The Dark Lords Rose

Snake eyes

~~~~

My hand clutching Draco's arm, I took a deep breath and we stepped into the grand ball room. The first thought that crossed my mind was, 'Wow look at all the colours from the different dresses here.' Then I realized how many people had there eyes on me, inspecting me. It made me feel ill being in a room with a bunch of killers, death eaters, and torturers. I tried to forget that.

Mr. Malfoy walked forward and grabbed my arm, bringing Draco with me. He started introducing me to different men and women. While I smiled and said hello to everyone, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up to the top of the room, where I presumed was Voldemort, was a snake like man. His slitted eyes were like snake eyes, red like crimson blood.

He wasn't glaring, just looking. Before he could realize I was looking at him I looked back to Mr. Malfoy.

We moved around the room and finally we came to the front. Mr. Malfoy bowed down at Voldemort's feet, so low that he almost kissed the floor. He stood up.

"Isabella Rose, My Lord," He said.

"Ahhh, daughter of Sarah and Peter Rose?" came his raspy response. It slightly startled me.

"Yes."

"Come here, Isabella."

I looked up and stepped forwards, looking back at my feet as he stood up. He tipped my chin up with his finger and looked into my eyes, he tipped my face, inspecting it thoroughly.

"You are a very pretty child."

"Thank you," I trembled, probably having worry set into my eyes.

He smiled. He actually smiled. At me. "Don't be scared pretty one, I will not hurt you."

For the rest of the night, Voldemort kept me close to his side and I couldn't leave him. When the party had finally ended and the only people left were the Malfoys and Voldemort. He turned to Mr. Malfoy and had a quick, whispered conversation, and he turned at gazed at me with his real smile again.

"I will now retire to my room; it was a pleasure meeting you, Isabella, and hopefully I will get to know you better in the next week."

I gulped, nodded and smiled. I escaped onto the grounds of the manor as soon as I could. I ran over to a tree and climbed it as high as I could and began staring up at the starry sky.

~~~~

Voldemort's POV

She is the prettiest thing I had ever seen; I watched her from my bedroom window. She was sitting in a tree, an oak, her long brown hair falling to her waist, and was looking out to the sky. Looking for what, I don't know, but just looking.

She is friends with the Potter boy so I can use her to my advantage, I am hoping to lure him with her then kill him off. I may be able to use her for my own gain, she can be my closest ally. But can I really trust a school girl?

However, she is clever for her age, and she could do well. With a little help she could be great, but first we need to get rid of Potter.

“Nagini,” I hissed to the darkness behind me. First off, I need Miss Rose to trust me.

To want me.

To want to serve me.

~~~~

Bella's POV

I leaned my head against the oak's rough bark and looked up at the stars. I sat there for ages until I felt pinpricks of rain. Then it started to pour. Lightning started to flash and thunder grumbled from above.

I ran for cover back to my room, and after I changed, I watched the lightning until the early hours. But around one o'clock, when I could feel my eyelids droop, I took one last look out my fancy stone window, and I saw it.

I saw him.

Looking at me
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

I wrote this during rain and thunder outside :) thanks to totlo_wolf :)

Black Rose'97