Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

Could it be that may be is our first mistake

Bridget’s POV

“Good morning, Vivian…” I could hear Eric’s voice as I turned the door knob and opened the door wide. “Morning, mom.” Eric added as he walked toward me and gave me a warm hug.

I could see everyone I used to hang out with and one guy I never saw before but he looked nice to me. I was still standing in front of my room when Eric gave me a warm friendly hug with a light peck on my cheek before turning to Vivian and gave his girl friend a light kiss on the lip. Across my door, I saw David chewed something while watching the TV and had a bowl of cereal for himself.

“Vivian let me take her cereals, so I grabbed a bowl of it.” David grinned as he put down the bowl and jumped off the couch before running excitedly toward me. “You’ve gain weight!” he added as we chuckled.

“Who is he?” I asked as I pointed at the guy I never saw before and he walked toward me.

“My name’s Wes Dimond, but you can call me cute.” Wes said as he raised his eyebrow.

“Hey!” Cameron protested from the kitchen as he slowly walked toward me.

He was just there at the kitchen when in a matter of second, Cameron and I were only few steps away. His deep blue eyes were staring deep onto mine and he took those little steps before reaching out to my hand and started to rub my belly. Something felt different when he did what he did. Even though Jason did that a lot, something was just different, everything felt somehow peaceful. He lit a little smile on his face as he knelt down and started singing ‘Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder.

“Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love”


Cameron stopped singing but then I heard the sob coming from where he was. His forehead leaned down to my baby bump but he clenched his hand and I could see the veins on his wrist coming out and his face turned red. I knew how emotional he was because of the act he pulled. He sobbed real hard as he kept on crying in front of me without any word.

“I am sorry, Bridget.” Cameron finally said as Vivian motioned the rest of the guys to left us both alone.

“Cameron, please stand up.” I asked him as he shook his head.

I tried to get him to stand up but instead of standing up, Cameron decided to pull himself a little further from me and he started beating his own self. I saw this happened back in high school when he felt like he couldn’t trough another day without any harassment. He was angry to himself and he couldn’t do anything about it, slowly I walked toward him and sat down next to him and gently wrapped my arms around him as he tried to struggle but decided to surrender.

He was like a baby who just found a shelter as he kept on repeating the word sorry. My heart crimpled seeing how vulnerable he was, just the him I knew years back and the look in his eyes were just innocent. Lord knows how I hated the guy that was on my arms, but deep down, I know I still have something for him. A bond that cant be disconnected by everything, because basically I bear his child.

“I know I cant just walk in to your life again right now.” Cameron said as I smiled. “Are you and Jason happy, Bree?” he added as I nodded.

“But Cammie…” I said as he looked up to my direction.

“You called me Cammie…” He chuckled.

“You called me Bree…” I shrugged as he sat properly. “You will always be her dad, Cameron.”

Cameron stood up as he offered me a hand to reach and helped me up. Just then I heard my ringtone rang and found Gio was on the other line. It was just 8 am when I picked her call and she was talking in a panic tone, asking me to go to Jason’s office as I rushed to the bathroom, changed into a proper outfit and asked Cameron to get Vivian get the car ready as he offered me a ride.

Vivian was always stick to my tail as the rest of Cameron’s band decided to follow us, and David begged to come because he wanted to set everything right with Gio which I just found out he cheated on Gio but he knew he don’t deserve her anymore.

As Cameron parked his band’s van Vivian and I crossed the road and Vivian told them to wait in the coffee shop and I went to Jason’s office. It was no secret that Jason, Vivian, and Gio were the ones helping me with the fund to help me get through my pregnancy. Jason took care of every kind of my baby needs while Gio and Vivian were the one who took care of my daily needs. They were already my family.

As I entered Jason’s office, his office was a terrible mess. Jason was standing in front of the main door as he groaned in frustration over the destroyed office of his. All of his employees were sent back home due to the mess that was happening inside his office. Jason didn’t talk about his loss as I rubbed his back and for the first time in my life I saw him cried in front of me.

“I shouldn’t have kept this from you.” Jason said as he knelt down before me.

“What should I know, Jas?” I asked.

“It’s the debt collector who did this to my gallery.” Jason said. “When I moved to Virginia, I borrowed some money from the bank and I’ve already paid them, but I forgot about the increase, I completely forgot about the deal that was made between me and the bank.”

“Jason, I don’t quiet get where this conversation is going…” Vivian asked as I nodded.

“They seize my gallery because I couldn’t afford to pay the increase, and this gallery is the only thing I can make money from. I am such a shameful human being, Bee.”

Listening to Jason’s explanation made my head over heels, the fact that he was broke didn’t quiet affect me because I know he can still work on another tattoo gallery and I can definitely work on the other place too. I know I have a pretty good musical skill and it made me less worry about money. After such a long conversation, Vivian convinced us to get to the coffee shop and joined the guys.

At first, Jason almost flipped when he saw Cameron but then he remembered that Cameron was Vivian’s cousin and the fact that she made up with Eric only made Cameron’s reason to stay there stronger.

“So, what can we do to help?” Wes asked as Jason re-explained his condition.

“Well, we do need a merch guy for our band, and I think we can definitely get that position for you.” David said as Jason shook his head.

“Jas, come on. Accept their offer, your wedding’s going to be held after Bridget’s due date right? It will be around February! You can save some money from the tour!” Gio said as Vivian stepped on her foot.

“A wedding?” Cameron asked as I looked down.

“You know what, David? I think we need to settle our things first.” Gio said as she pulled David away and Vivian did the same thing to Eric and Wes followed them, leaving me, Jason, and Cameron only.

“Bridget, I have actually seen this coming for me and my back up plan is to join the army.” Jason said as I dropped my cup of tea to the ground and Cameron dropped his jaw.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I cried on this chapter, and i kind of thought it's better than the previous one :D

Feedback?

-Amelia