Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Everywhere We Turn More Hatred Surrounds Us

“Hailey!”, Val shouted as I approached my group of friends. “I need to talk with you!”

“Whoa! Calm down, girl!”, I chuckled and greeted everyone who was there. “What’s up?”

“Girls talk. We need a private place!”, she smiled.

I sighed and followed her. She walked to the bar and sat on a chair.

“Didn’t you want to go to a private place?”, I asked.

“Well… This is a private place. There’s no one who’ll listen to what we’re saying!”, Val explained.

“But you’re in the bar! Everyone listens to what you’re saying!”, I said.

“But the people who know us won’t listen.”, Val shrugged.

“Are you kidding me? Everybody knows who we are!”, I raised my arms to my head.

It was true… Thanks to Matt, Brian, Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny everybody knew us. Everybody knew Val as the friend of the popular guys and me as Matt’s – the though, popular guy who had lots of girlfriends – little sister, which was something I hated because we were basically the same age!

“You’re right…”, Val said after thinking for a while. “But it doesn’t matter, I just don’t want the guys to hear us.”

“Uh, what’s going on in there?”, I chuckled as I pointed to her head.

“Well, yesterday something happened… After you and Brian left…”

I grabbed my chair and sat exactly in front of her so I could listen clearly.

“I’m all ears!”, I said making her laugh.

“Well… Matt and I… We talked and…”, she said.

“Come on! Don’t keep me waiting!”, I pouted.

“And we decided we’re better together than mad at each other.”

A huge smile appeared on my face and I started celebrating!

“I’m so happy for you guys! I need to congratulate Matt as well! That guy was feeling like shit thanks to you!”

“I know… But now we’re both happy, right?”, she smiled hopefully.

“Of course! And you’re gonna keep being happy, because he really likes you.”, I said matter-of-factly.

“Now… Your turn to tell me what happened yesterday.”, Val smirked.

“Well, I left you two alone, went to my house and slept until this morning.”, You liar, Hailey! You left them and you and Brian nearly kissed each other!

Val made a disappointed face and stared at me. “You’re lying.”

“I’m not!”, I lied.

“You are. And you’re going to tell me everything that happened yesterday, detail by detail. Now!”, she said.

I sighed and told her what happened on that night, including the fact of the almost kiss.

“You almost kissed each other?”, Val screamed.

I put my hand in front of her mouth so that the others wouldn’t listen and narrowed my eyes.

“Shh! No! It was only the heat of the moment!”, I said.

“The heat of the moment?”, Val looked at me confused.

“Yeah! There’s even a song called Heat of the Moment! Can’t you remember it?”, I asked. “'Cause was the heat of the moment, heat of the moment. The heat of the moment shone in your eyeeeeeees!

Suddenly, someone slapped my head playfully.

“What the fuck, Hailey?”, Jimmy laughed.

“Hey! What was that for?”, I asked pouting.

“Why were you singing an Asia song?”

“Fuck off, Jimmy! We were in the middle of a conversation!”, Val said.

“Can I join?”, Jimmy asked.

“No!”, Val answered.

“Can I join, Hay?”, Jimmy asked me with puppy eyes.

“You heard the boss…”, I shrugged.

“Fine! Keep that talk to yourselves. I’ll be out there having fun!”, Jimmy said and left like a sulky kid.

“You didn’t need to be that rude…”, I said.

“I’ll apologize later, but I really need to know this now!”, she said making me chuckle. “If it wasn’t for that thunder would you guys kiss?”

“Well, no! He’s my friend. My best friend, actually. I don’t want anything to ruin that.”, I answered.

“But do you like him?”

“As my friend, yes, I do. I can’t imagine him being more than my brother. At least, right now.”
“But that means you’re willing to give him a chance, right?”

“But he doesn’t even like me, Val. I told you. It was just something that happened. It won’t happen again, I promise.”, I assured smiling.

She sighed and nodded. “Okay… But if something else happens you tell me!”

“Yes, ma’am!”, I chuckled.

A few days later – 11th December


“Happy birthday, mister Vengeance!”, I yelled as I hugged Zacky tightly.

“Thanks, little one!”, Zacky smiled.

“Here’s your gift! Hope you like it!”, I smiled back.

“It’s awesome, Hailey! I love it! Thanks!”, Zacky said as he kissed my cheek.

“You’re welcome!”, I said.

I saw Gena approaching and decided it would be better if I maintained a safe distance from her.

“I’m gonna go sit next to the rest of the guys, okay?”, I asked.

“You’re leaving me now?”, Zacky pouted. “There’s not a only Zacky and Hailey time for so long…”

“I know, Zee.”, Gena was now wrapping her arm around Zacky’s waist and he realized why I wanted to leave. “Go greet the rest of the guys and meet us later.”

I walked to Zacky’s living room and sat on the couch next to Matt and Jimmy.

He was throwing his birthday party on his house and invited too much people for my liking. The house was already crowded and I was pity of his neighbors that wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight thanks to the noise they were making.

“You’re here already?”, Matt asked.

“Yeah…”, I answered.

“Why?”, Jimmy asked.

“I think someone got in the middle of their talk and is trying to do the same thing right now.”, Val said.

The three of us followed her gaze to find Gena walking towards the couch with a smile on her face.

“What does she want now!?”, Jimmy grumbled.

Since she started dating Zacky everyone became tired of her. She was always making him do what she wanted, she didn’t want him to go the band practice and she barely let him spend his time with his friends.

“Hey! Can I join you?”, she asked.

Luckily, there was no space for her in the couch. Jimmy, I and Matt occupied most of the couch and Val was sitting on Matt’s lap, occupying the rest of the free space in the couch.
“No space left, sorry…”, Matt said.

“Oh, okay. I’ll grab a chair then.”, she said and did so. “What were you guys doing?”

“Talking.”, I answered.

“About what?”, she asked.

“Hum… Nothing special really.”, I answered.

“Oh, okay…”

An awkward silence invaded that part of the living room and Matt and Val took that as an advantage to make out, leaving me, Jimmy and Gena in an uncomfortable position.
“Can I be honest with you guys?”, Gena asked and both Jimmy and I nodded. “Why do you act like that with me?”

Jimmy looked at me and I shrugged.

“Look… Don’t get me wrong… But… You can be Zacky’s girlfriend, but that doesn’t mean I have to treat you like a friend. You’re not my friend. I haven’t forgotten what you did to me before you two started hanging out, and I’m not thinking about forgetting it.”, I sighed.

“As much as I love Zacky as my best friend, I have to agree with Hay in this one…”, Jimmy said. “You were a bitch to her without a reason. You know how bad you made her feel?”

“I… I’m sorry… I didn’t know that…”, she said lowering her head. “But I promise I can change!”

“But I don’t want you to. Seriously.”, I assured. “You’re Zacky’s girlfriend, you’re his business. We’re just his best friends.”

She nodded and stood up walking away to another group of people.

“Awkward moment is finally over!”, Jimmy chuckled making me laugh.

Christmas Eve – 24th December


“Hailey! Wake up!”, Matt shouted from outside my bedroom.

“What time is it?”, I asked quietly.

“9:00 AM.” Matt answered. “Mom and dad won’t stop calling us for help. Hurry up!”

“I don’t want to!”, I whined.

Matt opened my bedroom door and stared at me with his hands over his hips.

“Come on, Hay. If we help them now we can leave in the afternoon and only come back later.”

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned.

“Okay. Let me just dress something up first, okay?”, I asked.

Matt nodded and went to his bedroom.

Like every year, we would celebrate Christmas with Brian’s, Zacky’s, Johnny’s and Jimmy’s families and this year we would be holding the party at my house.

I put on some comfy jeans, a System Of A Down shirt and a hoodie.

As I was leaving my room, I saw Matt climbing down the stairs to the kitchen. I approached him and we both had breakfast together.

The tasks our parents asked us to do weren’t that bad. We had to go to the grocery store and buy some food, finish decorating the living room and the Christmas tree and buy the rest of the presents that were on their list.

When we finished doing everything it was already lunch time.

“I’m fucking starving!”, Matt growled from the couch.

“Then get your ass out of the couch. We’re going out to eat something.”, I replied getting down from the ladder that let me decorate the top of the Christmas tree.

We went to the shopping mall and picked some food.

“Are you gonna meet Val today?”, I asked Matt.

“I want to… But she has a family dinner and all that shit.”, Matt answered.

“Oh, that sucks.”, I said.

“I’ll be with her tomorrow.”, Matt shrugged.

I chuckled and finished eating my food.

“Should we go back home or only return when we don’t have to do anything else?”, I asked.
“Second option. I’m not working anymore today!”, Matt said.

“Fair enough. But what will we do?”

Matt shrugged. “Let’s go to Zacky’s.”

I nodded and we walked over to Zacky’s house. We spent plenty of time there and got back home at 6:00 PM.

“Mom! Dad! Zacky’s already here!”, I shouted.

They both came to greet him and seconds after the doorbell was ringing.

Matt opened the door and Johnny and Brian were standing there with a smile on their faces.
“Merry Christmas!”, Brian sang as he greeted me.

“Merry Christmas, Bri!”, I laughed as I hugged him.

“Hey, I want some love too!”, Johnny whined.

“Aww, come here gnome!”, I said as I pushed him into a hug. “Merry Christmas!”

“Let’s go to the living room, guys!”, Matt shouted from the door.

We all walked over there and Johnny, Zacky, Matt and Brian sat on the couch and turned on the TV.

“Are you guys seriously going to watch TV until everyone arrives!?”, I asked in disbelief.

“Yup.”, Zacky nodded.

I shook my head and slapped each of their heads playfully.

“Ouch!”, they all complained making me laugh.

“I’m gonna take a quick shower and dress something for later, okay?”, I said.

“Girls!”, they all sighed.

I made my way to my bathroom and turned on the water tap. I entered the shower and 10 minutes later I was already out. I dried my hair with the towel and then wrapped it around my body.

I walked to the bedroom and chose the clothes for later. As I was ready to toss the towel to the floor, someone knocks on my door and tries to open it. I quickly put the towel around me and run to the door, blocking the entrance.

“Whoever you are, do not enter my room right now?”, I said.

I heard a chuckle and immediately indentified who it belonged to.

“Why’s that?”, Brian asked amused.

“I’m not dressed up, yet!”, I whispered. I thought he didn’t even manage to listen to me.

“Are you naked!?”, he asked.

“Yes!”, I whispered making him laugh. “Shh!”

“Can I come in?”, Brian asked amused.

“Are you fucking kidding me?”, I nearly yelled. “You guys are assholes! Go downstairs!”

“Okay, okay. I’ll go downstairs. And dream about you wrapped on a towel!”, I swear I could hear his smirk.

I grabbed my sneaker, opened the door and threw it in Brian’s direction. He turned back with a surprised expression on his face that quickly turned into a smirk.

He started running in my direction and picked me up, placing me on his shoulder. Luckily, my towel didn’t fall and kept in the same place.

“Brian, please put me down!”, I begged.

“If I put you down can I come in?”, he smirked.

“Of course not, you jerk!”, I said.

“Then no deal.”

“Please! Oh, I know! If you put me down, I promise to give you a chubby kiss on your cheek.”, I was praying this would work!

My feet touched the ground and I sighed of relief.

“Both of my cheeks.”, he said.

I growled but ended up agreeing with him. I fulfilled my promise and gave him a kiss on each of his cheeks. He put his arms around my middle and hugged me, placing a kiss on my cheek that turned red right after that.

“You smell good.”, he said.

“Thanks!”, I chuckled. “You can stay here and I’ll tell you when you can enter. Or you can wait downstairs.”

“I’ll wait here.”, he smiled.

I smiled back and entered the room, closing the door after me. I put on my underwear, the tights and the dress and opened the door again.

“Can I come in now?”, Brian asked peeking through the door.

I nodded and he came in. He looked at me with his mouth slightly opened and I started to freak out, thinking that something was wrong.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked shyly.

“You… Yow look amazing!”, Brian answered making me blush.

“Really?”, I asked and he nodded. “Thanks!”

“I’m only telling the truth. You’re beautiful tonight!”

“Does that mean you don’t think I’m beautiful on the other days?”, I teased faking a shocked look.

“Of course not! You’re beautiful every day, but tonight it’s different. You’re amazing!”

I blushed again and couldn’t help but smile at his compliment.

“I won’t take too long. I just have to do my hair and put some make-up.”

Brian nodded and sat on my bed, playing on the acoustic guitar I had next to it.

I applied some eyeliner and foundation and a bit of lip gloss - but not too much – and let my hair dry on its natural waves.

“I’m ready. Let’s go downstairs now?”, I asked.

Brian nodded and stood up. We walked to the living room and there were more people in there. I could see Papa Gates, Suzy and a few of my relatives had arrived and Matt, Johnny and Zacky were in the exact same place, playing Mortal Kombat.

We approached them and Zacky smirked at us.

“What were you doing upstairs?”, Zacky asked.

“Brian was waiting for me to finish getting ready.”, I explained.

“I thought he just went there to tell you people were starting to arrive.”, Johnny said not taking his eyes of the screen.

The doorbell rang, saving me from the embarrassment.

I opened it and looked at Jimmy with a confused look on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter here! :)
Sorry for the delay! Once again, blame the school for keeping me from writing.

I'm not getting lots of comments in this story... :(
You know comments make me want to update faster and improve the story...

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one...
It's late and I didn't revise, so I hope there are no mistakes. If there are, I'm sorry x)

See you on the next chapter! :)
Thanks for reading and commenting if you do so ♥
I love you!