‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

The Reason Why I Smile

Walking back inside, Ash saw Bam sitting on the couch, talking to Zack and Brian.

“She’s not after the money and fame, I can assure that. Usually she tries to stay away from it as much as possible. She even has a famous half-brother who probably doesn’t even know she exists and she’s too fucking stubborn to contact him,” Bam blabbered, obviously already under a strong influence. He’d had a few drinks too much and he wasn’t planning on stopping any time soon.

“Really? Who?” Brian questioned, wondering if it was someone he’d met.

“Jacoby Shaddix. You know the singer of Papa Roach,” Bam said, downing yet another shot.

She had planned on walking by, to the kitchen, but Bam’s words made her stop.

“What about Jacoby?” Ash asked warily, stopping behind Bam.

“He’s your half-brother?” Zack asked, raising his brow a bit.

“Brandon! You promised not to tell anyone,” she smacked him lightly, frowning at him.

“Did I? When?” he fooled around, grabbing her by her sides and pulling her over the back of the couch to his lap. He didn’t take anything seriously anymore. One of his new girlfriends swaggered over and dragged him away, glaring unhappily at Ash.

“Why do I even trust him?” Ash sighed, rubbing her face for a moment.

“Why haven’t you contacted him?” Brian asked, his eyes had that weird calculating look in them again.

“Because I don’t think he even knows about me. And he already has a family, he doesn’t need some long lost relative to come and intrude his life,” she muttered, not looking at him. It was a bit too painful. She didn’t dare to hope that she would see any of these guys after this party.

“Ash! Come on, you need to see this,” Leana ran over and grabbed her hand, dragging her away before anyone could say anything about her rant.

“See what?” Ash laughed, following her outside.

“This!” Leana turned her to the right, facing a beautiful black and red super-bike, Aprilia RSV4. It had a huge blood red bow wrapped around it.

“Happy birthday love,” Bam came to hug her.

“What? Don’t tell me it’s mine,” she whispered, her eyes huge.

“Of course it’s yours. I know you loved your Honda and I thought it was time for you to get a new one,” he explained, holding his arms around her.

“Oh my god! I love it,” she jumped, kissing his lips quickly. “I wanna go for a ride,” her eyes grew in excitement.

“I thought you’d say that,” Bam laughed. “Keys and helmets are in the hummer. But take someone with you, okay?”

“You?” Ash was barely able to stand still.

“Would love to but I’m not sure I’d be able to concentrate enough on holding on,” he laughed, swaying a bit. He really was drunk. Ash wondered how he was thinking that clearly when he was barely able to stand.

“Okay, we’ll go tomorrow then,” she smiled at him, hugging him once again, ignoring those glaring stares that his so called girlfriends sent her.

“We’ll do. Now go,” he pushed her away, at the direction of his hummer. Ash ran over and quickly found the keys, also with a bow and two helmets, with black and red colors. She took them out, seeing that one had Kitty written on the back side with red cursive letters.

She skipped back to her new bike, smiling like a Cheshire cat. “Who wants to go for a ride?”

Jimmy, Matt, Steve-O and Jesse were all shouting out, their hands up.

“Leana?” she didn’t see Dani anywhere so she looked at the smiling girl next to Jimmy.

“I’d love to,” she happily came to her side, accepting the helmet she held out.

“Sorry guys, I wanna show her around a bit,” Ash laughed at the disappointed faces guys had.

“Oh you’re so gonna take me for a ride later,” Jimmy huffed, crossing his arms to his chest.

“How long are you guys staying?” she asked.

“Monday morning,” Matt said, slipping his hands into his front pockets.

“Okay, then I’ll take you all for a ride tomorrow. Is that okay?” Ash offered, not wanting be away from the party all evening.

“Yay!” Jimmy ran over and pulled her into a hug, spinning her around.

“Jimmy you madman, put me down,” Ash squealed, holding on to his shoulders.

“Jzeesh, I don’t get how you can tolerate him. His mad!” she playfully complained to Leana when she was standing on her own feet again.

“Yeah, he is,” Leana laughed before Jimmy kissed her on the lips.

“But you love me anyway,” he beamed before walked back to the guys, standing few steps away. “Everybody loves me.”

Laughing, Ash pulled her helmet on. It was just the right size, fitting perfectly.

“How did you know my size?” she asked Bam, turning to him.

“I still have your old helmet. I got the size from there,” he smiled, remembering when they had those little trips with his ATV.

“Aww, thank you sweetie,” she gave him another quick hug and then climbed on her new vehicle, ripping the bow away. She revved the engine to a low growl and could feel her muscles flex in anticipation.

“Come on, honey, climb on,” she nodded for Leana to get on. When she did, Ash switched the first gear in and carefully drove out of the driveway. She was unfamiliar with this bike and she didn’t wanna end up in the ditch, so she took it easy, not pushing her limits.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know, sorry guys :/
And sorry for dragging another famous person in. I myself hate those stories where there's a shitload of famous persons in and now I just couldn't resist sneaking one more into my own story. Please don't kill me for that. I promise he won't be appearing much, if at all, I haven't decided yet.

Jimmy.Sullivan, don't be sad, I know for sure that a smile would look perfect on you. So, smile girl. I swear I wont post the next chapter before you smile :D

Psychokitty13, that's scary, now I will have to find a place to hide :D

Lolette, moka4246 and mistery gurl, thanks for the comments. Hugs and cookies are on the way ;)

Title Credit: Avril Lavigne - Smile