Turtle

That's So Awkward

I still couldn't believe what had just happened.My heart was racing and my palms were clammy.Everything was blurring in my mind. Trevor made me cry and Allen punched him, that's all that was really standing out. That...and the way Trevor looked. Broken, sad, confused,disappointed. He looked...vulnerable. I looked down at my sneakers, ashamed.

"Eve!!" Someone called my name.

I looked up to see Allen coming towards me, Kayla was with him. They both looked sad and a little concerned.

"Are you alright?" Allen asked me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah, Allen told me what happened" Kayla said, "I'm sorry I wasn't there" She offered me a smile.

I glared at her, suddenly angry. She was never there when I needed her. She was always off with some boy, and only came back to me when she had some sort of issue. My issues were unimportant and worthless. And Allen wasn't much better. He was always, always giving me mixed signals. I didn't know if he liked me or if he just liked to pick on me. He kissed me and then he agreed that I was an unimportant turtle. Some friends they were! I had to say something, I had to let them know exactly what I was thinking.

I opened my mouth, willing something, anything to come out. Nothing. Allen and Kayla gave me confused looks and frowned.

"Y-you shouldn't have hit him." I said to Allen, wishing I could yell and scream. "I'm fine but...I really wish that you didn't hit him."

"He made you cry Eve, Trevor is a complete jerk." Allen rebutted.

"Yeah, he deserved it." Kayla added.

"You weren't even there Kayla, how would you know? And you are so much bigger than him Allen." I whimpered, I could feel tears building up. "You shouldn't have hit him!" My voice cracked as I spoke and the tears broke free, streaming down my face and plopping onto my sneakers.

Allen hufffed, rolled his eyes turned to leave then turned back to face me again. His eyes were squinted and his brows furrowed, he pointed one accusatory finger at me as he spoke.

"You are too nice for your own good Eve. You worry about everyone but yourself and life doesn't work like that! If you keep acting like that people are going to suck you dry. I was there for you back there, he made you cry and I did something about it! If it weren't for me everyone would have just been standing around gawking at one another!"

I stared up at him and gasped. Allen had never snapped at me before.

"...You don't get to be mad at me for standing up for you Eve.You just don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW, it has been quite some time!! Sorry for waiting such a long time for an update! Let us know what you think!!