One of the Boys

Thinking Of You, Part 2

Joe and I walked out of the theatre.

“That was an awesome movie!” Joe exclaimed. We passed a trash car and Joe tossed the empty popcorn container in.

“Yeah. I loved when Wolverine destroyed the helicopter. That movie was awesome!” I said. We got to the car and Joe opened the door for me, then he went around to his side and got in.

“It’s 6:20. Wanna get some dinner?” he asked me.

“Can I pay for my meal?” I asked. I was hoping he would say yes for once.

“Absolutely not,” he said with a smile. I frowned.

“Well, then n-” My stomach growled, interrupting me.

“Alright, fine,” I caved. I was too hungry to wait until I got home. Joe smiled and started the car. We drove to Cici’s Pizza. It was an all you can eat pizza place, and it was only $5 a person. I got three pieces of pepperoni pizza and sat down at a table. Joe sat down across from me with his plate filled with pizza.

“I fell in love with the pizza girl, now I eat pizza everyday,”

Joe sang. I looked at him like he was an alien. Why was he singing about the pizza girl? He noticed the strange look I was giving him.

“It’s a song from our show JONAS,” He explained. I nodded in understanding.

“Do you do that a lot?” I asked him, referring to his random singing.

“Do what? Frequently burst out in song?” he asked. I nodded again.

“Yes,” he answered.

“Well, next time sing quieter. Do you want someone to recognized you, scream your name, and then get mobbed by teenage girls?” I asked. Joe shrugged.

“Wouldn’t be the first time,” he said. He picked up a pizza and took a bite out of it. When we were done with our pizza we got in Joe’s car and he drove me home. We were standing on my porch.

“I’ll see you later,” Joe said. “Goodnight.” He leaned forward and kissed me.

“Night Joe,” I said. I went inside and went to bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Do you ever think, when you’re all alone, all that we can, where this thing can go, am I crazy or falling in love? Is it real or just another crush? Do you catch your breath when I look at you? Are you holding back like the way you do? Cause I try and try to walk away, but I know this crush ain’t going away.”

I turned off my stereo and got dressed for another day at work. I didn’t want to go to work today, cause I had to work at customers service with Aaron today. I drove to work and walked to the counter.

“So, who are you dating today? Joe or Nick?” he asked with a smirk. My anger was boiling in me. I knew I could easily beat him up, but I didn’t believe in fighting unless it’s to defend yourself, so I ignored him and tried to concentrate on my work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was telling a customer that he couldn’t get a refund for the item he bought if he didn’t have a receipt, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. Caller Unknown.

“I need to take this call,” I told the customer. He shrugged. I turned around.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey Alex, it’s Nick,” Nick said.

“Hey Nick, whatever you have to say, make it quick, I’m working,” I said.

“Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out at my house today,” he said.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you at the gates in two hours,” I said and hung up. I turned around to face the customer.

“I’m sorry about that,” I apologized.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I drove up to the gates to see Nick already standing there. He punched in the code and the gates opened. I drove up to Nick and he got in, and we drove to his house. When we got to his house Frankie was waiting at the door. He attacked me with a hug.

“Alex! I missed you!” He said. I hugged him.

“Missed you too, Frankie,” I said. He released me.

“Wanna play football?” he asked me. I nodded. Frankie ran up stairs and came back down a few seconds later with a football. We all walked outside.

“So, where is Joe and Kevin?” I asked Nick.

“Shopping,” he said. “Sometimes I think they should have been born girls.” We laughed.

“I wanna be on Alex’s team,” Frankie said.

“Ok. You’ll need all the help you can get,” Nick said jokingly. He knew I could beat him at football any day. Frankie walked over to me and handed me the ball. I tossed it to Nick.

“I’ll let you go first,” I said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


An hour later Nick was beating us, bad. The score was 7 to 1, and Frankie scored that goal.

“What’s wrong Alex, your not playing well,” Nick said. I shrugged.

“I guess it’s because of this guy at me work. He called me a slut,” I admitted.

“What?!” Nick yelled angrily. “What’s his name?”

“Aaron,” I said. Nick dropped the football and angrily stomped in the house. I followed him and Frankie followed me. He grabbed his car keys off the counter and walked to his car.

“Nick, where are you going?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m gonna teach that guy a lesson. No one calls you a slut!” he yelled angrily. I grabbed his wrist.

“Nick, don’t get in a fight with him,” I said.

“I’m not gonna get in a fight with him, I’m just gonna talk to him,” Nick said. I let go of his wrist and he walked to his car and got in his car. I got in the other side and Frankie climbed in the back.

“Alex, stay here,” he said.

“No, I’m gonna come with you to make sure you don’t do anything you’ll regret,” I said as I fastened my seatbelt. Nick started the car and drove to Wal-Mart. When we got there Nick got out of the car and walked in and Frankie and I followed him. He walked straight to customer service. Aaron was still working there.

“Hello, sir. May I help you?” he asked nicely.

“Yes, I’m looking for an employee here named Aaron,” Nick said.

“That’s me,” Aaron said. I saw anger on Nick’s face. He looked at Nick strangely then he saw me standing behind Nick.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me. Suddenly he looked closer at Nick. “Hey, you look familiar…”

“I’m Nick Jonas,” Nick said angrily. “And if you don’t leave Alex alone you’ll regret it.” Aaron looked at him surprised, then he narrowed his eyes.

“Are you threatening me?” he asked Nick.

“Yes,” Nick said. He started to walk away when Aaron said,

“Why are you defending the slut?” Aaron provoked Nick. Nick turned around, walked up to Aaron and punched him in the eye. Aaron hand flew to his eye as he fell backwards. Aaron would probably have a black eye tomorrow. I ran over to Nick and grabbed his arm.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t get into a fight!” I said.

“He deserved it!” he said angrily.

“Well, yeah, he that doesn’t mean you should’ve punch him,” I said. I looked around us and saw everyone staring at us.

“Nick, let’s go. Everyone is staring at us,” I whispered to Nick. Nick looked around at all the by-standers and his face turned from angry to embarrassed.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Nick agreed. Nick, Frankie, and I hurried out of the store.

“That was awesome Nick! You showed him!” Frankie exclaimed as we walked out of the store. We got in the car and Nick drove off.

“I can see tomorrow’s headline, Jonas Brother Gives Wal-Mart Employee A Black Eye,” I said.

“He had it coming to him! Who did he think he was calling you that?” Nick muttered to himself. I sighed. Well, at least I knew Aaron wouldn’t talk to me anymore out of fear of getting beaten up by Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, two more updates to go!

Comment, they help a lot. =)