One of the Boys

Thinking Of You, Part 1

“Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you…
…Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes.”

Thinking Of You by Katy Perry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I woke up the next day to the sound of my stereo. Today was my day off, but I had set my alarm clock because I had a date with Joe today at 11:30. After they had played me a few of their songs Joe drove me home and asked out…again and I accepted…again.

I got up and got dressed in a gray shirt that said Rome 88 and a pair of jeans and white sneakers. I brushed my hair and I was ready to go. I sat down on the couch and watched some TV. This has become a routine. At 11:30 I heard a knock on the door. I go up and opened the door. Joe was there. We walked to the car and got in.

“So, what did you and Nick do yesterday?” he asked as he started the car.

“We went swimming in your pool,” I said. Joe backed out of the driveway and we drove off.

“Anything else?” he asked.

“What are you getting at?” I asked. What he suggesting I cheated on him with Nick or anything?

“I just waned to know what you guys did,” he said.

“Joe, don’t you trust me? It’s not me and Nick were kissing or anything,” I said. He sighed.

“I know, it’s just, the last girlfriend I had cheated on me with Nick,” he said with sadness in his voice. “Nick didn’t know I was dating her cause I hadn’t introduced her to my family yet, and Nick met her and she started dating him behind my back. One day I was walking through the park when I saw her kissing Nick. I walked up to her and started yelling at her and Nick found out she was dating me and he yelled at her too. We both dumped her. I know I should trust you and I know you wouldn’t do that to me but, I guess I’m not completely over it yet.”

“She was pretty stupid to do that, you’re an amazing guy,” I said. Suddenly I felt guilty. I was dating Joe when I had feelings for Nick. I wasn’t dating Nick behind Joe’s back or anything, but I had almost kissed Nick. Did that make me as bad as the girl that cheated on Joe? I felt like someone had stabbed a knife in my stomach. This guilt was way worse than the guilt I felt when I kissed Joe. Wait, if I felt guilty did that mean I had feelings for Joe too? I mean, I know I like him, or I wouldn’t have agreed to go out with him, but did I have real feeling for him? This is so confusing! First I think I have feeling for Nick, now I think I have feeling for Joe. All I know now is I better figure out who I have real feelings for.

Ten minutes later Joe and I arrived at a skating rink. A smile spread across my face.

“How did you know I loved skating?” I asked Joe.

“I didn’t. It was a lucky guess,” he said. He got out and opened my door for me. We walked in and we both rented a pair of skates. We laced them up and walked to the rink. I stopped at the edge.

“What’s wrong?” Joe asked.

“I’m afraid I’m gonna fall,” I admitted.

“I thought you said you loved skating.”

“I do, but I never said I was good at it.” Joe grabbed my hand and held on to it tightly.

“I won’t let you fall,” he said. He led me on the rink and we skated around. I stumbled a few times but Joe held me up and didn’t let me fall. I was starting to get the hang of skating when the chicken dance came on.

“Everyone get in the middle cause we’re gonna do the chicken dance!” The DJ announced. Joe dragged me to the middle.

“Joe, I don’t wanna do the chicken dance. I’ll fall,” I whined.

“No you won’t. I won’t let you fall and it’ll be fun!” he said. We got to the middle and the chicken dance started to play. When the part came to spin around I fell and since Joe was holding my hand he fell down with me.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t let me fall,” I laughed. Joe laughed.

“You don’t seem to mind,” he said. He got up then held out his hand for me and helped me up.

We skated for another hour then Joe drove me home. We pulled up to my driveway. Joe got out and walked over to my side and opened the door. He walked me up to my porch.

“So, do you want to go see a movie tomorrow?” Joe asked me. I nodded.

“What do you wanna see?” he asked me.

“I’ve been wanting to see X-men Origins or Star Trek,” I said. Joe smiled.

“This is one of the many things I love about you,” he said.

“What do you love about me?” I asked, confused.

“The fact that you’d rather see an action movie than a chick flick,” he said. He leaned forward and gave me a small peck on the lips. “I’ll get the show times for the movies and text you with them tomorrow.

“Goodnight Alex,” he said.

“Night Joe,” I said. He walked to him car, got in, and drove off. I walked inside and changed into a t-shirt and shorts. I sat on my bed and thought about Nick and Joe. Who did I have real feeling for? I sighed. This would have to wait until tomorrow, I had to go to bed. I had to go to work tomorrow. I laid down and fell asleep.

[center---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Drew walks by me, Can he tell that I can’t breath? And there he goes so perfectly The kind of flawless I wish I could be She better hold him tight Give him all her love Look in those beautiful eyes And know she’s lucky cause-”

I reached over and turned off my stereo. I got dressed and ate a banana for breakfast. As soon as I walked in work my phone beeped signaling that I had a text. I opened my phone and read the text.

X-men is at 12:45 & 4:00. Star Trek is at 12:00 & 3:50. Which 1 do u want 2 c? It was from Joe

How bout X-men at 4:00? I texted back. His reply came a few minutes later.

Sounds good. I’ll pick u up at 3:45

I put my phone away. I walked to the customers services counter. I was working at customers service today with a boy named Aaron.

“Who were you texting?” Aaron asked me.

“My friend Joe,” I replied.

“You mean your famous friend Joe Jonas?” he asked. That was creepy. How did he know that?

“How did you know that?” I asked him.

“My sister showed me a picture of a gossip site of you and Joe Jonas Hanging out. I didn’t really care until I recognized the girl in the picture as you,” he said. “Then she showed me a picture of you and Nick Jonas hanging out. The gossip site said you were going out with Joe and Nick.”

“I’m not going out with either of them,” I said. It was half true. I was only going out with Joe. I turned back to the counter.

“That’s not what the pictures looked like,” he said.

“Well pictures can be misleading, Ok? So will you just drop it?” I said as politely as I could.

“Slut,” he muttered under his breath. It turned to face him.

“What did you call me?” I yelled at him. Nobody called me a slut.

“You heard me,” he said a little louder.

“Excuse me, I would like to return this,” a voice said. I turned my head to see a little old lady standing at the counter holding a chainsaw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was in my driveway, playing basketball. When my shift was over I bought a basketball hoop for my basketball. After that old lady had interrupted me and Aaron’s argument we hadn’t talked for the rest of my shift. I heard a car pull up in my driveway. I turned around to see Joe’s car. He got out and walked up to me.

“I don’t remember a basketball hoop in the driveway,” he said, looking at it.

“That’s because I just got it today so I could play basketball with the ball you got me,” I said. Joe looked surprised.

“I thought you had a basketball hoop in your backyard, that’s why I got you a basketball. You could’ve let me know you didn’t have a basketball hoop and I would have bought you one,” he said. I would have told him that I don’t need him to buy me things and that I have my own money, but I didn’t feel like arguing with him. The whole ‘Aaron’ thing put me in a bad mood. We walked to the car and he opened my door, then he walked around to his side and go in.

“So, we’ve gone out a few times,” Joe said randomly.

“Yep,” I agreed. He didn’t say anything else after that. I wonder what that was all about. When we got to the movie theatre we walked in and got some popcorn.

“I’d like a medium popcorn,” Joe said.

“That will be $4.25,” The cashier said. Joe handed her the money and she grabbed a medium popcorn.

“Do you want butter?” she asked us. Joe turned to look at me. I nodded.

“Yes,” he said. She squirted some melted butter on it then handed it to Joe. We started to walk off we heard a loud pitched scream behind us. Joe and I whirled around to find a teenage girl running towards us.

“You’re Joe Jonas!” she screamed excitedly when she reached Joe. Every head in the theatre turned to look at us. I was glad there was only about forty people, all of them adults, or Joe would have been mobbed my teenage girls.

“Can I have an autograph?” she asked. Joe nodded. The girl reached in her purse and pulled out an autograph book. She handed it to Joe then she pulled out a pen and handed it to Joe. He signed his name then handed it back to the girl.

“Where are Nick and Kevin?” she asked him.

“They’re at home,” he said.

“Thanks for the autograph,” she said with a huge smile. Joe smiled and nodded. We walked into the theatre and sat down.

“Why did she have a autograph book and a pen in her purse?” I asked Joe. I thought he might know since he was a celebrity.

“It’s LA. There are a lot of celebrities here, so tourists always carry autograph books around incase they see a celebrity,” Joe explained. Suddenly the light dimmed and the movie started.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry. I know it's really no excuse, but I've been bust lately. I've been juggling school, helping my parents paint the new house, breaking up with my boyfriend, and just today, getting asked out by this really cute and really sweet guy.

Anyways, I'm so, and I owe you guys 4 chapters, so here they are all at once. Hope you guys aren't too mad.