Private Universe

I Do Not Hook Up

I stared at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. Alex had been right. My middle was looking much better. I was yellow and a slight shade of green. That was good, right? I hoped so. I turned to the side and rubbed my stomach. It made it seem like I was pregnant. I tried to imagine myself pregnant. It wasn't easy, especially since I was so small.

"You wanna tell me something?" Alex was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and grinning.

"Yes. Alex, we're expecting." I said jokingly.

"Oh?"

I nodded. "Nine months. We better start preparing." I grinned and he picked me up and set me on the counter.

"Mmm." He nuzzled his face into my neck and I set my arms around him lazily. He pulled back suddenly and looked at me. "Are you really pregnant?"

I giggled. "No. I'd have to have sex first."

"I know. But you could have had sex with someone else."

"I couldn't actually. I've been with you the entire time."

"Oh. Right."

I rolled my eyes and pulled him in for a kiss. His hands slid around to my back and pulled my closer. I wrapped my legs around his waist and tangled my fingers in his hair. My body wanted him. I wanted him. But I wanted him when I wasn't in pain. He pulled away and our foreheads came together.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"For what?"

"Hurting you."

I sighed and pulled away from him. I took his face in my hands and he stared wide-eyed at me. "Alex, it wasn't your fault. None of it was."

"But-"

"No. Stop apologizing. Earlier wasn't your fault. We both forgot. It's no big deal. You didn't do this to me." I smiled at him.

He placed his hand on mine and rubbed it lightly. "How can you be so calm about the entire thing? I feel angry and upset all the time."

I smiled at him. "I'm here. I survived. You're here. And you're mine. No one but me got hurt. I have nothing to be upset or angry about. I mean, it sucks that I have to deal with the pain but knowing that no one but me got hurt makes it better."

"It's not fair."

"I know it's not. But I don't know how I would feel if you were hurt. I already felt bad about your eye and lip. It seemed to heal nicely though." I grinned and ran my thumb over his lips.

"Zooey, I would take a bullet for you."

"I know you would. I would always wish you hadn't. I don't know if I could live without you."

He smiled. "I know. How did you live before?"

"No idea."

"We should do something today."

"We should. I don't now if I can watch more movies today."

"We've watched good movies!" He protested.

I giggled. "I know we did. But if we keep it up there is going to be a permanent dent in the couch of our asses." I grinned.

"That is so true. I don't think Rian would appreciate that."

I laughed. "Probably not. I wonder if he's back with bagels. I'm hungry."

"Mmm. That does sound good. I hope he got the good ones."

I hopped off the counter and Alex laced our fingers together. We walked to the kitchen and saw Rian making coffee and a box of bagels on the counter. I let go of Alex's hand and jumped into the bar stool. The bagels and coffee sounded so good.

"Thank you, Rian." I said grinning.

"No problem." He handed me a mug and I held it in my hands. It was so warm. "What are you guys doing today? Watching move movies?" He sipped his coffee as Alex sat next to me.

"We were actually planning on doing something outside the apartment." Alex grinned.

"Does that include a hotel?" Rian asked and I hid my face behind my coffee.

Alex rolled his eyes. "No. But she doesn't want to watch movies."

"I see."

"What do you want to do?" Alex asked me.

"I don't know. Something else. Maybe we can go out to eat too? I'm having another craving for french fries." I said.

"You always want fries."

"That's because they are delicious!" I picked a bagel from the box and started scooping cream cheese from one of the tubs with the bagel.

They both looked at me confused. "You want a knife?" Rian asked.

"Nope. It's better this way."

"It tastes the same." Alex said.

"No it doesn't. I've never used a knife when I got bagels like this."

They both rolled their eyes and me and I stuck out my tongue that had chewed up food all over it. We passed ideas between the three of us with none of them working out. They all made fun of me as I hate two more bagels. They were delicious. I loved bagels. Rian's phone rang and he walked into the living room to answer it.

"Three bagels? Really?" Alex smirked at me.

"I love bagels. Especially these ones. I could easily eat a box in a day."

He shook his head. "You're such a man."

I pretended to be offended. "That's not very nice."

"I mean the way you eat. And I like it. " He grinned. "You're very girlie everywhere else. Which I love." He looked my up and down and I felt violated. But in a good way.

"You plan on jumping my bones soon?" I asked.

"Definitely."

I giggled at the look on his face. His eyes roamed my body and I could see the cogs in his head turning and thinking of ways to get me into bed without Rian knowing or hearing. And without hurting me. Rian came back and looked at Alex then gave me a questioning look.

"He's trying to figure out how to get into my pants." I said casually.

"Got it." He looked at Alex again and then snapped his fingers to break his trance.

"Hey! I was having such a good fantasy about her. Why did you ruin it?" Alex asked, pouting.

"Because we have something to do for the day."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. Jack just called. He wants to do something. I don't know. Probably parade around with Tay or something."

"Oh cool." Alex said. "What time?"

Before Rian could answer there was a knock at the door. Rian rolled his eyes and answered it. Jack came bursting through the door with way too much energy. Tay came next giggling at Jack and she sat down next to me and picked out a bagel. Zack came in rolling his eyes at everyone and leaning against the counter.

"Zooey!" Jack said coming towards me. I held out my hands to stop him from hugging me too tight. "What?"

"Not yet. If you promise on your life to make it a light hug I will let you. You squeeze me, you die. Got it?" I tried not to grin but it was too hard. I let my arms fall and he wrapped his arms around me in an awkward side hug.

"Mmm. Better than nothing. Alex, you know your girl smells fan-fucking-tastic, right?"

"Yes, I do. Especially after sex." Alex said. Everyone laughed as Jack pulled away with a disgusted look on his face.

"Seriously?"

"Nope." I said grinning.

"You guys suck. And I cannot believe you haven't had sex yet. I mean, it's been what? A month or two?" Jack said smirking. "Tay and I-"

Taylor hit his arm and he stopped talking. I grinned at her. I knew exactly how many times they'd had sex. "We'll get there, Jack. It's been a little crazy around here."

"Right." He said kissing Tay on the nose. They really were adorable. "Let's do something. I'm bored."

"What do you want to do, Jack?" Alex asked.

"I don't know. Laser tag!" He yelled.

Alex looked at me and I thought about it. "I might be able to do that."

I saw a grin appear on everyone's faces. And I had to admit, I was excited. I wanted to kick ass with Taylor. I just hoped it wouldn't hurt me too badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another update. Because I'm cool.
And because I've got nothing else to do. Give me love because these next few days are going to be rough. My great grandma died and the funeral is this week and so many people are flying in. So give me love please. <3
Title credit goes to Kelly Clarkson. I enjoy this song.

P.S. If I don't get more comments I won't write anything for a week. I hate to do that to you all but I love hearing your thoughts on the story. Quit being silent readers. Your opinions matter. [:

Thank you shortygirl for commenting after every chapter. I appriciate it. [: