Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r n i n e .

“What’s your favorite color?”

“Pink. What’s your favorite band? Or singer.”

“Easily Blink 182. Wha-” The doorbell rang, interrupting Asher. We were playing 21 questions, until we passed 21 and continued. We were probably on 40-something, with the occasional side-conversation. It literally amazed me every time I talked to Asher because it was so easy. Normally around guys there would be an awkward silence almost every other sentence. Not with Asher. But I couldn’t complain; I liked it.

“Be right back,” he got off of his bed and I heard his feet pound on the stairs.

I looked around his room- which I didn’t want to do with Asher in the room because I feel like it would’ve been slightly creepy. But his room had dark blue walls with posters all of them and slightly stained white carpet, which you could barely see due to the clothes were scattered about on his floor. He had a desk full of papers and stuff with his computer on it. His room wasn’t clean but it definitely didn’t make you feel cramped with the mess.

“Anamae, wanna go downstairs?” Asher said as he stood in the doorway. Something about the way he was leaning against the door frame… “It’s a lot easier to fit people in the living room than in my room.”

“Um, yeah. Alright,” I said, getting off the bed.

“You okay?” he asked, slightly chuckling.

“Mhm, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

He stared at me a little longer, before he shook his head and grinned. “No reason,” he said. I followed him downstairs and into the living room, where three boys and one girl were all arguing loudly about something. All I could understand was ‘unicorns’, ‘midget’ and something about someone’s grandma being a whore.

“Guys, shut up!” Asher interrupted them. They stopped talking and turned to look at us. I felt their eyes on me. Why did I feel like they didn’t know I was going to be here? “Anyway, this is Anamae, my future ex-girlfriend. Anamae, you’ve already met Garrett, this is his girlfriend Amanda, Jordan and Ben- they’re both gay for each other.”

“Fuck you, Ash,” Jordan spoke before looking back at me. “I’m not gay.”

“Me either, but if I was I’d have better taste than him,” Ben jabbed his thumb at Jordan.

“I’ll be normal and just say hi and it’s nice to meet you,” Amanda said, smiling at me from Garrett’s lap.

I returned her smile. “You too,” I said, and felt rude immediately after I said it. That’s all I could come up with?

“Just so you know, these three,” he gestured to the three boys. “are all freaks. It takes some time to get used to.”

I giggled. “Don’t worry, my friends aren’t any better,” I said.

He grinned at me. “Good,” he said before walking over and moving Jordan’s feet off of the couch and took a seat next to him, patting the spot next to him. “Anamae, you’re allowed to sit.”

“Oh, right,” I said, feeling my cheeks start to blush as I sat next to Asher. They all erupted in conversation again but I just sat there pretty quiet. Not entirely awkwardly, but also because it was amusing to listen to their conversations. I felt Asher’s shoulder brush mine and I used my peripheral vision to look at him and I suddenly blushed. I just noticed how close we were. Knees touching slightly, shoulders brushing- I could basically feel the heat from his body radiating off of him.

I snapped out of it when Asher hit his knee against mine and I looked at him. He smiled at me which I obviously returned. “Um, I’m gonna go get my water,” I said.

“I’ll go with you,” Amanda offered, getting off of Garrett’s lap carefully and following me in the kitchen. “sorry, they can be a little overwhelming.”

I grabbed my water as she went to the fridge- I figured the nice thing to do would be to wait for her. “It’s fine, I just like listening to the conversation. It’s funny,” I chuckled.

She laughed as she pulled out a Pepsi. “They can be, yeah,” she said. “so how long have you and Asher been dating? I haven’t really heard him talk about you that much. No offense.”

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly for the third time in the passed ten minutes. “Um- we’re not dating. We just started talking a couple days ago, actually…” I said.

“Oh! Sorry, it’s just- you guys seem like you’re dating,” she said.

“Nah, we’re not,” I chuckled awkwardly. She gave me an uncomfortable smile before walking back in the living room.

Great, now I look stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks a ton JeeniferKaay , As Above_So Below , Shadow14 , dreamgirl13 & b3stfriend4lif3 ! sorry i didn't reply to your comments, i'm in a shitty mood. but i still appreciate them!
this was a shitty chapter, but i think you guys will really like the next chapter(s).
feedback?
ps, i didn't forget anybody, right?