Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 9

Luce’s POV

“…And sign here, and then you’re free to go!” The secretary says to me from across the front desk.

I sign the last of the detailed paperwork, finally releasing Ella from the hospital.

She had been there for a little over a week and I was very thankful that she was able to go home now. I hand the paper and pen over to the smiling lady, and she checks it over for any mistakes.

“Looks like everything is all set. You can go get the little angel and bring her home.” She seemed to be the nicer one of the secretaries here. She was an older lady, with her graying hair tied back into a bun. “It will be so dull around here now without her making everybody smile.”

I could tell that the hospital staff were sad to see Ella go, they had all fallen in love with her. I swear the doctor even ran some unnecessary tests on her just to have her stay for a little longer.

I smile politely back at the lady before making my way across the bustling hospital to the elevator. I press the up bottom and impatiently wait for the “ding” signaling that the elevator was arriving. I run a hand through my hair grimacing. It feels disgusting. I have spent all my time at the hospital, and I have barely had time to take a shower. I made a mental note to take one as soon as I got home, and got Ella settled.

The elevator comes and I take it up to right floor. I say hello to the familiar faces in the hallway making my way to the room. As I near the room I can hear familiar two giggles coming from inside.

I smile to myself knowing that my two favorite people are in there. I push open the door to see my little Ella curled up in Sage’s lap looking up at him beaming. His arms are securely around her but being cautious of her arm, and ribs. He was looking down at her with the sweetest smile gracing his pretty pink lips. They were sitting on the small hospital bed, with cartoons playing on the TV in front of them. It was truly a Kodak moment.

“That is probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen!” I say to them from the doorway.

“Lucey!” Ella exclaims hopping off of Sage’s lap running to me and hugging my legs.

I place one hand on Ella’s back attempting to hug her back. I give Sage a smile.

Sage smiles back at me from his place on the bed, with evidence of a blush spreading on his cheeks.

I love how even the smallest actions can make him blush so easily. He is so adorable!

“Ella, I get to take you home today!” I look down at the smiling, giggling child.

Ella squeals in happiness and starts to collect all her belongings chattering about how she needs to play with all her dolls as soon as possible.

Chuckling, I walk over to the bed, to say hello to my boyfriend. Yep, that’s right, I said boyfriend! Sage and I are now dating, and we couldn’t be happier.

Waking up the first morning here, with him in my arms was wonderful. I spent many moments after waking just staring at his sleeping face. He was so peaceful. His lips with graced with the slightest smile, and his cheeks were rosy even in his sleep. I loved the way he fit perfectly in my arms with his legs intertwined with mine and his soft hair spread over my chest. I did not want to let the small boy go.

When he woke up he smiled up at me and we just gazed at each other. In that moment I decided I could never let him go, and that I needed to make him mine. Later that day I asked him to be mine, and now he makes me so happy.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Hello Beautiful.” I whisper in his ear.

Sage blushes and looks up at me. “Hello.” He whispers softly.

I notice Ella looking over at us with a smile. She doesn’t quite understand what is going on between Sage and I, but she knows that we are happy and that is all that matters to her.

“Is everything all set to take her home?” Sage asks while getting over the bed and gathering more of Ella’s miscellaneous belongings.

I wrap my arms around his slim waist and rest my head on his shoulder, placing a light peck to his neck. “Yep. We can leave whenever we are ready to.”

I laugh lightly to myself, as I can smell the blood rushing to his cheeks as he blushes again. “Do you want me to drop you off at your house on our way home?” I ask.

Sage is quiet for a moment before shaking his head. “Nah, I’ll help you get her settled, and then maybe we can just hang out for a while.” He turns to face me and bites his lip nervously.

I kiss his noise. “Sure that sounds great Babe.”

Sage beams at me.

“I’m ready to go!” A shrill voice yells from across the room.

We laugh at her eagerness. “Okay Sweetheart one second.” Sage says to her making her sit in the chair and wait.

“You are so good with her.” I whisper to him. I find it very attractive that he loves Ella so much.

Sage smiles, and picks up Ella’s jacket to go put on her.

I reluctantly let him out of my arms, and grab Ella’s bag. I meet them at the door, transferring the bag to my other hand so I can intertwine my fingers with Sage’s. I look over to see him holding Ella’s hand.

Together we walk out of the hospital, like one happy family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooooo sorry for the wait! I had major writer's block, and I just couldn't get anything out. I'm really sorry if this is crappy. It's a short filler, but right now it's what I can do. I also felt that this story was moving to fast so I am going to add some fillers here and there.

But you guys should love me because Luce and Sage are together! I think they are adorable. I hope I can get another chapter out soon, but if not I will apologize now.

Anyway I would like to thank the one person who comments after every chapter! I love you, thank you so much!

Comment/ Subscribe please? :)

xoxo- Sarah

btw- I changed my user name in case anyone was confused. I was XoSarahXo123, now I am L-o-v-e-t-o-y-0-u