Private Universe

Young Forever

In two days I had learned to sit up and breath without causing myself too much pain. It did take most of my energy though. The doctor had said it would get better but it was going to take a while. I had convinced Alex to go home and shower while the rest of the gang was keeping me company. He came back looking better but still broken to say the least. I felt bad because there was nothing I could do to make him feel better.

Today, Jack and Tay were hanging out and being weird while Alex was showering at home. It was hard being around them because they were always making me laugh and laughing was the worst. It always hurt the most. Jack was playing with a piece of Taylor's hair and she was rolling her eyes.

"So. Are you two together or something?" I asked.

She laughed and looked at Jack. "Well, we weren't for those few days we were home. But being in the same room together is...I don't know. I guess so." She looked at him again and they both grinned.

"I say we should be officially dating." Jack said.

"Or really?"

"Abso-fuckin-lutely." He grinned and leaned in to kiss her lightly. I had to admit. They made a cute couple.

"Which one is wearing the pants in this relationship?" I teased.

They shared a glanced between each other before laughing. "We are both in the pants. Well, out of them. So neither one of us really." She giggled.

I rolled my eyes. "You two are ridiculous."

"But you have to admit we're adorable!" Jack said.

I smiled at them. "Fucking adorable." Tay blushed and I had a feeling we would be needing some girl talk soon."Hey Jack. Go get me some food."

"Get it yourself." He said.

Taylor slapped his arm and I giggled. "Get your lazy ass up and get us food!"

He sighed. "Fine. You guys suck. What do you want?"

"I would kill for some fries. They haven't exactly given me anything delicious these past few days." I said.

"I second that!" Tay said grinning.

"Fine. I'll be back in a while." He walked out and both Taylor and I were overtaken by fits of giggles.

"How are you and Alex?" She asked after calming down.

I sighed. "I guess we're okay. He's really stressed. He thinks it's his fault."

"But it isn't!"

"I know. I keep telling him that but he doesn't listen."

"He will."

"I don't know, Tay. It's been different since he saw my bruises."

She bit her lip. "Is it weird that I want to see?"

I grinned. "Not really. You want to?"

"Please? I wanna know what Alex is freaking out on." I smiled at her. I lifted up my hospital gown and heard her gasp. "Shit, Zooey."

I pulled it back down and gave her a small smile. "I know."

"I understand why he's freaking out. That fucking bastard."

"I'm fine. I mean, I hurt. Obviously. But I'm okay. I'm here. I have incredible friends and I have Alex. And no one else was hurt."

"Tell him that."

"What?"

"Tell Alex what you just said. Maybe he'll listen to that."

I smiled at her. "Okay. I'll try. Now, tell me about you and Jack."

She covered her face and started giggling. She looked at me and couldn't keep the grin from her face. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know. Explain that giggle."

She turned a bright red before bursting into fits of giggles again. I wasn't going to get anything out of her. "I don't know. I like him I guess. He makes me laugh and feel childish. I don't feel like I have to be an adult around him."

I smiled at her. "That's good."

"It's so nice. Like, he's just amazing. We can have serious conversations and stuff, like when we talked about you and Alex, and then we can just be really childish. And I really like kissing him. It's not forced or awkward. It's just fun."

"Oh my god. You two are so adorable."

She blushed even harder and I grinned. "We are not."

"You so are. I wish you could see it from my end."

"Like I wish you could see you and Alex from my end?" She questioned.

"Yes."

I grinned at her just as Dr. Anderson came in the room. He was all smiles and it made me relax. Hopefully, I would be going home soon. I was tired of the hospital and I wanted a real bed. I also wanted Alex to get an actual night's sleep.

"Good afternoon, Zooey." He greeted me. "Who is your friend?"

"That's Taylor. But we all call her Tay." I said smiling.

"Ah. Nice to meet you." He said politely to her.

I heard the sliding doors of my room slide open and I looked around and found Alex in black skinny jeans and converse. He had a red tee-shirt on and a leather jacket over it. He was in a black beanie today and he looked like he had shaved. I felt myself bite my lip as I looked at him. He had a cup of frozen yogurt in his hand. He grinned at me and took his usual seat next to my bed.

"Is it all right if she eats this?" He asked Dr. Anderson.

"Yes. Her food doesn't need to be monitored anymore."

"Oh thank god. Give me." I said grabbing the cup of frozen yogurt. I heard them all laugh at me as I took my first bite. Mmm. Blueberry muffin with rainbow sprinkles and cookie dough.

"Well, you're looking healthy." Dr. Anderson smiled at me. "I think you could probably go home either later today or early tomorrow morning."

My eyes widened at this. "Seriously?" I said with my mouth full.

He laughed. "Yes. In two days you have recovered surprisingly fast. You will have to take it slow and be careful for a while but I don't see why you can't go home. It will all depend on how fast the paperwork goes through."

I couldn't hide my grin. "Oh thank god. I mean, no offense but this bed is uncomfortable and the food sucks. I also really want to wear my clothes again."

He laughed again. "No worries. I get it a lot. I'll come back when I have the paperwork ready."

"Sweet!" I said as he walked away. I grinned at Alex and even he couldn't hide his smile.

Jack arrived just after Dr. Anderson left. He had a big bang full of fries and I nearly died. I was having such a bad craving for fries and they smelled delicious. I stuck out my hand for the back and he threw it at me sitting on the left side of my bed next to Taylor. I pulled my try in front of me and spread everything out on it. I was far too excited for this.

"Hungry?" Jack questioned.

"Hey!" I said with my mouth full of french fries. "My doctor just said I could have good food again. And I really wanted fries."

"No frozen yogurt?" Alex smirked.

"I wanted that too. But I did not realize it until you brought it. Thank you by the way. It's perfect."

He smiled. "Good."

"And I can go home soon. I want to go home." I said stuffing my face some more.

The three of them laughed at me. Taylor helped finish the fries and soon her and Jack had other places to be. Jack kissed my head before leaving and Tay gave me a light hug. She grinned at winked at me before telling Alex goodbye. Eventually it was just the two of us and he was looking sad again.

"Aren't you excited?" I asked.

"About you being able to come home? Of course I am. I don't like living here." He smiled and took my hand. Then he bit his lip and looked away.

"What?"

"It was suppose to be a surprise. But if you could be coming home tonight I guess I should tell you."

"Alex, what?" I smiled at him.

He bit his lip and smiled. "Rian has been working on finding a new apartment."

"What? Not because of me, is he? I like that apartment."

He laughed. "Chill out. I asked him to. For me. It was hard to walk back into the place. I really need a new apartment. Rian understood and that's where he's been these past few days. And why he only visited once."

"Oh."

"He found one. It was the same price and it looks just as cool. He showed it to me while I was out. It's really cool." A genuine grin appeared on his face and it made me smile.

"Is that where I'll be going when I leave?"

"Yes. I need to tell him to get the beds set up. Everything else can probably wait. You at least need something to sleep on first. Zack and the rest of We Are The In Crowd are helping pack and move while you're here."

"Really? That's not fair. I should be helping. I know some of it is mine."

He laughed. "You won't be helping at all. I'm not going to risk you getting hurt and causing you more damage."

I sighed. "Fine. I won't help but you will be." I grinned.

"But-"

"No way, Alex. I don't care what they say. I know they care about you but you have to help. Maybe I'll follow you around and kiss you randomly."

He smiled. "If that's what I get for helping then I will." He leaned in and kissed me. "And I need you to do me a favor." He said sitting back in the chair.

"Okay."

"Tell me when it hurts. I don't care what we are doing. But if I do something that hurts you, tell me. I don't know what hurts and what doesn't."

I grinned. "Deal."

We stayed like that and talked for a while. I explained that his current outfit was turning me on in more ways than one and he rolled his eyes and grinned. My doctor didn't return for the rest of the evening and eventually I could feel my eyelids get heavy. Alex helped me lie down in the bed and then he crawled in next to me. I snuggled into him and took in his scent. Eventually I drifted off to sleep as he ran his fingers through my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D It's been a good day so I decided to give you all an update. Even with the lack of comments. -.-
But I still love you guys. To pieces. <3 As always.
I also get lasagna tonight. I am beyond pumped. :D
So read, comment, subscribe and give me love. As always. I cannot believe we're already on Chapter 31. Blows my mind.
Title credit goes to The Ready Set tonight.
I was also really avoiding my homework by updating. xD So enojy damnit! [:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I just realized I now have SIX STARS. So edit time so I can gift you all for the love. <3
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
Yeah. Enjoy because finding decent pictures of all of them is getting difficult. [: Six. Fucking. Stars.