Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

I've got a sweet tooth.

I stood up in front of Cameron and rested my hands on his knees, “I‘m sorry.”

“Scar-” he started but I cut him off.

“Think of how you would feel if you did it to me. That‘s how I feel right now.” I sighed. He nodded and rested his hands in his lap. “You were very brave, you know that?” I smiled, gently resting my hands on his cheeks. I leaned in and gave him a few quick kisses. “I still think you’re cute.”

His hands rested on top of mine. He pulled them away from his face and laced our fingers together. “You think I get a sucker?”

I laughed, “You deserve one, if not I‘ll buy you a big bag.”

After the nurse came in and went over instructions, and gave him a sucker, we were free to go. It was already nine o’clock; we spent two hours in the emergency clinic. I was walking to his car with my arms crossed in front of my chest, Cameron slung his arm over my shoulders and smiled at me, “We never finished watching our movie.” he noted.

“Are you trying to hint at something?” I asked.

“You bet I am.” he grinned, opening the passenger door for me. “Watch your head.”

“Watch your face; I might hit you with a racket if you keep saying that.” I shot back.

We took off, heading back to my house, knowing if we went to Cameron’s house, Zach would see and be all over us.

I opened the door to my house, calling out to my parents, “I‘m home, with a guest!”

I spotted my dad in the home office, after taking off our shoes Cameron and I walked in to talk to him, “Hi dad, this is Cameron.”

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Miller.”

My dad stood up and shook his hand, “Nice to meet you too. If you don‘t mind me asking, what happened?”

“Your daughter.” Cameron grinned. “We were playing badminton and she accidentally whacked me in the face with her racket, twelve stitches.” he announced proudly.

“I don‘t believe it.” my dad mumbled, then laughed. “Those years of tennis played off, huh?”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Cameron’s hand, dragging him into the kitchen to meet my mom.

“Mom, I have someone I want you to meet.”

“Is it that boy?” she yelled out.

My face turned bright red, Cameron let out a laugh. “Mom, this is Cameron.” I said as we walked into the kitchen.

“Well, it‘s very nice to meet you, Cameron!”

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Miller.”

“Feel free to call me Barb, and my husband Greg. Now explain to me what on earth happened to your face.”

“Mom!” I scolded.

“Well I couldn‘t think of a more polite way!”

Cameron laughed, “It‘s fine!” then told her the same thing he hold my dad.

“Let‘s go get your clothes.” I mumbled through my mom’s laughter. Once in the laundry room I pulled Cameron’s, now dry, clothes out of the dryer. I quickly folded them and turned around to place them in his hands. But once I turned around his lips were on mine. His arms wrapped around my waist, securing me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled back.

“This can be our special spot.” he whispered.

I smiled “I‘d like that.” I leaned back in to kiss him, but his phone went off. He sighed and answered it; Zach. He was just checking up to see how Cameron was doing.

“You know, for trying to set us up, they‘ve been preventing us from doing things.” He whispered once he hung up, resting his forehead against mine.

I smiled, “I know.” I laced my fingers through his and pulled him along. We ended up in my basement to clean his face off and finish watching the movie we started earlier.

I had him sit on the countertop in the bathroom and wet down a washcloth. I carefully wiped the dried blood off of his face.

“I feel so bad for doing this to you.” I sighed.

“Charlotte, please don’t. It’s fine.”

I finished cleaning his face off and slowly removed the bandage; making him flinch a little. “Sorry.” I apologized with a small smile.

“How does it look?” he asked.

“Very bad ass.” I smiled, giving him a quick kiss on the lips then headed into the other room.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Beauty Killer by Jeffree Star.

When I was younger, I had a notebook that I would write silly poems in, because I wanted to be like Shel Silverstein after having read Where the Sidewalk Ends. I only got about 5 quality poems in there before I totally forgot about it and just quit.
But lately I’ve been filling my phone’s notepad up with poems or one liners that just pop into my head randomly. It happened earlier today when I watched the clouds for the first time in forever.

Take me up
To the sky
Set me down
On a cloud
And let me drift away.


It’s really weird how it happens, it comes at the weirdest times, I don’t try and sit down and force one out, a line will come in my mind and I’ll think about it then another line will come and I have to hurry up and pull open notepad on my phone to write it down. My mind just clutters all of the sudden, I love it.

I emailed myself this, so I’m posting from my phone, which is really annoying by the way, as I’m in a car on my way to Marshalltown! I’m listening to U.S. Royalty’s album Mirrors…such a perfect road trip album.

Oh, and happy birthday to the handsome Kennedy Brock. (:

Thank you for your beautiful comments;

xJonasAdub1DAmaze
ayeitsaleciaa
xxErika411xx
adubfan14
katiecutting
PennStatefreak7
marylove2013
Addicted2Adub
musiclover14
ABubLover17
KissofColor
RawrFizzy
MrsCamQuiseng
nessiii23
MsCameronQ806


You know the drill, comments go HERE!