Private Universe

Kiss Me Again

"But I'm not tired." I whined.

We'd spent the entire day hanging out with my mom and I was trying to convince the both of them that I wasn't tired. I knew they weren't believing it but I wasn't ready to leave. I didn't know what tomorrow would bring regarding my mom. I didn't want to leave her while she still knew who I was. But I couldn't help it. I was lying on my mother's bed and I kept drifting off.

Alex laughed. "Yes, you are. Come on." He stood and helped me stand. I leaned against him and he kept me from falling.

"Take care of her?" I heard my mother ask.

"I will."

"Come see me tomorrow?"

"We will. If she even gets out of bed in the morning." I could tell he was smiling without even looking at him.

I opened my eyes and glanced at my mom. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too, baby. Go get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled at me.

"Mmk." I said sleepily. I felt Alex laugh lightly.

Alex got me in the taxi and I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew he was carrying me into the hotel. He set me on the bed when we got to our room and I kicked off my shoes and I heard him laugh at me.

"Zooey, don't you want to change?"

"Mmm. Not really. I'm comfortable right now. And too tired." I sighed. I felt the bed sink down beside me and I moved closer to Alex.

He kissed my head and I snuggled closer letting myself drift off to sleep.

--

I could hear the shower running when I woke in the morning. I stretched and smiled to myself. Alex and my mom got along. And she liked him. And he wanted to marry me. I grinned. Alex Gaskarth wanted to marry me. This was far more exciting than finding out that he loved me. I twisted around so that I was lying on my stomach and squealed into my pillow.

"Zooey? Are you okay?" I looked at where his voice came from. He had just gotten out of the shower and had a towel around his waist. His hair was still dripping and it made me smile.

I laughed. "I'm fine."

"Really? Did not look like it when I came out."

I couldn't hold back my grin. "I'm absolutely fan-fucking-tastic."

He grinned and leaned down to kiss me. "What makes you so happy?" His hair dripped water on me and I kissed him again.

"You. And the fact that you're virtually wearing nothing."

"Oh really?"

I bit my lip and grinned. "Mhmm."

"Well, I would change that but we have places to be." He kissed my head and stood up sticking out his hand.

"Oh really? Where are we going, Mr. Gaskarth?"

"We have a date with the breakfast buffet downstairs."

"Oh? What does this buffet include?"

"Everything your heart desires." He wrapped his arms around me and pressed me to his wet body.

"Alex!" I screamed pushing him away giggling. "You suck."

He laughed. "Mm. But you love me. Are you showering?"

"Yeah, probably. Why?"

"I need to do my hair."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're such a woman."

"You're the one with the hair down to your waist."

"So? I could shower and let it air dry. You're the one that needs to actually style it."

"Whatever. I like looking good." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes again and walked to into the bathroom. "Are you going to need it?"

"Probably. Mind if I style while you shower?"

I smiled. "Not really. As long as you promise to stay out."

"Aww? No morning fun?" He grinned.

"We have a date, remember?"

"Right."

I smiled at him and turned the shower on. He went to put on clothes and I stripped down and hopped in. I needed to call Tay. So badly. I had to tell her everything. We really needed a sleepover soon. The guys were going on tour and I still hadn't decided on what I was going to do. If I didn't go I was going to be home alone. I wouldn't even have Tay. She would be on tour with them.

I ran my fingers through my long hair and sighed. Did I really want to go on tour again? Alex and I were perfect. Would that get screwed up if I went on tour with them? What I really needed was a job. I needed to meet new people and make new friends. I smiled as I heard the hotel blow dryer start up. What was I going to do?

--

"Star Wars pancakes?" I asked the chef.

He stood behind a counter with a flat top stove. I could see the Star Wars cut out shapes off to the side and I couldn't help but feel excited by this. I mean, they were Star Wars pancakes. I nodded and the chef grinned at me.

"It'll be a few minutes, but I'll bring them out when I'm done."

"Thanks!"

"Seriously?" Alex said as we walked to the other food. "Star Wars pancakes?"

"Yes! They sound amazing. And why wouldn't I get Star Wars pancakes? I think they also make the chef happy."

He rolled his eyes and grinned. "I hope their shitty."

I hit his chest and he laughed. "That's so mean. I bet their fan-fucking-tastic."

"You really like using that don't you?"

"Mhmm." I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

I'd found the fruit bowls, cereal, and basically every other breakfast food on the planet. I picked up some eggs, bacon, and toast. I grabbed a bowl of fruit and some silverware. Alex had grabbed basically the same thing and we found a seat. Before I could dig into my food the chef brought me my pancakes.

"Oh my god. These are so cool!"

"Haha thanks. I wish there were more customers like you. They all scoff at the thought of something other than a nice round pancake." He said.

I glanced at Alex and he rolled his eyes. "Well, I think they are amazing. And if I lived here I would totally get them everyday."

"Thanks. Would you like any Mr.-?"

"Gaskarth. And I guess." He smiled. "I'm going to hate our trip back if I don't."

I grinned. "Cool. I'll be out with them in a few minutes." She chef walked away and I looked at Alex.

"What?" He said.

"Nothing." I smiled and dug into my food.

The pancakes, were delicious. Best pancakes I had ever had. Alex's were brought a little while later and I could tell he was trying not to enjoy them. They were perfect. Chocolate chip Star Wars pancakes. It was going to be my favorite food.

"What else are we doing today?"

He glanced at me quickly and looked away. "Umm."

"What?"

He swallowed his food and bit his lip. "Do you remember us promising to go see your mom today?"

"Yeah."

"I called the home earlier."

"Oh." I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Zooey."

"It's fine. I expected it." I could feel the tears fighting to escape but I held them back.

He placed his hand on mine and sighed. "This isn't fair at all. I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I could do this. It was expected and she got to meet him. And he her. It was going to be okay. I felt his thumb run across my hand. I smiled and opened my eyes.

"It's fine. I'll be okay. At least you got to meet her."

"I know but-"

I stopped him. "Don't. I'm trying not to cry. We can do something else. There's more to do than just see my mother."

"Like what?"

I thought a minute. "You need to meet Harold."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Update. I apologize for not getting on this earlier. My mother'sfriend's computer broke so she took over mine. =/

Wouldn't get off at all. Except when she went t bed. Then I had homework and couldn't update. So here is a pretty little chapter for everyone. :D

I still need ideas on what to do for STAR NUMBER 10. Which reminds me, I got THE best picture of Alex today. xD Maybe that will be the number 10 present. I'm assuming most of you have seen it though. Hmm.

Anyway. I'm seeing Rock Horror Picture show tonight and I get to dress like a whore. :D
So, read, comment, subscribe and give me love. [:
Title credit goes to We Are The In Crowd. Because holy fucking shit the new alubm is amazing. <3

p.s. I'm also considering a couple chapters in Alex's perspective. Thoughts??