Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

I've Never Felt This Way Before

Waking up to Nick was the best feeling ever. I wasn't sure if it was because it was him or because it was someone, either way I was in an amazing mood. After our little conversation, I got up to go to the bathroom and fix myself up, I always thought I looked like hell when I woke up.
I made my way to the kitchen where Carly was making pancakes. "Good morning Miss Carly." I said in a singsong voice.
"Well you're in a good mood!" She seemed happy about this, as if it was hard to catch me in a good mood.
"I am." I smiled.
"Would that be because you and Nick fell asleep together last night?" She teased. I blushed, especially after realizing that I said his smile was cute. How I kept my blush and shyness away at that moment, I'll never know. But I really wished I could do it again.
"Maybe just a little.." I admitted. Lying to her wasn't going to help anything.
"That's cute!" She squeeled, quietly enough so Nick wouldn't hear.
"Whatever Carly." I kept the smile on my face but looked away from her.
"Did anything else happen?" I knew she'd pry.
"Maybe. But you can't tell anyone or let him know that I told you okay?" I was a little paranoid that he would find out I told her, but she was my best friend, so I trusted her to keep her mouth shut.
"Promise." She turned to me, completely ignoring the pancakes.
"He kissed me." I said, in somewhat of a daze. I replayed the whole thing in my head for the millionth time, but the butterflies never failed to invade my stomach every time I thought about it.
"No way!!" She whisper-yelled.
"Shhh!" I shushed her, I was not going to let her ruin it for me.
"That's so cute! Do you think you two are going to hook up?" I wasn't sure if she meant sex or relationship, because "hook up" could mean either and I had different answers for each.
"Hook up?" I asked.
"Yeah! You know.." She suggested.
"Are you talking about sex?" I asked, in the most hushed voice I could muster.
"Of course I am!" She exclaimed.
"Shhh! No! That's terrible! You forget, and make me repeat myself constantly. He's still married!" I tried to get it through her thick skull, but she was too excited for this.
"So? He's getting a divorce! And you're the one that's picking up the little pieces of his broken heart! Who else would he give his heart to? Surely the person who fixed it to begin with!" She had a weird way of thinking, and I hated it because she made sense.
"Oh stop it! Plus, I hate it when you get my hopes up. When my hopes go up, my chances go down! Not shut up about it!" I laughed. I was lucky enough to hear Jacky enter the kitchen so we didn't have to talk about me and Nick anymore.
"Hello ladies." He said, in his usual porn star way. The dude was terrible, but I loved him anyway. He was still one of my best friends in the world.
"Hi Jacky." I said, unamused.
Jacky slung his arms around each of us and kissed Carly. "How are my two best chicks?"
Carly giggled and whispered in his ear, probably something dirty. "Ha.. And you Miss Marley?"
"I'm great. Thanks." I said sarcastically.
Nick walked in the kitchen and my heart seemed to beat right out of my chest. I wasn't understanding why I was feeling like this. I had boyfriends before, but I never felt this way around any of them, and I wasn't even dating Nick. Imagine if I were.. Stop that.
"Hey Nicky, baby!" Jacky said in a joking way, giving Nick a hug. He seemed a little freaked out.
"Hi Jacky." He laughed a little, understanding Jacky's comic nature.
We all sat down at the table and ate the food Carly made, then Jacky and Nick wondered into the living room to watch Saturday morning cartoons while Carly and I got ready for work, we had to be there by noon, so if we didn't hurry, we'd be late.
I took about 10 minutes to get ready, deciding to not take a shower until I got home, and Carly was still putting her make up on.
I sat down next to Nick and touched his arm to get his attention. He looked over at me and waited for me to talk. "Are you going to stay here with Jacky while we go to work?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes.
"I can't. I have to be home by 5. Samantha doesn't have a key to the house and she wants to take some stuff with her, so I have to be there to make sure I know what she takes." He said this in a monotone, so I couldn't tell how he felt about it.
"Okay. Will you be back later then? Or no..?" I asked, not wanting to make him feel like he couldn't be here. I wanted him to come back, and hoped he'd take that as an invitation.
"Uhm.. I'm not sure yet. I'll text you, okay?" He said, standing up.
"Yeah. That's fine." I smiled. I walked him to the door, but when I opened it he turned around and grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. I was sure I knew what was coming, and I wanted it more then anything.
He brought his face up dangerously close to mine, to the point where we were almost touching. I could feel someone staring at us from behind me, and it was probably Carly, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to close that gap our lips made.
I didn't want to be the one to kiss, because I didn't want him to feel like he wasn't ready for it or anything like that. I wanted him to do it, because then I'd know that he was ready and okay with it.
He took his time there, both of us breathing heavy. He set his hand on my face a rubbed my cheek with his thumb, I think he was trying to make sure it was what I wanted too, and it was. I closed my eyes and put my hand on his chest, leaning my face onto his hand. I think he took that as an okay, because seconds after I did that, he leaned in and filled that tiny gap I resented so much.
This time, it was more planned and loving, rather then the first time where neither of us knew what was happening or what to do. I loved this, and I wanted to keep doing it, but we had an audience and I had to leave for work. I prolonged that kiss as long as I possibly could, but there came a time where I had to stop it, or it would've turned into something more then an innocent kiss.
We broke off and I smiled down at the ground for a second, then looked back up at Nick. He was looking at me, somewhat admiringly with a small smile on his face. We parted and whispered our goodbyes, then he got in his car and left. Now to deal with Carly.
I closed the door, after Nick was out of sight and turned to Carly. She screamed. Loud.
"Oh my gosh!!! That was the cutest thing ever!! I'm so excited for you right now!!" She ran over and hugged me.
"Carly.." I said, giggling a little.
"Well is he good? He looks good." She teased.
"Carly!! Stop!!" I laughed and begged.
"No! Tell me!"
"Of course he is.." I tried to hold back a blush but it didn't work. I put my face in my hands and just laughed. I was incredibly happy and awestruck, but at the same time, I was sad, because I knew that this was only making everything harder for Nick. This was something we'd have to talk about. Soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright!! This one's a little short but that's because I need to switch back to Nick's POV. SO that will be posted tomorrow <3 Thank you for reading and your support!! I really do appreciate it!