the engine, and darts inside the house before I can even get my seatbelt off.

I grab my bag and get out of the car walking to the front door only to be faced with the awkward moment whether I should knock or just invite myself in.

I decide to just walk in. The foyer of the house was covered in pictures of Luce and a little blond girl. That must be his sister. Where are his parents though?

“-But you lied to me!” I heard a small voice yell from somewhere towards the back of the house.

“I know, sweetie! I’m sorry, I forgot though. “ That was Luce’s voice. It held a different quality this time. He sounded older, more parent like, and reasonable. He didn’t sound like a teenager.

I walk towards the voices slowly, being over aware of my footsteps. As I got closer the air seemed different, it was somewhat hard to breath and had somewhat of an electric static feel to it. What’s going on?

“Ella, please just calm down. Remember what happened last time? I promise I will never lie to you again.” Luce sounded panicked. What happened last time?

I take the last few steps into the living room area and I see Luce kneeling in front of a little blonde girl. She had her arms crossed over her chest and a pout in her face. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

“Lucey, who’s that?” she narrows her eyes at me. For a little girl she is quite scary.

Luce whipped his head around to face me. He gave me a small smile but it still made my knees go weak. “This is my new friend Sage.” He says. “I really like Sage, so can you please be nice to him?” He turns back to the little girl grabbing her hand and walking her over to me.

“Sage, this is my little sister, Arella.” He smiles lovingly at her.

“Arella is such a pretty name.” I say smiling down at the small blonde.

Arella smiles back up at me. “Call me Ella. Will you please come play Barbies with me, Sage?” She wraps her arms around my waist looking up at me with those puppy dog eyes.

I can hear Luce Laughing behind me. “Of course I’ll play Barbies with you!” Did I mention that I love kids?

Ella jumps up and down in excitement and then continues to drag me off to play.

I look behind me at Luce expecting him to follow, but he shakes his head with a smile and waves me off.

After about an eternity of playing with Barbies and dress up, and tea party, I finally got a break when Ren came home and gave Ella a bath.

I find myself walking back into the kitchen where I find Luce sitting down at the table with a cup of coffee next to him and a bunch of homework spread out in front of him.

He looks up and smiles at me. “She quite a handful isn’t she? She has everybody wrapped around that small pinky finger of hers within minutes of meeting them.”

I nodded and grabbed the seat across from him. “Yeah but I love kids so it was fun playing with her.” I smile.

“Do you have any siblings?”

I shake my head. “Nope. I’m an only child. My dad left when I was very young, and my mom never found anyone else. She was too engulfed in work and caring for me. She was my world.” I spilled out to him before I even realized it. Shit! Did I really just open up a little to him?

“Was?” He questioned

“Did I say was?” I sputtered out. “I meant is. She is my whole world but she is on a long business trip at the moment.” I wish. That would be so much better.

He looked at me questioningly but thankfully dropped it.

Was there really something about him that made me open up to him that much? Shit Sage, you’re not supposed to get attached. Get in and get out. That’s what they said.

It was quite for a while. Luce continued to work on his work, until he looked up at me.

“Go out with me?”

“Excuse me?” I blurted out. What?

He bites his lip nervously. “Like on a date. I know it’s soon but. I really wanna get to know you.”

I was conflicted. Part of me wanted to just go out with him and go with my gut feeling, but the other part remembered the job I had to do. Oh fuck, he has the same puppy dog eyes as his sister.

I sigh to myself. “Ok. I’ll go out with you.”

At that moment nothing in the world could wipe that smile off of Luce’s face, or mine either.

What am I getting myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I am sooooooooo Sorry that this took so long! I started school and my parents started staying up later(which they shouldn't do because they are old) and I also have two cheerleading teams so I'm never home anymore.

I will try my hardest to write, but updates may be less frequent. So please be patient with me!

So I honestly think this chapter sucks but I needed to get something out for you guys. I wrote this in many sittings so sorry if it's choppy in some parts.

comment and subscribe please! It will make my day.

Xoxo- Sarah