With a Flick of the Wrist

three

It's safe to say that human school sucks. Like, really sucks. First off, I had to sit in a seat in the back of the class because I'm to lazy to stand and so I am a little farther from Taylor than I would like to be. Next, I had to listen to this adult babble about some bullshit -excuse my language- that doesn't exist! Here he is, in front of all these kids, telling lies- telling them that plants grown from sort of weird diet pill called Photosynthesis! Do humans really not know anything about life?

I bet they think that babies come from having sex, too, I thought, smirking to myself. All through class, Taylor kept looking back at me worriedly, as if someone could see me. I just sit back, trying not to get angry that this man is telling lies and close my eyes for a second. I swear I only have them closed for a second, but when I open them, there's a small envelope on my desk. It's pink and no bigger than the palm of my delicate hands. Questioningly, I pick up, opening the back and taking out the car inside. It's just a small white card that says in bold lettering; You've Been Summoned.

My body starts to feel weird, an unsettling feeling in my stomach and my body feels lighter and more graceful. That's when I realize that I'm really being summoned, summoned back to Feyland. I bite my lip as the teleportation takes it's course, hoping Taylor doesn't need me while I'm gone. The class room melts away, replaced by a large white room filled with fairies working in cubicles. I recognize this place from the ads on fairy television- Happily Ever After and Co.

A fairy at a desk near by pulls the headset from her mouth to talk to me. "Can I help you?"

"I've been summoned," is the only way I can describe it. She nods fast and gets out of her chair, stepping in front of me, waving her hand for me to follow. She leads me past fast talking fairies and to a door in the back of the room. She opens it to reveal an even bigger room, one that's particularly empty. One side of the room is a large curve shaped counter where a friendly looking fairy sits. On the other side are large, comfortable thrown-like chairs where nervous fairies -who I assume are my colleagues- sit patiently.

"Miss Mother, Faylene has arrived," says the fairy who lead me here before leaving the room. Miss Mother gives me a warm smile, pushing her hand toward the empty thrown. I walk over to it and sit down, turning toward her so I can take her in. As most fae are, she's tall and lanky, with deep brown hair that cascades down her pale face and into her pink eyes. Off colored eyes are bestowed upon older fairies or fairies who have accomplished something great- I don't doubt that both are how she's gotten hers. She wears a slim, tight purple dress. It's strapless and the hemline barely reaches the middle of her thighs. She looks good, just a little to revealing.

"First off, I am Miss Mother," she smiles warmly. "I am the founder and CEO of this corporation. Now, believe it or not, all you new Godparents have probably heard of me. Now, how could that be?"

"I know!" Shouts a young fairy toward the right side of the room. She can't be more than half a century old if she's acting so childish. Miss Mother nods in her direction and the fairy continues. "You were the first Godmother- Cinderella's Godmother!"

I try to hold back my gasp. I'm sitting in a room with a legend! I smile like an idiot and now devote all my attention to this woman. She is possibly one of the most famous fairies around and I'm in the same room as her! She senses our excitement, smiling to herself.

"Now, usually, Godparents start out there- answering distress calls from humans who are in desperate need of some magic in there life and then sending one of our Godparents to actually do the work. But, the fairies in this room are special."

"We are?" The words fall out my lips unintentionally, lovingly and not sarcastic for once. In my whole fae life, I've never been one to respect traditions or authority, but here I was, ready to kiss the very ground that Miss Mother walked on.

"Yes, deary, you all are. Because of something special about you, you've been chosen for active duty rather than having to start at the desk jobs." She pauses, seeing if we have any questions. We don't. "I assume you've all met your Godchild?"

All of us agree to this, nodding and smiling. During this time, I look around. There are probably ten other fairies besides myself; the majority of us are female, though there are two or three males- one of them very beautiful that I can't move my eyes off of him. He's shorter than most boy fae, but is very muscular; I can tell because he's shirtless. His abs and pecks are perfectly defined, sun kissed and perfect. He wears long plaid shorts that go past his knees and is barefoot- fairies usually go barefoot anyway. His blond hair is short and his bangs are styled upward in a fohawk. His eyes are the purest blue I've ever seen.

"Good," says Miss Mother, making me -grudgingly- turn to face her again. "Now, since your all new to this, I just want you to see how somethings work. Now, everyone- pick a partner."

I can't tell you how fast I leap out of my seat and in then in the direction of the beautiful fairy boy. As I near, I almost forge to stop which causes me to fall forward- but he catches me and stands me upright. Blushing, I move a strand of loose hair from my line of vision and behind my ear. He smiles at me, trying to control his laughter. "Well hello there."

"Hi," I say meekly. He suppresses his smile, but I don't. I can't help to stare at his beauty. All of us are beautiful, but he takes the cake. He finally lets his hands drop off my shoulders, making me feel weird and unnatural.

"Leigh," is all he says.

"Faylene."

Miss Mother then silenced the room, telling us exactly what we had to do. First she talked about magic and then she went deeper into it and talked about miracles. I was amazed when she said, "Just as us fairies can weave magic, we can weave miracles as well." In all my years, I've known about magic and the Godparenting business, but I just figured the weaving a fairy tale thing just happened by us being their and coaching them through life. Nope, it was from us creating miracles.

"Miracle making is all about taking something bad and making it good." She pauses, using her magic to make rotten apples appear on the counter. We scrunched up our noses. Fruit is a product of our magic and we love the sweet scent. Fairies have a very low tolerance for bad smell, so this is like torture. "I want you to take that dying apple and change it, into a shiny gold one. The point of having a partner is so they can change it back to it's original form- sometimes, you may have make things go bad for someone else to make it right for your Godchild. Go."

Leigh picks up the rotten apple, trying not to smash it in his massive, strong hands. He holds it in the palm of his hand, holding out to me. I back up a little but I focus on the apple. First, I imagine the apple standing up in his hand, getting riper and riper, and then slowly turning to gold. When I can see it in my head, I let the magic low from my body and into the fruit. At first nothing happens, but after a moment, the color in the apple gets redder and it slowly gets more solid, slowly getting heavier as the apple turned to pure gold. I smile, totally satisfied with myself.

Leigh smiles at me, mouthing the words good job as he tosses the apple over to me. I catch it -somehow- and hold it out to him. For him, it doesn't take nearly as long to turn my perfect apple into the old, rotten, mushy one. I scrunch up my nose, but wait as it again, solidifies and turns to gold. Smirking, I toss it back to him. My turn.

I focus my attention on the apple, seeing the color drain from it and it turn to mush in his hands. Again, I let the magic out and let it take it's course on the apple- this time a rather sour course. The apple does indeed turn back to much, but it's all liquid and it seeps through Leigh's finger tips and down onto his shorts and feet. I cover my mouth, so embarrassed. Through my hand, I try to apologize, "Leigh, I am so sorry!"

He smirks. "Don't be."

I don't even have time to apologize a second time before he flings whatever remaining apple mush he has in his hands at me, getting it all over my dress and in my hair. I bite my lip, smirking. I don't even worry about, just using my new skill to change the mush into snakes and lets them fall to the floor. The fairies around us scream, trying to shift them into something else, but their to unfocused. During all the mayhem, I look at Leigh as he approaches. He sets his hand on my shoulder.

"I need to see you again, sometime."

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry For Late Updating; I Blame Band Camp.

I Think Fay-Fay Likes Leigh; Does He Like Her Back?

Comment; Subscribe?