Status: Active- Short Story

A Perfect Tale

Monster Jared

“One medium size banana smoothie and another medium size strawberry one please.” I asked the guy behind the counter with the stupid hat on. He turned around to face me and broke out into a smile.

“Scott?” I asked in disbelief.

“Sup Perry Merry how’s it going?” Scott said. Scott Valentine happens to be my next door neighbor and my last resort when it comes to homework.

“Pretty good enjoying the last rays of the sun before fall comes along and ruins everything.” I said and he laughed.

“I hear ya. I’m making my last mula right now they close down this smoothie hole once the good weathers gone.” he said and I laughed.

“Two medium size smoothies one banana and one strawberry?” he asked ringing me up.

“Yes sir.”

“Alright. Coming up,” he said turning his back to us and starting on the smoothies.

“How do you know Valentine?” Michael asked me addressing Scott by his last name.

“He’s my neighbor.” I said smiling.

“Ahhh got it.” he smiled.

“Michael, I asked you to come along because I wanted to ask you to please not tell my brother or anyone of the boys that …. Jeremy and I are dating. Please?” I begged.

“I just don’t get it Sherlyn. Why wouldn’t you want him to know? Are you and Jeremy having problems?” he asked innocently.

Yeah we are. Try that we barely know or stand each other and we only a couple because he’s a demon from hell whose trying to break you and your girlfriend up and is dragging me along. And I’m the bigger demon who accidentally started the whole thing.

“No we aren’t. Its just … Jeremy is Jeremy and the guys have a very low opinion of him and I rather not start any problems since you guys don’t get along with them as well as I thought you did.” Michael scoffed.

“Why do I feel like there’s more to the story that I just don’t know about?” I asked Michael. He was a good foot taller than me and I had too look up to look him directly in his Greek god face his blonde shagging hair, with his piercing blue eyes, and nice Colgate smile. He also smelled heavenly I could smell his cologne, mingled with the smell of beach, and heaven radiating off his skin. Michael stared me directly in my eyes and his eyes clouded over.

He tucked a lose lock behind my ear and I almost jumped out my skin at the feeling of his skin coming in contact with mine. “Its not my story to tell Sherlyn just be careful. Your brother and his friends….. For lack of a better word fucked over allot of people including me and my friends theirs allot of people who want to get back at him.” I furrowed my eyes.

Hopefully he hadn’t notice the blush that had crept up my cheeks. “How does that concern me?” I asked him. My brother and his friends? I’ve known them my whole life there’s no way they could have done anything remotely bad to anyone. Yeah their pranks maybe pissed off a few people but to the point to harbor a grudge for three years? And seek vengeance? I highly doubted.

“What better revenge on Perry, the leader of them all then hitting him where it hurts… his little sister.” he told me in a cold voice I wasn’t accustom to hearing from Michael.

“Here ya go.” Scott said making me jump I smiled at him and took the smoothies.

“Uhh give me two ice cream cones one vanilla with colorful sprinkles and you Sherlyn?” I immediately felt my face heat up when Scott raised his eyebrow after Michael made it very clear he was buying one.

“Oh no Michael its ok-” I began but he cut me off.

“C’mon let me buy you just one cone.” he said smiling that winning smile that would make any girl and some guys melt.

“Same. Thank you.” I said to him and he just smiled and paid Scott. Although I had a feeling he just needed a reason to stay longer to talk to me.

“Got it Evans. Coming right up.” Scott said before walking away to start on the ice creams.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” I shrugged one shoulder placing the smoothies down on the counter seeing as their was no one behind us.

“Why Jeremy? Out of Everyone you could have possibly dated …hell even Justin why Jeremy?” he asked me.

Because that mother flower is blacking mailing me and if I don’t comply you will find out exactly just how I feel about you.

“I don’t know Michael it just happens. …. Jeremy has a certain charm to him.” the word charm felt like vile in my mouth when referring to Jeremy.

“Is there something wrong Michael?” I asked him when his face harden.

“Yeah…. Sherlyn remember when you thought we thought you aren’t good enough for him?” he asked my heart began to pump faster.

“Yeah.”

“I don’t think that….I think quite the opposite actually. I think your too good for him Sherlyn.” I could have just fallen straight on my butt from the impression but I had to keep my cool.

“But why?” I asked.

“Sherlyn he’s my best friend I know him better than anyone I know what he’s all about. Jeremy is a good guy but he makes allot of stupid mistakes. I’d hate to see a girl so good and beautiful as yourself get hurt because of his impulsive jerkish actions.” Michael said placing yet another lock of hair behind me ear.

Scott stared at us mouth slightly open with two ice cream cones in his hand. Michael and I slowly face forward and stared at him he snapped out of it and gave Michael his ice creams with a weird chuckle and fake smile. Had I not known that for sure my name would go around the school and I’d make the smut list for sure for “flirting” with Michael when I’m “with” Jeremy because of misinterpreted actions I probably would have laughed at Scott’s facial expression.

“Thanks.” Michael said seriously.

“Stop to talk to Evans, Sherry?” I turned to face Rixon walking up to me with a tight smile. My only thought.

Jared sent him.

“Yeah while we waited for our orders. Here’s your smoothie.” I said handing Rixon his banana smoothie.

“Thought Evans had you pinned some where behind this place or something since you were taking so long.” My whole face fell and I felt like I could kill Rixon.

I turned to face Michael. “I’m so sorry he didn’t mean that-” I stated but Rixon cut me off.
“Yeah I did I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t.”

He’s dead!

Michael let out a smooth laugh. “Its ok Sherlyn Rixon thinks we all like him and take advantage of any girl who comes in our view.” Michael said with a twinkle in his eye.

Rixon’s jaw harden.

“Yeah just ask Leila.” Scott mumbled. Leila what she had to do with this?

Both Michael and Rixon gave Scott murderous glares. Scott mumbled an excuse and hurried off to the back.

“What does Leila have to do with this? I asked. Both Michael and Rixon stared at each other hard.

“Leila is my friend I’ll never bad mouth her behind her back.” Michael said looking directly at Rixon then giving me a soft apologetic smile.

“She’s a good girl and nothing happened Sherry don’t worry about it.” Rixon said sliding his arm around my shoulders and placing a soft kiss on my temple. Rixon took his smoothie with the other hand.

“Lets start heading back Sherlyn before everybody starts to wonder what happened to us.” Rixon said. The intense stare off between Michael and Rixon made me uncomfortable I could feel the hate radiating from their chest to once another it made the air thicken with so much tension that a knife couldn’t cut it.

“I believe this is yours Sherlyn.” Michael said handing me my ice cream cone with a smile.

“Thanks for the cone, Michael.” I said in a small voice.

“Anytime pretty.” He said licking his cone and walking away smirking at Rixon who kept his mouth shut tight the whole time. A little vein in his jaw twitched and I knew he was mad.

“What happened with Leila?”

Rixon stared at me as though he just realized I was there.

“Nothing Michael is right she’s a good girl.” I scoffed.

“What?” he asked.

“Uhh nothing?” I smiled hard after I realized how he was staring at me. I walked around him licking my cone Rixon followed.

“Look who I found.” Rixon announced when we approached all the mass of sun bathing bodies.

Jared sat up on his elbow “Where were you?” he asked.

“Getting smoothies silly.” I said handing Samantha her Strawberry smoothie.

“For that long?” Jared asked.

“I was talking to Michael.”

“Yeah he was chatting her up alright.” Rixon said sitting down on his beach chair behind Jared.

“What?” Rixon leaned over and started whispering to Jared. I shrugged and sat next to Jean while licking my cone.

Jean ripped the cone out of my hand and began to lick it.

“Jean!”: I whined.

“What?” he smiled innocently.

“You licked my cone.” I said trying to take my cone back but he kept slapping my hands away. Jean ran his tongue from the bottom of the cone to the very top.

“Like that you mean?” he winked.

“I’m so very turned on.” I said deadpan.

He laughed and handed me my cone back.

“You would be if it were something else I was licking.” he said whispering in my ear, winked, and ran off to play football with the guys.

A gasp escaped my lips as I stared at Jean’s back his comment made a heat spreading like a wildfire made its way from my chest, up my neck, to my face and settle there.

Did he really just say that? I try to be offended but some part of my mind kept wandering off to Jean and I- No No! don’t think that bad girl!

“Hi Sherlyn.” Said a deep voice that I recognized.

An ice cold fear expanded through my ribs Santana. The He-Devil.

“Hi Jeremy.” I said looking up.

“Mind if I talk to you for a bit?”

“Uhh sure no problem.” I said handing my cone to Samantha to hold.

“What do you need to talk to my sister about Santana?” My brother asked. Surprisingly he didn’t growl at him like he had at Michael.

“Its about the newspaper Jare. They have a big game coming up soon and its up to me to cover it with Samantha.” I lied. Jared nodded his head and leaned back on his towel. I nudged my head to the right and Jeremy and I walked off to the rocky side of the beach. He and I hid behind huge boulders.

“What the hell do your think your doing flirting with Jean Simmons and then Michael? I know we are suppose to split them up but you can be less whorish about it.” Jeremy hissed at me.

“One jerk I was not flirting with Jean he only did me a favor as his best friends little sister to apply sunscreen on my back. Two no I did not flirt with Michael I asked him to come along with me because I wanted to ask him not to say anything about us to my brother. Three asshole I am not a whore don’t confuse me with the girls you mess with on a daily basis like that blonde chick. Really? Do you have to make me look like an idiot in front of all your friends?”

“She was hot.” Jeremy defended.

“Yeah I bet until you take off her bikini and discover blue waffle.” I said harsly.

“Yuck.” he said and I smirked.

“Alright fair deal. I don’t flirt with girls and you don’t flirt with guys.” he stressed.

“Deal.” I said shaking his hand.

“Jean Simmons?” he said in disgust.

“What about him? He’s hot.” I said.

“He’s a dick.” Jeremy said with that same venom in his voice Michael had.

“Jeremy what did they do to you guys? Michael made the same comment with the same venom in his voice. What’s going on? What’s the other part of the story I don’t know.” I asked.

“Stop acting Sherlyn.”

“I’m not.” I said looking him directly in his green eyes. Jeremy shook his head Michael was right they couldn’t do anything to Sherlyn its not her fault she really didn’t know the monster of a brother she had. If he did anything to Sherlyn he would be just like them taking out his anger of someone else on a innocent person.

“What did they do?” she pressed. He couldn’t tell her. He always boasted how he would be the one to shatter Sherlyn’s little bubble world but now was his chance and he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“I cant tell you.” he said to her.

“Why not?” he had to look away with much amazement he found himself very attracted to her pout.

“One day ill tell you why we hate them so much but not now ok?” he said.

“Fine.” I grumbled.

“Lets head back.” Jeremy said rubbing her arm he couldn’t help himself and did it would out thinking anything of it.

My reaction to Jeremy rubbing his hand on against my arm surprised me. My arm tingled after and every nerve came alive.

What the hell was that? I shrugged it off and made my way to the guys.

Later on that day.

I finished washing out the sand and saltwater out of my hair and blow dried it. I sat Indian style on my bed brushing my now dry hair while on face time with Samantha.

“You know what’s weird.” I said.

“What?” she asked putting her black locks in a bun.

“Rixon and Leila have a past but I just don’t know what it is.”

“Leila Greene? As in Andrew Romero's girlfriend? How do you know?” she asked.

“Scott. Michael, and Rixon sort of implied it.” I said.

“So ask Valentine.” She said.

“I should….ill be right back.” I said pushing my laptop down slightly.

I opened my window and flung a pebble at the window across from mine. A shade went up and Scott appeared.

“What?” he yelled. I waved my phone at him I saw him leave and search for his.

I sent him a bbm

Do you know what happened between Rixon and Leila?

*Are you kidding me you don’t know?”

“No I don’t. Which would be why I’m asking you! Smartass.”

*Look up.”

“Look up?” I mumbled and looked up. Scott was flipping me off. I flipped him off back and he threw a kiss and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and he laughed as he continue to send me messages.

*Remember the summer after freshmen year?

“Yeah?”

*Andrew and Leila broke up and Leila was so pissed off she left to the senior summer goodbye bash. She and Rixon hooked up and she gave him her virginity. Word around school is Andrew to this day still cant forgive her for that.”

My eyes almost popped out of my skull.

“They had sex!” I yelled at him and he nodded his head.

“Who had sex?” said a deep voice behind me.

Scared out of my wits I whirled around to find Jared, Rixon, Stanley, Sebastian, and Jean behind him. I opened and closed my mouth a few times and smiled.

“Uhh Serena and Nate from Gossip girl.” I said recalling the first and only season of that show I saw. I quickly hid my phone.

“What’s up with your phone?” he asked folding his arms across his chest.

“Nothing I just put it in my back pocket.” I said simply looking down I was a horrible liar especially when it came to Jared and the guys.

“Let me see it.” his voice changed it wasn’t a request it was a command.

“Um lets try NO! since when do you check my phone?” I asked.

“Since you decided to become buddy buddy with those losers. Give me the phone.”

“Jared no what’s up with you?” I asked.

“Give it.” before I had time to process it Jared lunged at me and wrestle my phone out of my grip. I pounced on him and had no idea how I would fight my bench pressing army brother and win? But I hit him in the ying-yangs and he went down with a grunt I ripped my blackberry out his hands and jumped across my bed around Jean to my door.

“GET OUT!” I screamed breathing heavily Jared’s never attacked me. He got up and cleaned himself off and limped at me with a glare I hadn’t ever seen him use on me before. The boys stood still and pretended like none of that ever happened. How many times had they looked the other way for Jared’s flip outs? Maybe that’s why the guys hated him? Maybe there is another side of my brother I did not know about.

“Now Jared or I’ll call mom.” I threaten.

Jared limped out of my room with one last glare and the boys followed silently behind. I slammed the door hard right after the last one and locked the door.

Wtf was that?

I closed my window and realized Scott had closed his and pulled down the shade I wonder how much had he seen? I opened my laptop again to find Samantha filling her nails when she realized I was back she sat up straight.

“Ohhh what happened I heard all the commotion?” she asked.

“I don’t know.” I said. What if Jared really is the monster Michael and Jeremy make him out to be?
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 more on its way.

COmment & Subscribe I <3 this story

This chapter goes out to: peytonrowe Thank you for your awesome comment! :D