The Dark Lords Rose

The first day

~~~~

I woke up early, ran to the bathrooms and jumped in the shower, and got changed into my fresh, new school uniform and waited for Hermione. When she came up, I fixed my grey pleated skirt and listened to her chat excitedly about the first day, new classes and all that stuff. I smiled and replied to her, but I was slightly less enthusiastic.

I was looking forward to it, but the new teacher, Professor Umbridge had me a little uneasy...I mean what did she mean “Perfect Hogwarts”? I can guess we are going to be anything but best friends. Hermione and I walked at a giddy gait down to the Great Hall and found out seats next to Ron, Harry, and Ron's twin brothers, Fred and George.

"Is it?" George said.

"Why it is," Fred continued.

"Our new..." George continued after Fred.

"Partner in crime!" They both said simultaneously."We're recruiting the new trouble
makers for next year," George said, smiling mischievously.

"Well I am honored!" I replied, but then, suddenly every one was looking out for their owl swooping in as they flew in dropping post for their owners. I wasn't expecting anything so was surprised when I saw my father's Golden Eagle swoop in.

I opened the letter and read,

Dear Isabella,

Me and your mother have to go on a long trip for business purposes, so for the next few school holidays you will be returning to Mr. Malfoy's home.

Have a good first day and hope you do well.

Father.
x x x

Oh, well that's great (crap), I showed it to Hermione; she sighed and hugged me, luckily our first holiday isn't until Halloween! We finished our timetables, I looked at mine and sighed, double potions with the Slytherins. (Double crap.)

All three of my best friends groaned as they saw what we had first; I just laughed and bared it as I stood up. They followed me to the dungeons. When we arrived, Professor Snape held open the door (something he wouldn't do again) and when we had gotten in, he had decided to put us into pairs.

"Goyle, Granger.”

“Parkinson, Potter.”

“Weasley, Crabbe.” He droned on reading the rest of the class, then finally got to mine. "Miss Rose, Mr. Malfoy." (Triple crap.)

I groaned softly and went to sit next to the Slytherin Prince. He winked at me, I glared and turned away. Once Snape had set the task, surprisingly Malfoy went to get the ingredients himself.

After a painful two hours of potions listening to Draco's useless attempts at flirting, we had Herbology and then History of Magic with the Hufflepuffs (boring class, boring house.). They ran smoothly and I was dying for lunch when the bell rang.

* * * *

Once arriving in the Great Hall, we ate and discussed what we thought of Defense Against the Dark Arts would be like with Umbridge. Usually it's my favorite subject because I am quite good at spells.

We arrived in the class room, the first thing she did was tell us to put our wands away. (No wands?!) We had to read. For an hour, and surprisingly in this hour, Harry got detention and sent out; I sighed. Professor Umbridge treated the Griffindors with no respect at all.

After class, I went to find Harry who was seething with rage and hugged him. To help him calm down, I offered to go to the Griffendor common room to sit in front of the fire. Over all an quite a bad first day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank Totlo_wolf so much she has helped me with my spelling issues.

Black Rose'97