‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

Just Open Up Your Heart, Just Open Up Your Mind

An hour later, she was walking past the swimming pool when one of Bam’s girlfriends, Gwen, came towards her, stopping right in front of her.

“That’s for kissing Bam,” she seethed before pushing Ash into the pool. Already having experienced this before, Ash managed to get her lungs full of air before she went underwater. She had noticed Bam yelling out something from the doorway but he was too far away to help.

‘Not again’ Ash thought, realising that she really needed to learn how to swim. Someones tattooed arms were around her before her feet could touch the bottom and she was back up within a moment.

“Please don’t let go,” she pleaded, thankful to be saved once again.

“Do you have an angel tattoo on your stomach?” Brian asked, surprising Ash with it.

“Yeah. How did you know?”

“I don’t know. Can you tell me what’s going on here? How can I know these things? And how did I know you can’t swim?” Brian asked, confused.

“I... I don’t know,” she muttered, having no clue how he could know this. He shouldn’t have any memories of her.

She raised her head, looking at Bam and Gwen, yelling at each other. Bam was furious, his hands balled into tight fists on his sides. It seemed to Ash that he was beyond furious.

“Get me out, quick,” she begged Brian. She had to get Bam away from her before he went too far.

Brian swam them over to the edge and Jimmy pulled her out. She quickly ran to Bam, grabbing his hands in hers.

“Brandon, stop, I’m okay,” Ash pushed herself between them. Bam was so angry that she was afraid he’ll hit that poor girl. She couldn’t let that happen.

“You bitch! Get away from him,” Gwen grabbed Ash’s shoulder and tried to pry her away from Bam. Not giving Bam even a chance to react, Ash quickly turned around and pushed the girl to the pool. Now they were even.

“Come on,” she took Bam’s hand again and dragged him inside, up to his bedroom.

“I am so over with that bitch,” Bam growled, walking around in his bedroom.

“Hey, B, come on, cool down. I’m okay,” she stopped him, entwining her hands around his waist. He hugged her closer, leaning his cheek against her wet hair. He didn’t care that she was dripping water all over his bedroom carpet.

“It’s still over with her,” he muttered, slowly calming down.

“I have a problem,” Ash whispered to his chest. She felt a bit scared cause she didn’t know what was going on. There was an explanation to why Leana and Jimmy remembered her, they had actually seen her at the hospital when she went back in time. But Brian and all the others shouldn’t remember anything. “Brian remembers things he shouldn’t.”

⭌⭌⭌⭌⭌

“I would still like to know how the fuck do you guys know her,” Zack kept switching his gaze between Jimmy, Leana and Ash. Sure he had heard Jimmy and Leana talk about their sweet little Angel who had saved Jimmy’s life. But Ash here seemed perfectly human to him.

“She’s my Angel,” Jimmy proudly laid his hand over Ash’s shoulders, pulling her against his side.

“Jims, I’m not an angel,” she smiled faintly, turning her eyes down again.

“Then what are you? Cause humans can’t just disappear into thin air,” Leana asked, curiously looking at her from the other side of Jimmy.

“I can’t tell you. You wouldn’t believe me anyway,” she said quietly, not wanting to raise unneeded attention.

“Come on, you can tell us. We’ll keep your secret,” Matt coaxed, winking his left eye and showing her his killer dimples. It was almost enough to make Ash give in. She had thought she’ll never see that cutest smile in the world pointed at her.

“You don’t want to know me after I tell you. I almost lost Dani by telling her everything. And I’m just a stranger to you guys so there’s nothing that would stop you from walking away,” Ash muttered, thinking about that last week Dani had stayed away and ignored her calls. Thankfully she’d came back, apologizing for freaking out.

“I have to disagree to that. Jimmy is constantly talking about you so it feels like we do know you,” Val said with a friendly smile.

“You’re never gonna get rid of me. I don’t care if you are a vampire or a mutant ninja turtle, you’re my friend for life,” Jimmy hugged her closer, his grin all over his face.

Ash looked from Val to Matt and to Zack. All of them looked friendly and interested. Sighing she turned her head down again. ‘Guess there’s not much for me to lose, they already know I’m not normal’, she thought. She stood up.

“I can’t talk here,” she looked around, seeing Jessy’s way too curious eyes watching her every move. ‘Sorry Jessy but you’re not getting anything juicy out of me’, she though smirking while walking past her.

Jimmy jumped up and ran after her, dragging Leana with him.

“Hey! Wait up,” Zack got up too, Matt and Val following.

Ash guided them upstairs and to the bedroom she was staying, closing the door behind them. When everyone had found a place to sit, she told them everything. Like she had told Dani. Except she left out that little fact that she’d fallen in love with Brian. That bit of information could wait for a while.

“So, now you know. You can believe me or not, it’s your choice. And I understand it’s a bit much to take in at once. So I will give you some space. And in case you think I’m a wacko and don’t want anything to do with me, it was really nice to see you guys again and thank you for coming to my birthday,” Ash smiled and backed out of the room.

Closing the door behind her she turned and ran downstairs. She had done it. She had laid everything out about herself and it was up to them to decide now would they want her in their lives or not. She didn’t even dare to hope, afraid that she’d be disappointed later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jimmy.Sullivan, yes I can see your smile. So this chapter is for you girl ;)

moka4246, well I was listening to Papa Roach when I wrote that last chapter and this idea kind of got stuck to my head. And as always, terribly glad to hear that you love my story :D

Charmed20, I hope you got an e-mail this time. If you didn't then make sure that my story is active in your subscriptions list :)

mistery gurl, hmm, that's an option I'm considering. Thanks for the idea ;)

Sue Saloio, haha, glad to hear :D

I have something to tell you guys that I know you will not like. Anyway, thing is that I'm switching my job, which is a good thing in general. But that not so good part is I'm gonna have now forty hours of work in a week instead of fifteen I've been having since now and that means a lot less time for writing. I am gonna keep on writing this story but I'm probably not able to post new chapters as often as for now :( I hope you guys are not disappointed too much :(

Title Credit: Our Lady Peace - Life