‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

It Seems, I'm Losing Something Deep Inside Of Me

“He left, didn’t he?” Ash sat down at the end of the bed where Bam was already waiting for her.

“Yeah. He looked kind of off,” he said, throwing his arm around her shoulders. She thankfully leaned in to him.

“It’s starting to feel that this is my destiny, to be alone,” Ash whispered, her head against his shoulder.

“No it’s not. Don’t think like that,” Bam tried to console her, pulling her even closer. He seemed to be sobered up a bit since he had stopped drinking.

“But it is. I have two options. One, I’m keeping my secret and constantly feel like I’m cheating the one I’m with. Or two, I tell him everything and he runs. No one will want to be with me,” a lone tear ran down her cheek and she hastily wiped it away.

“But you are wrong on that. I’m still here and I’m not running anywhere,” Bam kissed her temple, smiling into her hair.

“But you did almost run, remember? You were terrified of me for weeks when I told you everything,” Ash smiled, remembering that time years back.

“I was not,” he tried to deny once again.

“Yes you were, I could feel it, silly,” she playfully punched him with her shoulder.

“Okay, I was. But I got over it. And so will Brian, just give him some time. It’s only natural to be scared of things you didn’t believed even existed,” Bam advised, he didn’t want her to be sad, especially on her birthday.

“And if he doesn’t?” she whispered again, her voice unsure.

“Then he’s just plain stupid,” he laughed. He stood up and pulled her with him.

“Come on, there’s a party down stairs and people are missing you,” he said, lifting her up and on his shoulder.

“Baaammmmm!” Ash protested, hanging upside down on his back.

“Where?” Bam turned around frantically, pretending to search for himself.

“I’m gonna bite you if you won’t put me down,” Ash warned, her hands firm on his sides.

“Just try babe and I’ll make you regret it,” he laughed, casually walking down the stairs, like carrying Ash this way was an every day routine.

Ash couldn’t resist the temptation. She shifted just an inch, reached closer to Bam’s side and bit. Hard.

“Ouch!” he yelped and dropped her over his shoulder. Ash landed on the floor with a loud thump. Seeing Bam’s slit eyes focused on her, she quickly jumped up and ran. He followed after her. Turning the corner, Ash bumped into a wall that shouldn’t have been there.

“Ooh,” she was falling back until strong hands reached out to grab her. “Matt! Please save me,” she quickly begged, running behind his back and grabbing a hold of his shirt.

“From what?” he asked, trying to turn around, but Ash held him on place and used him as a shield. On the next moment, Bam turned the corner, almost crashing into Matt.

“Sorry man. Did you just see Ash running by?” he asked, looking ahead, searching her from the room in front of them.

“Nope. What did she do?” Matt had a bemused smile on his lips.

“She fucking bit me,” Bam reached out his hand to scratch the bite marks on his side.

“Well that’s not nice,” Matt laughed. He was so much bigger than Ash and Bam still hadn’t noticed her behind his back yet.

“I’m gonna make her pay when I find her,” Bam promised, trying to find her in a room full of people.

“Hey, throwing people over your shoulder is not nice. Besides, I did warn you,” Ash protested before she was able to stop herself. Bam squinted his eyes again and stepped around Matt.

“You said you didn’t see her,” he said to Matt with a glare.

“You asked did I see her running by. She didn’t run by, she ran into me,” Matt laughed, amused by these two.

“And you, I told you you’ll pay if you do that,” Bam turned to look at Ash, an evil look on his face.

“Aagh,” she screamed and darted to run again, stopping behind Zack this time. She held him firmly between herself and Bam.

“Come on Ash, you’re not getting away with this,” Bam smirked, steadily moving closer.

“Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do?” she daunted, keeping a bit uncomfortable feeling Zack firmly in front of her.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe make you eat some blue cheese,” Bam smirked, knowing that Ash hated blue cheese.

“You wouldn’t,” Ash looked at him with big eyes. Seeing that he was serious, she pushed poor Zack at Bam and ran once again. She sprinted right out the back door and to the first tree she saw. Taking advantage of the seconds she won distracting Bam with Zack, she quickly climbed up, to the highest and thinnest branch that would still support her weight. Knowing that she was almost two times lighter than Bam, he wouldn’t be able to climb that high.

“Oh, come on, pussycat. Get down from there before you fall,” Bam yelled under the tree. He wasn’t even gonna try to climb it. Ash felt pretty secure up there but she held on tighter for just in case. The wind was much stronger up here than it was down and the tree’s top swung quite dangerously.

“Hell no. I’d rather fall than eat that shit,” she yelled back, refusing to give up.

“You do realise that if you do fall, you’ll end up dead?” Jimmy came to stand next to Bam, worry in his eyes.

“Sorry, Jims, but eating blue cheese is as good as dead to me,” Ash looked around, seeing that she had an amazing view from up there.

“Okay, I won’t make you eat blue cheese. Now will you please get down,” Bam begged when a small branch snapped under her arm.

“So you could find some other cruel payback?” she huffed, hugging the trunk of the tree. She didn’t wanna fall but she was too proud to give in.

“Alright, I won’t do anything to you,” Bam threw his hands in the air, shaking his head at her stubbornness.

“You promise?” Ash asked, really wanting to get down now. It didn’t seem such a good idea anymore, waving in that wind, so high above the ground.

“Yes, I promise. Now get your little crazy butt down here before I have an heart attack,” he was starting to lose his calm.

Being very careful, Ash slowly climbed down. There were people gathered behind Bam, every one's eyes on her every move.

“I wanna meet your dog,” Jimmy announced suddenly, causing Ash to laugh. He was still as random as ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
And special thanks goes to Jimmy.Sullivan and mistery gurl. Love ya girls :)

Title Credit: Avril Lavigne - Everybody Hurts