Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

Girls, they wanna have fun.

I parked my car in Cameron’s driveway and got out, locking my doors from the keychain as I walked up to his door. I rang the doorbell and stepped back, waiting for someone to answer the door. A few seconds later the door cracked open and a small face peeked out at me. I laughed and waved.

“Hi, Bridget!” Bridget was Cameron’s ten year old sister.

She smiled and opened the door all the way, “Can we not tell Cameron that you’re here and then that way you can play with me?”

I chuckled as I stepped inside, slipping my shoes off, “Sounds like a plan, we’ve gotta be quiet though! He might hear me talking!”

She placed her index finger over her lips and winked, but she couldn’t wink, so her wink was closing both eyes. I smiled and nodded as she carefully crept up the stairs to her room with me behind her. Once we reached the top she peeked over the corner and made sure it was clear, she looked back at me and signaled me to follow her, meaning it was clear. Once we were both in her room she quickly shut her door and started laughing.

“We’ve still gotta be quiet because his room is right next to yours!”

She nodded and sat down Indian style on the pink rug on her floor. She had such a girly room, a room for a princess. Pink, purple and white.

“What should we do?” I asked as she looked around her room.

“Can you paint my nails?”

“Of course!! I don’t have a sister, so I’d love to!”

“You can give Cameron your brother, and I’ll come live with you!” she said as she sat back down with a purple nail polish in her hand.

“Sounds good to me! Brothers are messy and no fun!” I unscrewed the cap of the nail polish and held her hand in mine as I carefully began to paint her nails. “So how’s school?”

“It’s okay, I hate science though.”

“I don’t blame you! It only gets worse as you grow up!” she rolled her eyes and let out a groan. “So any cute boys in your class?”

I glanced up and saw her face turning a light shade of pink. Her green eyes avoided mine as she let out a giggle.

“You can’t tell Cameron, because he’ll make fun of me, okay?” I nodded and waited for her to continue as I started on her other hand. “His name is Adam. He’s funny; he always makes the whole class laugh.”

“Maybe he likes you!”

She shrugged and laughed, “My dad says I can’t date till I’m in college.”

“He’ll let you date in high school when you bring home a cute boy, don’t you worry!” I finished up her nails and put the lid back on the nail polish. “My dad told me the same thing! And then I brought home Cameron and he loosened up.” She laughed as she blew on her nails to make them dry faster.

“Hopefully my dad is like that too, I don’t want to be a cat lady when I’m older!”

“Between you and me, I’d rather be a cat lady, Cameron has smelly feet!” This caused Bridget to let out a loud laugh, falling onto her back as she held onto her stomach.

“Shhh!!” I warned as I laughed along with her.

She sat up, still laughing, “You’re right, Cameron’s feet do smell bad!”

Just as she said that there was a knock on her door, “Bridget, who are you talking to?”

It was Cameron. Both of us looked at each other with wide eyes. Seconds later the door opened and Cameron stood in the doorway.

He spotted me and I waved, “Hi.”

His eyebrows furrowed together, “What are you doing in here? I was just about to call you!”

“We wanted girl time!” Bridget spoke up.

“Can I steal Charlotte from you?”

“I suppose.” She sighed. “Thanks for doing my nails!”

I smiled at her and stood up, “You’re welcome!”

Cameron stepped into the hall and walked to his room as I shut Bridget’s door behind me. I walked the few steps to Cameron’s room and shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cindi Lauper

~It’s boring, I’m sorry. But Charlotte and Bridget got to have girl time, aww.

79 days…..seventy-nine. That’s all I get. It’s not long enough. I’m hoping that they go slow, really, really slow. And then the following 7 weeks can go by really really, really fast. And then that next week can go by super slow again. And then the next 912 days can go by really fast. Is that too much to ask?

Today, at church, there was an elderly couple that’s been married for 71 years. So beautiful.

I have to go back in and get my tattoo touched up. Great :/

Thank you for the comments, I really do appreciate them!
Unfortunately, today has been such a shitty day that I’m just not in the mood to go through and copy and paste all the usernames, I’m sorry. Your comments don’t go unnoticed! In fact, I hit 500, holy moly! Thank you so much, I nearly fell out of my computer chair when I saw that!