The Dark Lords Rose

Oh god is this true

My insides began twisting unhappily; the sky high feeling plummeted, leaving me lost and afraid on the ground. Hearing Harry say that choked me with guilt, he looked so brightly upon me saying that.

“Harry,” I whispered, one of those edges of pain in my voice.

“I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend, I'm telling you, just so you know that I do,” Harry said, playing with an end of my curls.

 He stepped closer to me, and put his hand on my cheek. His emerald eyes sparkled and his cool breath fluttered over me. Mint.

 “But…Why, Harry?” I began, almost pleading. “I'm not the one for you, we both know that.”

 “Why? I love you Bells, I love the way your eyes sparkle when you have an idea, and when you concentrate hard the tip of your tongue pokes out. I love your smile and how I can talk to you about anything. I know you would never lie to me. You’re so beautiful to me, you’re the only girl I see,” He whispered the last part, as if someone else would hear.

Tears gathered in my eyes, the guilt overwhelming me. He didn't know about Tom. But I did. I opened my mouth to speak but he pressed his finger to my lips.

 “Hush, you can think about it overnight,” He waited for a moment, then kissed my forehead. His emerald eyes lingered on mine for a second and he walked up to the boys’ corridor.

 A tear danced down my face as I considered my options. Tom was incredibly handsome and I wanted him, but he isn't the one I would ever talk to. I’ve also known him for so long.

Harry, he isn't as handsome, but I can talk to him. I’ve also known him for…So long.

 Whilst these feelings I somehow have for both, a little stirring of emotion lay at the bottom of my stomach for Draco Malfoy.

I slowly walked up to the girls’ corridor and walked into mine and Hermione’s room. I glanced over at my best friend; her bushy hair could be spotted over her blankets. I quickly dressed into my bed clothes and got into bed. I closed my eyes and got a surprisingly good night’s sleep.

 ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

 “Wake up!” ‘Mione screeched.

“Ugh...Mione! Too. Early!” I yelled back, throwing my pillow at her.

She caught it as it flew toward her. “You’re going to be late for class!” she sang in her goody-two-shoes voice.

 “Oh, fine!”

I stumbled out of bed and into our bathroom. After a shower I magically dried my hair and left it to its natural self.

After I rubbed in my vanilla lotion, I dressed into my school uniform. I put a little bit of makeup on. I put a tiny bit of mascara and lip gloss and that’s it.

I’m not one of the girls who pile it on and proclaim to everyone and their dog that they are going ‘natural’ today. I smacked my lips together, tasting the sweet strawberry gloss and grabbed my wand.

I checked over my uniform. My grey skirt was a few inches above my knee, not too short. Knee high socks, with slip on pumps. I didn't like the school jumper so I never wore it, instead my school shirt hung over my skirt, with my tie loosely tied. I grabbed my robe and put it on.

 The sleeves were a bit baggy so I rolled them up past my elbows so my gown fitted. Putting my wand in my robe pocket and grabbing my shoulder schoolbag I walked into the room where Mione was waiting.

 We walked to breakfast, ‘Mione telling me about the new history of magic book. We sat down at the Griffindor table.

 She paused, feeling eyes on her back. “Uh, Bella, Draco Malfoy is staring at you.”

I looked up, his icy blue eyes stared at me, and he winked. I looked down awkwardly, blushing deeply.

 Then, of course, Harry sits down then and things got even more awkward. We finished our breakfast, and Harry followed and kept staring with a dreamy green gaze.

 We walked in and I sat at the front with Hermione.

 “Students, we will be having yet another professor in this year to, how you say, help you with your studies.” Snape said, stressing on the term, ‘yet another’.

 We all looked round curiously, whispering to each other, wondering who it could possibly be. All the professors and interns had been spoken of earlier.

And then he stepped into the room, and smiled a white, pearly smile. A smile that was directly at me.

He walked to the front of the room, brushing purposely past me, his robes sending his cologne straight up my nose, and then turned to face the class. The girls giggled and whispered to each other, Mione giggled next to me. I could tell the boys were fed up with this guy waltzing in and stealing every girls’ heart.

Snape coughed for silence. “I am sure you are all…Familiar with Professor Rindle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tweaking my latest chapters before I post the next one!
Thanks totlo! :)

Black Rose'97