Status: Finished(:

She's Been Running Through My Dreams

Guide Me Home Tonight

I walked out of Janie’s bedroom and saw Audrey sitting on the couch.

“Is she asleep?” Audrey asked as I sat down. I nodded.

“She really loves you.” Aud said.

“I know.” I said quietly.

“Don’t break her heart,” She said quickly, “She doesn’t deserve it. I will fuck you up with you hurt her.” I know she would. I’d be lucky if I was alive. Audrey has always been badass.

“I won’t.” I promised.

“There you go again, making promises you can’t keep.” She sneered. Fuck, she’s really scared.

“Audrey, why are you so scared?” I asked.

“Because I am. I’m scared for Janie. She’s putting her whole heart in that your staying. That you will always be her father. She’s too young to deal with this.” She wiped angry tears off her cheek.

“Baby, I’m here to stay. If I need to, I’ll quit.” I love my job, but Janie and Audrey are my first priorities.

“No, you love your job. I’m not having you quit.” She protested. She has always been stubborn. I loved that about her.

“Then I won’t quit, we’ll figure something out when the time comes.” Which is… now.

“Which is now.” She said quietly. I nodded.

“Janie isn’t in school until she’s five so we could come on tour?” She said, like a question.

“Of course. We could home school her when the time comes.” I added. Audrey nodded and laid her head on my lap.

“I love you baby.” I said as I ran my fingers through your hair.

“I love you too, babe..” She smiled.

************************

Audrey woke Janie up an hour later.

“Where’s Daddy?”

“In the living room.” Janie came running, full speed, towards me and I quickly bent down so I could hug her.

“Hi.” She said happily.

“Did you sleep good?” I asked. I set her down. She nodded and smiled.

“Good.” Audrey walked over to us and I wrapped my arm around her waist.

“Do you want me to braid your hair?” Aud asked her, Janie nodded and ran out of the room. Her hair was long.

I sat on the couch and Audrey turned on her iPod. Sirens came on and I blushed. Damn. She walked over to the couch and I sat next to her.

“We love this song.” She justified as Janie came in with what Audrey needed to braid her hair.

“French, fish or regular?” Audrey asked Janie.

“Fish.” Janie chose. I watched as Audrey braided Janie’s hair. Audrey would start singing lyrics under her breath during her favorite songs. And during, the ones she was obsessed with; she would belt them out like she was in concert. It reminded me of how we met and why I love her.

I walked on stage and saw the most gorgeous girl at the barricade. I tapped the security guard in front of me. He looked behind himself, to me.

“Can you do me a favor?” He nodded.

“Get that girl- the brunette one with the lip ring. That’s wearing the neon green tank top, that’s holding a coke- backstage after my set.” He nodded. I watched him walk over to her. Her eyes lit up like Fourth of July and nodded. I kept my eyes on her the whole set. She was so lost in the music it was amazing. Not looking at me, not caring. Nothing.

I walked off stage and impatiently waited for the brunette to come backstage. I saw her walk in and I walked over to her.

“Hey, I’m Matt Flyzik.” I smiled.

“Hey, I’m Audrey Gibson. Your set was amazing.” She complimented. Audrey Gibson. I’m gonna add her on face book later.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“No problem.” She blushed. She’s so beautiful.


Janie hopped on to my lap as Audrey, literally, danced out of the room singing along with the song.

“What you thinking about?” She asked.

“How I met your mom.” I smiled.

“Tell me.” She demanded. And so I told her. I watched as Audrey leaned against the wall as she listened while I told Janie how we met.
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be longer then I orignally planned it to be. hehe(: