Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Together With My Friends

I was sitting in the back seat of Zacky’s car, waiting for Jimmy, Zacky, Johnny and Brian to decide getting inside of it.

Today we’d be finally going to Johnny’s uncles’ beach house, and I couldn’t wait for Zacky to start the two-hour drive to the house.

I crossed my arms over my chest, and turned around in my seat, looking at Zacky that was finishing placing the baggage on the car’s trunk.

“Will you guys take too long to get in the fucking car and start the drive?” I asked, frowning.

“Chill,” Zacky chuckled. “We’re coming.”

I turned around and he closed the trunk, calling for everyone and opening the driver’s door.

“They’re coming,” he looked back.

“Finally!” I said. “Matt will arrive there before us, if we keep moving this slow.”

Zacky looked at the window and frowned. Matt had the car started already.

He would take the girls - Val, Michelle and Lacey, and the Berry’s.

“Hey,” Zacky stood up from his seat and looked at the outside through the car’s roof. “Will you fuckers come to the car!? We gotta get there before Matt does!”

They all mumbled yeah’s and headed to the car.

Johnny and Jimmy both tried to open the front door and that ended up in starting an argument between the both of them. Brian just rolled his eyes and opened the back door, sitting next to me.

I fought back a smile and groaned when I realized that they wouldn’t stop fighting.

“Will you shut the fuck up?” I shouted at them. “Matt’s driving, already!”

“Fuck you, Short Shit!” Jimmy slapped the back of his head. “I’m gonna sit on the back.”

“Finally!” Zacky cried, when Jimmy opened the door and sat down on the other seat next to me.

Johnny entered the car as well and looked back at Jimmy with a shit eating grin on his lips.

“Don’t you dare saying a single word, Short Shit!” Jimmy groaned.

“Cut it out, guys,” Brian laughed. “We have to find Matt now.”

We spent half of the ride just talking and listening to the music that Brian and Jimmy brought.

I’d really enjoyed this hour because, like every previous time, Brian had acted all sweet and friendly towards me. I hated liking that he was acting just as a friend, but I couldn’t help it. I loved spending time with him, in spite of whatever happened between us before.

“Oh, I love that song!” I cried as a song by Rancid started blasting through the speakers. “Turn it up!”

Johnny chuckled and did as I said.

I started singing to the lyrics and Jimmy stood up and threw his arms in the air, through the car’s roof, shouting the lyrics as well.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, so that I’d join him. I laughed and did exactly what he wanted, which made the other cars that were passing by to look at us like we were crazy.

I would put the blame on Jimmy, since it was his idea.

“Hailey,” Brian shouted, so that I would hear him. “Matt’s calling!”

I blinked and looked at him.

Why would Matt be calling if he was right behind us?

I turned around and saw his car, and I frowned as soon as he mouthed for me to pick up the call.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the phone from Brian’s hand, turning around again so that I was facing him. Jimmy did the same and I pressed the green button, so that I could hear whatever he wanted to say.

“Why are you calling?” I asked, confused.

“Get the fuck out of there,” he hissed. “I swear that if you fall I won’t take you to the hospital!”

Jimmy started laughing and I just rolled my eyes again.

“Come on, Matt! You really think I’d fall!?”

“Seeing as you’re the clumsy girl that I know, yeah, I think you’ll be falling in a matter of time,” he spoke, making me scoff. “So, please, will you get in the fucking car?”

“Shouldn’t you be paying attention to the road, instead of talking in the phone?” I smirked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Hailey!” he seethed.

“Okay, okay,” I sighed. It was visible that he wasn’t happy that I was still in the same place.

I groaned and sat down, but Jimmy didn’t move.

“Are you happy now?” I grumbled.

“Yes, a lot,” he sighed. “Will you ask Jimmy to sit down, as well? I don’t want to see him going to jail in the first day of holidays…”

“Yeah, yeah…” I nodded, tugging on Jimmy’s jeans. “Jimmy, come down!”

“Why?” he pouted, looking down at me.

“’Cause Matt wants you to.” I shrugged.

“Fine,” Jimmy rolled his eyes, plopping down on the seat.

“Good,” Matt said. “Now hand the phone to Johnny. Lacey wants to speak with him…” he sighed, and I knew he didn’t want to hear their love-talk.

“No, please don’t make me do that,” I whined. “I don’t to hear them!”

“Me neither, but she’s already scratched my whole fucking arm because I didn’t hand her the phone yet!” he said and I just laughed. For a moment I wish I was there to see what was happening.

“Fine, fine,” I muffled my chuckle. “Hey, Johnny,” he looked back. “Lacey wants to talk to you. But don’t take too long. That’s my phone, and I want to use it!”

Johnny smiled and grabbed the phone, bringing it to his ear and greeting his girlfriend.

-x-

“How long will it take us to arrive there?” I asked, about half an hour later.

“Not much,” Zacky said, turning to leave the highway. “I think we’ll be there in 40 minutes.”

I nodded and yawned, resting my head on my seat.

“Feel like sleeping?” Brian muttered, looking at me.

“There’s nothing much I can do to pass the time,” I shrugged, opening my eyes so that I could also look at him.

He laughed softly, making my heart swell with that sound. I missed hearing that every day.

He shifted on his seat and I eyed him curiously before he reached out with his arms to pull my body next to his. My breath hitched on my throat and he smirked, lowering his head to my ear.

“Put your legs over Jimmy’s,” he muttered softly, and I just glanced at him with a confused look. “He’s already sleeping, so he won’t mind. And that way we can both sleep comfortably.”

Once I realized he was planning on sleeping too, I nodded, still unable to speak without my voice cracking. I placed my legs over Jimmy’s and Brian sat comfortably in his place, before I rested my head on his chest.

I closed my eyes, but I could still feel his arms wrapping around my waist, and his hand resting on top of my hip, and that made me smile and hope that these days in the summer house would somehow help me get back what we used to have.

Sometime after, I woke up feeling a body moving underneath me.

I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder so that I could see Brian, who had already opened the car’s door.

“Finally you woke up,” he smirked slightly.

“I just woke up because you were moving underneath me,” I rubbed my eyes, cocking my eyebrow once I didn’t see Jimmy in front of me, where my legs should be resting.

“Well, I tried to wake you up, before,” he chuckled. “But you were too sleepy to even open your eyes.”

“I’m sorry,” I bit my lip, looking down and letting my hair fall to the front of my eyes so that he’d hide my embarrassment.

“Don’t be,” he laughed softly, putting some of my bangs behind my ears. “But let’s go, the guys are already out there, and I think Matt’s just arrived.”

I nodded and scooted out of my seat.

“Nice job in getting us this house, Short Shit!” Jimmy grinned happily.

“Yeah, dude!” Zacky smiled, before Matt, Val, Michelle, Lacey and the Berry’s joined the group. “It’s awesome!”

“Just don’t destroy anything,” Johnny said, walking over Lacey and placing a kiss on her forehead. “Or else we’ll never come back here.”

“Calm down,” Brian said. “We’re all saints, we wouldn’t destroy anything!”

All the girls, including me, laughed.

“You guys? Saints?” Val said through chuckles. “Only in your dreams!”

The guys rolled their eyes and Matt poked her sides, making her jump slightly.

“Come on,” Johnny said, shaking his head so that he’s stop laughing. “Let’s go inside, put our shit in the bedrooms and then head to the beach.”

Everyone nodded and then put their backpacks over their shoulders. Of course that the girls had to bring a suitcase with tons of clothes, but that was something that everyone was expecting by now.

And then, when we entered the house I faced a question that I should have asked before we came here. How many bedrooms were there in the house?

“There are four bedrooms and the arcade room that has a sofa bed for two people,” Johnny turned around to face us. “We can all share a room with another person. That way we’ll all sleep in a bed apart from those two who stay in the arcade room.”

We nodded and he cleared his throat.

“I was thinking that Shadz and Val could stay in a room, Matt and Michelle in another, I and Lacey in the other, Zacky and Jimmy in the arcade room and…” he stuttered a bit looking between Brian and I. “… Brian and Hailey could stay in the fourth room…”

My eyes widened and I looked at Johnny, blushing.

“We… We’re st-staying in t-the same r-room?” I asked, pointing between Brian and me.

“Yeah… Well…” Johnny rubbed the back of his neck. “I thought it would be okay for you two…”

I gulped and just looked at him again. “Are you sure I can’t-…”

“I’ll sleep in the living room’s sofa, don’t worry,” Brian muttered, but I could see that he wasn’t happy about it.

“Of course you won’t do that, Brian,” I sighed, looking at him. “I’m sorry… You must be thinking I’m a bitch for acting like this… You’ll sleep in the room, there’s no room for argument in that. If anyone has to leave it wouldn’t be you, it would be me.”

“You don’t need to leave, just so you know,” he shrugged, making me smile.

“That’s good to know,” I nodded, biting my lip.

“Good,” Johnny nodded. “So let’s put our stuff in there and then go out to the beach.

I climbed the stairs and walked to the room where Brian and I would stay, and he was following behind me.

I opened the door and smiled, realizing that we had a room with a balcony where you had a perfect view of the beach.

He closed the bedroom’s door and I glanced over my shoulder, seeing that he was smiling just like me.

“It’s a nice view,” I smiled, stepping aside so that he could also look. “You can see the whole beach.”

He stepped forward and then nodded, with a small smile on his lips. “It really is.”

I smiled again and then walked to the closet, opening it and putting my bag on the bed. I opened it and started putting my clothes inside the closet.

“I was thinking I could use this half of the closet and you used the other, if that’s okay for you…” I bit my lip.

“Yeah, that sounds okay,” he said. “I’m going to the bathroom and change to the beach clothes,” he muttered and I nodded.

I sighed as he closed the room’s bathroom door and sat on the border of the bed.

This would be hard, to share the same room as him, but I would make it. And we’d both enjoy our stay here.

I jolted slightly when I heard Brian clearing his throat and looked back, blinking.

“If you want to, you can use the bathroom already,” he said. “I’m gonna meet the guys downstairs.”

I nodded and watched as he left the room.

I stood up and grabbed a black and white bikini, as well as a black and white stripped dress. I dressed up and then slipped in some sneakers and grabbed my sunglasses.

I couldn’t wait to get to beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since there was the server crash, I don't know who commented in the last chapter and I had to re-post three of the previous ones, so I hope you don't mind the e-mails you received :)

Thank you for reading and a special thanks to the ones who took their time and left a comment ^.^