Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

chapter 7

Luce’s POV

“Arella! Stop throwing your food this instant, and Kai stop encouraging her! You know when you laugh it only makes her continue to do something!”

I sigh to myself. Ren and Kai were downstairs trying to make Ella eat, while I was getting ready for my date with Sage tonight. I can only imagine how messed up the house will be when I get back tonight. Ren and Kai often spend more time fighting with each other then Watching Arella when I leave them in charge.

It’s bee a week since I asked Sage out. I still can’t believe he said yes! This week has been one of the best. I spent it spending most of my free time with him, getting to know him better. He was such a sweet, innocent kid, and he was great with Arella. I found myself falling for him more and more, every second I spent with him.

He had the most amazing smile. I swear it was contagious! And then his laugh, it was melodious, like a thousand chiming bells. There was that pale pink blush that formed on his cheeks, whenever I caught him staring at me. He was so beautiful.

I had learned a lot more about his past then I ever expected too. He had really opened up to me. I wish I could do the same for him. I learned that he had been bullied in his past, and had almost tried to kill himself. He stopped himself though but had been quiet ever since. When I learned this I had to force myself to control the anger building in side me. I wanted to find whoever did such terrible things to my poor Sage, and rip them to pieces and add them to my collection.

Being with Sage made me feel almost normal. Were the feelings I am experiencing almost human? Sage made me forget that I was a dangerous, bloodthirsty creature. Would he even have gone near me if he knew what I truly was? I couldn’t screw this up. I had to get Sage to like me as much as I liked him.

I glanced at the clock on the wall in my room. It was 5:30. I’m supposed to pick Sage up at 6. I was taking him out to a small restaurant, and then we were just going to take a moonlit walk in the park in town. Now I just had to decide what I was going to wear. I had to look good for Sage.

I finally decided on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt, my favorite red hoodie, with my usual leather jacket over it. I brushed through my black hair before straightening it into my usual style. I slipped on my favorite black converse, grabbed my phone and wallet, slipping them into my pockets, and then I was ready.

“Alright, how do I look?” I ask as I reach the kitchen where every one was.

Ren and Kai eye me from head to toe. “You look hot!” they say in unison.

I glare at both of them for saying that in front of Arella. Ren and Kai both blush. Yes, Kai is bisexual. We had a thing a couple years back but now that is long over, and he is like a brother to me.

“You look pretty Lucey!” Arella says to me from her seat at the table. Her face is covered in food.

I smile at her. “Thank you Baby girl.” I kiss the top of her head. “Be good for Ren, and Kai, Okay?”

She nods, and then continues to eat her dinner.

“Remember, to give her a bath before bed, and use that new shampoo! She doesn’t like the other one. Oh, and she goes to bed at 8. Do not let her stay up and watch Family Guy, with you Kai. If she has trouble falling asleep there’s the guitar in my room, you know what song to sing her.” I walk to the door, opening it to step outside. “Oh, and-“

“We know what to do, Lucifer.” Ren laughs. “Go have fun, and use protection!”
I roll my eyes at her, before I step out into the chilly night air, and into my car.

The drive to Sage’s is a short one, filled with anxiety. My stomach was filled with butterflies. I couldn’t mess this up.

I pulled my car into Sage’s driveway. I checked my reflection in the mirror in my car, and then walked to his front porch. When I rang the doorbell a short women with long brown hair answered it.

“Hi, I’m here to pick up Sage,” I say shyly.

The women looks at me questioningly for a moment before her eyes widen and she smiles, “Oh! You must be Lucifer; I’ve heard so much about you! I’m Carol, Sage’s aunt.”

I shake her hand, “It’s nice to meet you!”

“Luce! You’re here!” I hear the beautiful voice coming from behind his aunt.

Sage steps out from behind his aunt, and my eyes widen.

“You look great!” He looked better then great. He looked fucking fantastic. I felt m dick twitch just a little from looking at him.

His legs were adorned in tight white skinny jeans that I wanted to peel slowly off his delicious legs. On top he was wearing a green plaid shirt that brought out his eyes. He finished the look with a typical grey beanie on his head.

Sage blushed as he noticed my eyes wondering over his body. “You look great too,” He says.

I smile, and hold out my arm for him to take. “Ready to go?”

Sage takes my arm nodding and I lead him to my car. Because I am such a gentlemen I open his door for him before walking over to my side and closing the door.

“Where are we going?” Sage looks over at me.

“You’ll see.” I want it to be a surprise for him.

The drive to the restaurant was filled with small talk, with such questions, as “How was your day?” And “Did you get the English homework?”

As we arrived at our destination, I heard sage gasp, “We are eating here? I heard this place was super expensive!”

I chuckled, “Well I only want the best for my dates, and I heard this place was the best, so here we are.”

“How are you gonna pay for it though?”

I smile down at his pretty face. “Don’t worry about it.”

Dinner was nice. We had gotten a private table in the back, and I spoiled little sage to death. I let him get whatever his little heart desired, knowing that my parents savings would cover it with ease.

Sage made the cutest faces while eating. I loved the way his face would pucker at something sour, and how when he tasted something he liked his eyes would roll back and he would make the slightest moan. I wanted to make him mine so badly.

After dinner we made our way over to the park I had picked. My arm was slung over his small shoulders, and his was cuddled into my side to escape the slight chill. We seemed to fit perfectly together.

“Luce?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you doing all of this for me?”

I stop walking and look down at him. “I am doing this because you’re amazing.” I state simply.

Sage looks up and shakes his head. “You hardly even know me.”

“I know you well enough to know you are smart, funny, absolutely adorable, and great with Arella, therefore that makes you amazing.” I take his hand in mine smiling.

Sage blushes looking down. “I’m nothing special.”

I’m shocked at hearing his words. I pull him against me and gently pull his chin up so he is looking at me. “You have no idea how special you really are.” I whisper to him.

A shudder goes through his body as his green eyes stare at mine. “I think I’m falling for you Lucifer.”

I smile lowering my face closer to his. “I already fell.” My breath whispers across his cheek.

I had finally had him. Everything was so close. My lips were just centimeters from his. Just seconds away from the moment I had been waiting for. Then my phone rings. I try to ignore it but Sage turns his head away.

“Answer it.” He says breathlessly.

I growl in the back of my throat before fishing the phone out of my pocket.

“What?” I snap into the phone that had interrupted something important.

“Lucifer, it’s Arella, she’s been attacked”

My world turns black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been so long! I'm am busy with school, and then this weekend was homecoming. I have my own computer more so I will try my hardest to update.

Anyway this chapter is dedicated to Jamie Rodemeyer, the 13 year old boy that took his life because people were bullying him about his sexual orientation. Jamie lived just 45 minutes away from me and at the wiliamsville homecoming people surrounded his sister and chanted "Glad he's dead" this is absolutely terrible. Bullying needs to stop. Keep your paws up Jamie, We love you!

Xoxo- Sarah