Status: Slow updates.

The Long Road

Two.

There was no way I could back-out or runaway from this family. I promised I’d be strong and be good for them before my mother died. The car ride to their house was long and boring, about 4 hours, till we reached a long stretch of asphalt driveway.

“Welcome home Skylah dear.” I heard my new mother say with her soft voice just like my mothers.

The house was about 2 stories high, walk out balcony and a pool in the back, it was all white and blue wooding. I couldn’t wait to see my room.

“Thanks Mrs. Elliot” I said politely grabbing my bags from her.

“Please darling, call me mother” she softly smiles and kisses my forehead.

It took me a moment to recover from the visions of my mother doing that. I began walking towards the door where lays a mat that says Welcome Home, so typical for every family. The stairs to the upstairs was right by the door, dark wood and curved; I could
imagine how much this place would go for.

“Your room is to the left honey” there goes Carson’s husky voice. I could get used to his.

I started walking to my room and awing at the photograph’s of them together. It took me a moment to realize the beautiful room I was starring at was mine. The baby blue walls and a matching bed set put on a queen size bed and wood flooring and matching dresser and that balcony? It’s coming out from my room.

Emptying the one suitcase I had filled with clothes, I folded what was left of my mother and put it in a special drawer. Her fruity cent filled the air, I missed her but I knew I had to stay strong. It had only been a half-a-day with this family and I love them. I could get used to this, being without my mother guiding me through life. The hardest thing I have to go through is relying and trusting them now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short again sorry /: