Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

Cover Up Your Tracks

I felt the darkness of my room consume me as I laid in my bed, staring out of my dimly lit window. It was raining again, it seemed to rain a lot lately. The rain usually comforted me, but I felt odd this time. Something was strange, but I didn't know what. I blamed it on not wanting to be alone, and honestly thought that was why I wasn't enjoying the rain as much as I usually did.
I closed my eyes as the little rain drops made a progressively loud patting sound against my window. All I could think about was Marley. Sure, I had just seen her, but that didn't make me miss her any less. I found myself constantly missing her and I decided I was done. But I didn't have a plan.
I walked down to the kitchen of my hollow house and made a sort of hot drink my mother used to make me when I was young. She made it for me when it rained too hard or when it was cold out to put me in a calm mood. It always worked and it made me miss her a bit. I sat in the kitchen, still just listening to the rain drown the world when I had an impulse to get in my car and drive to Marley.
I had a problem with acting on impulse and I knew it. I didn't seem to care much seeing as I already had my keys in hand and was out the door before I could think about whether it was a good idea or not.
I hastily drove to Marley's house, excited to see her. I parked about a block away and walked down the street in my PJs, holding my umbrella over my head. I wen to go knock on her door, but I had a strange feeling. I looked in, past the curtains, to find her room empty. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. My heart sank and I knew something bad was happening. Call me crazy, but I knew something was wrong.
I made my way to the front door and knocked, angry that I had to resort to asking Carly.
"Hey Nick." She smiled and leaned up against the door, kind of sexually. Oh boy.
"Where's Marley?" There was no way I was giving in to her little mind games.
"Marley? She didn't tell you? She ran away Nick. She's gone for good now. She and Jacky took off together. Apparently they had some hidden love and he'd been cheating on me for weeks, and obviously she's been cheating on you." He cold voice hurt. The words she was saying made me want to strangle her, but that wouldn't help anything but my mood.
I glared her down. "Liar." I stated. "You tell me the truth." I demanded.
"Love, I told you. She's with Jacky." She reached her hand out to touch my face but I moved away.
"I'm not you're love. Don't talk to me like I am. Where did she go?" I was getting angry, not knowing what to think. Did she really run away with Jacky? She did used to have feelings for him. And he did offer it to her. Would she do that to me though?
"Come inside baby. You're going to catch a cold." She tried tugging on my arm but I wasn't having it.
"You fucking whore!" I yelled, backing up. "Don't touch me. Don't call me names. And do not.. Do NOT lie to me. What is going on?"
"Babe, the only I'm telling you anything is if you make me scream it." I looked at her, shocked. Was she seriously asking for sex? No, demanding it? Was she stupid?
"W-what?" I stuttered.
"You heard me." She ran her hand up my chest and looked at me with hungry eyes.
"Fucking whore. I hope you drown in all the cum you swallow and send yourself to an early grave. I hate you more then I've hated anyone. You and Jacky both. How can either of you look at yourselves in the mirror?" I spat.
"What makes you think we worked together on this?" She asked, not moving.
"Because you aren't shocked about any of it. You're lucky you're a woman, because I would have knocked you the hell out a long time ago. Jacky, on the other hand, better put his teeth to the curb because I'm about to stomp his fucking face in." I growled. I pushed her off and ran to my car. There was no way Marley ran away with Jacky, not after we.. Yeah..
I drove around the city twice, then decided to start searching outside of the city. I had Johnny, Lloyd, and Dan on the look out too. My nerves were shot and I was afraid to try and call Jacky, but maybe he'd answer and I'd get somewhere with it.
I dialed his number and held the phone up to my ear, shaky. "It's about time you called." He answered. Woah.
"Where's Marley?" I asked, more scared then mad this time.
"Marley? Oh, she's on her knees right now. Her mouth is a little full, can't exactly talk right now. I'll let her know you called though. Nice talking to you Nicky." He sounded straight up evil and I wasn't even sure how to react.
"Don't hang up!" I choked out. I wasn't letting this happen.
"Yes?" His menacing voice scared me and I felt terribly vulnerable.
"Please.. Just tell me where you are. Tell me how I can get Marley back. Please! I'll do anything.."
"Sorry bro. No can do. You see, I'd take you up on that if I was looking for ransom money, but all I want is her. So sorry man. There's nothing you can do. And you'll never find us." He laughed.
"How could be this evil? Jacky, you were her best friend.. How could you do this?" I asked, hearing Marley crying and screaming in the background. It sounded like he'd shoved a towel in her mouth so her cried were muffled. I was glad he was lying about her being down on her knees.
"Thrill? Love? I don't know. But she sure is good in bed." I could feel my cheeks burning with anger. I knew damn well she didn't willing have sex with him. He made it incredibly obvious that he raped her.
"You.. You raped Marley?" I asked, unable to believe what was happening.
"That's right. Right there on her living room floor where the world was open to see. And guess what? I let Carly watch. She just laughed... It was pure comedy." How could someone be so heartless?
"Comedy? You find rape funny? You fucking wait until I find you. You're dead to me, and soon, to the rest of humanity. I will find you and I will not hesitate to murder your ass."
"Is that a threat?" He asked, menacingly.
"No way. That's a heads up. It will happen and you know it. You better fucking run, because when I find you, you're life will be over so fast you won't even know what happened." I suddenly heard the muffled sounds on almost clear words. It sounded like "rrsshhfffllddd"
"Good luck with that." He said, then hung up the phone.
I thought about what the muffled sound meant. What was Marley trying to tell me? I thought it over and over until I finally got it. She was saying Richfield. I knew that was about 3 hours away from Layton, so I went home and quickly packed a suitcase, readying myself for a battle. I knew where they were, it was just a matter of getting there and finding out where they were staying.
I drove to loud music, fast, and got to Richfield in 2 1/2 hours. I was dead afraid that they'd already be gone, but I had to follow them. At least I knew what direction they were going.
When I made it into Richfield, I started scanning every car I passed or saw in a parking lot of any sort, praying I'd get a glimpse of one of the two.
I called Jacky again, mostly just to see if I should keep searching or move on. "What?" He answered, obviously oblivious that it was me.
"Where are you Jacky? I know I'm close." I said, hoping he'd still be sleeping and not realize he was telling me anything.
"Oh Nick, silly Nick, you have no idea where we are." He laughed.
"Oh yeah?" I said, smiling. I pulled into a little truck stop and found exactly what I was looking for. "How about that dirty little truck stop in Richfield?" I asked. I could see his face from where I was and he looked scared.
"Where are you?" He said, looking around in a panic.
"You'll find out soon." I said, hanging up the phone. I got out of my car with a knife that I stashed in my glove box. I was nervous about what was about to happen, but what else could I do?
Sudden;y, the car roared to life and peeled out of the parking lot. Damn.
I ran back to my car and high tailed it to the road, going on a chase for my woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! I would like to say THANK YOU to every commenter!! <3 There were a few new ones so I thank you all very much. And if you haven't checked out the comments, YOU SHOULD. I laugh sooooo hard every time Get Scared comments xDDD Love her.

Anyway, like I've said before, this month is CRAZY for me. I have a concert every week, except one, this month. Ironically enough, the next one is GET SCARED!!!! I'm leaving for the 5 hour trip top MInnesota so I can go to their show on Friday :) So if you'll be there, tweet me @KaylaKillJoyMCR so we can meet up :) It'd be sweet. So I'll be back to my little computer room in southern Iowa on Saturday, so if I don't update then, I'll update on Sunday. I promise. I'm not sure yet but you MIGHT get another chapter tonight, seeing as I've been having to flake out to go see band guys. =P lol But I'm sorry for all the chaos, it's just a busy busy month. ROCKTOBER for me. Lol <3 Thank you all for reading and subscribing and commenting. That's why I'm still writing.
Ps. I quoted Motionless In White a little bit. Lol SO if you know what I quoted, comment it to me and I'll give you a shout out.