Status: Semi-Hiautus. Still working on it but just busy.

Everybody Has a Secret

Thrill

“I don’t think I’ve been this nervous to be in a doctor’s office in a while,” I said.

“Well, you are finding out if you’re pregnant or not,” Alex said.

“I know...”

He grabbed my hand. “I love you.”

I squeezed his hand tightly. “I love you too.”

There were a few knocks on the door and the doctor came in.

“Eliana Gaskarth?” she asked.

“Yes?” I asked. I held in my breath.

“From the results, you are pregnant. We’re gonna go ahead and do an ultrasound to see how far along you are.”

“Okay.”

“Go ahead and lie back and lift up your shirt. It’s gonna be a bit cold,” she said and then squirted the gel on me. She wasn’t kidding when she said it was cold.

She started moving the tool around. “Sometimes it takes a while to find the baby. Oh, you see that speck right there.” She pointed at it and I nodded. “That’s your baby right there. It looks like you’re around 6 to 7 weeks.”

“Aw, it’s so tiny,” I said. I could feel tears fill up my eyes and I looked at Alex. “It’s our baby…”

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “It sure is,” he said, smiling at me.

“Would you like a photo?” Dr. Austin asked.

“Yes please,” I said.

She handed me the photo. “Okay, so we should be ready to go. Just go ahead and dress up. If you have any questions, go ahead and call the office and they’ll get me.”

“Thank you, Dr. Austin.”

“Of course,” she said and closed the door behind her.

I got off all the goop and put my shirt down ad buttoned up my pants.

I looked down at the picture.

“Well?” Alex asked. I started crying. “Babe, what’s wrong?” He hugged me and I hugged him back.

“I don’t know…” He wiped my tears away. “I’m okay. I think I’m just…kind of excited?”

“Oh, so you do want to have a baby now?” He smirked.

“Shut up.” I smacked his arm. “But kinda.”

He chuckled. “Well then I’m excited too.” He held out his hand and I took it.

We headed back home after the doctor’s. We had to pick up Eric on the way home. He was at Vanessa’s.

“Let me see!” Vanessa yelled for the picture. She grabbed it from me. “Aw, it’s a little bean still.”

I laughed. “Yeah.”

“What do you want it to be?”

“I just found out I’m pregnant and you want me to decide if I want it to be a boy or a girl?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I don’t know.” I looked down at my stomach and put my hand there. “I think it’s gonna be a girl.”

“You two would make a beautiful daughter.”

I smiled. “Thanks.”

“But the boys are going on tour. Alex won’t be here for most of your pregnancy.”

I frowned. “Well I’m sad now.”

“Sorry…”

Alex and Jack came in with the kids.

“Babe, Vanessa made me realize you’re gonna be gone throughout most of my pregnancy.” I pouted.

“Aw, I’m sorry.” He kissed my head. “You know I’d want to be here but it’s been scheduled and I’ll be back before the baby is born. I’ll only be gone for a few months.”

“But I’ll be all emo and pregnant. I’m already emo to begin with.”

“I’ll take care of you, Mummy,” Eric said.

“Aw, thank you, sweetie.” I combed his hair.

Alex smiled. “You guys ready to go then?”

“Yeah,” I said.

We said goodbye and then headed back home. Once we got there, Eric went to go play outside in the backyard. Alex and I followed behind and just chilled at the table in our backyard porch.

“Vanessa asked me if I think the baby is gonna be a boy or a girl,” I said.

“Oh, really? What did you say?” Alex asked.

“I think it’s gonna be a girl.”

“Hm.”

“What do you think?”

“I don’t know. Maybe a boy?”

“I guess we’ll find out when we’re able to.”

He chuckled. “Guess so. Do you want to do a gender reveal?”

“I’m sure our family would want that.”

“Yeah… Oh, I guess I should call my parents and tell them you’re pregnant.”

“That reminds me that I need to do the same.”

He laughed and got his cell phone out.

I grabbed my phone from the table and clicked on my mom’s number.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hey, Mom!” I said. “How are you doing? It’s been a while since I called you last.”

“It sure has and you don’t come visit your mother either.”

I chuckled. “I’m sorry.”

“I’ve been good. How’ve you been doing?”

“Wait, is Dad there too?”

“Yes, why?”

“Can you put me on speakerphone?”

“Um, okay.” She sounded confused.

“Hey, Honey, how are you doing?” Dad said.

“Hey, Pops! I’m good. I have something to tell the both of you.”

“Oh? What is it?” my mom asked.

“Well…”

“Well, what? Spit it out!” Mom said. I may have been in silence for too long.

“Wow, this is way harder than I thought it was going to be…”

She gasped. “Don’t tell me you and Alex are getting divorced?”

“What? Mom, no. Oh, my god. I’d be crying my eyes out if that was happening.”

“That is true.”

“Well, what is it, Ellie bear?” Dad asked.

“Okay.” I took a deep breath. “I’m, uh… I’m pregnant...”

There was silence. I guess they’re still digesting the news.

“What?!” my mom finally yelled. “Oh, my god! And here I thought you were never going to have kids.”

“I didn’t think I ever wanted any…” I looked at Alex and he was talking to his parents on the phone. He was looking away into the distance and I was just examining his face. From his hair, all the way down to his lips. He was smiling. I smiled. “I guess you have to meet the right person who’ll change your mind.”

“This is true. I didn’t want any kids before I meet your father. Your father wanted children.”

“Was I an accident?”

My dad laughed. “No, we planned you. Your mom just wanted one kid so I guess it was either one or none.”

I laughed.

“But you are indeed the best thing to have happened to us,” my mom said.

“Aw, Mom…” I looked down because I started getting teary eyed.

“We’ll be here to help of course.”

“Thanks, Mom. I’ll talk to you guys later.”

“Okay, Honey, we love you,” Mom said.

“I love you guys too. Bye.”

“Bye!” they both said.

I hung up and looked over at Alex. He was still on the phone. I’m so very much in love with this guy. I’m honestly excited to start a family with him even though child birth terrifies the crap out of me. But I know I’ll have him and everyone else by my side so it makes it not so bad. I’m just not looking forward to turning into a beluga whale. Pregnancy will certainly be an experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been busy with work but I also had a really hard time finishing this chapter. I'm sorry it's bad ;_;