Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 8

A few days later, our guests were expected to be arriving soon. Everyone except Edward and Bella had left to gather up witnesses. I stayed in my room most of the time since the wolves have been coming over. I've mostly been avoiding Embry because I figured that if we stayed away from each other, it would fade but every time he showed up...I felt myself struggling to stay in my room but I've managed. I've tolerated Jacob being here and being around Renesmee but I still find it incredibly weird. But from what I have heard, the wolves have decided to help my family when the Volturi arrive. After getting dressed, I make my way downstairs to get something to eat. HE was here with Jacob AGAIN but I could care less, I'm starving. I went out last night to a club in Port Angeles and had alot to drink. As I walk passed the living room, I instantly felt eyes burning into me but kept walking. As I opened the refrigerator to make me a sandwich, I hear someone walk into the kitchen. "What do you want?" I ask moving stuff around to find what I need, taking a wild guess who it was.

"Can we talk?" Embry's deep voice asked from behind me. I sigh grabbing everything and close the door before turning toward the counter.

"I'd rather not." I keep my eyes away from his because I know as soon as I look at him, I'll feel those feelings again and I really don't want to.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asks standing on the other side of the counter across from me. I start putting my sandwich together hoping he'd get the hint...but of course, he doesn't. "Samantha." his voice growing a little louder and annoyed.

"I don't have to answer you." I reply adding lettuce to my sandwich.

"I get that you are upset that I imprinted on you and I'm sorry but...you can't avoid me forever."

"Yes, I am upset and yes, I can avoid you forever." I remained calm as I took a bite of my sandwich and walked to the fridge for something to drink.

"No, you can't Sami."

"Don't call me that." I say through clenched teeth as I turn around to glare at him. "You have no right to call me that and you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do. I can avoid you all I want, I could careless how much it's effecting me." I reply slamming my coke on the counter.

"So it's effecting you." he smirked.

"Only because it's part of it, so that's what Jacob has told me. But it's only a matter of time before my avoiding you pays off and it fades. Soon I'll be free." I smile cockily opening my drink. I will admit that looking at him right now, sends shivers down my spine but I'd never admit that out loud.

"It's never going to fade. It's not like a dye or some kind of phase. It's permanent. The longer you avoid me, the more you try to get it to break...the stronger it will become, the pull will be twenty times stronger. Also, the longer you resist it...the quicker one of us will die." As I listened to his words, I laughed.

"Yeah right. Neither one of us is going to die just because I don't wanna be with you. God, guys here are so dramatic." I laugh wiping my mouth getting rid of the crumbs.

"I'm not dramatic. It's the truth." he walked around the counter and walked over to me.I sat my sandwich down and quickly backed up as he came closer. "You can feel it right now as I stand by you. The pull, the need, the urge. The feeling that you have to be closer to me. I know you do because I feel it too. It's part of this whole thing. I know you struggle with your emotions when you try to avoid me because I can feel it." he whispered standing right in front of me. I could feel the heat radiating off of him and through my shirt. I hadn't realized I was back against the sink until I bumped into it. "As I stand here, I can hear your heart racing. Your breathing is getting heavier. You're nervous." he smirked raising his hand and rubbing my face. I had several remarks that I could say that were jumping around in my head but they wouldn't leave my mouth. I was froze against the sink, with him in front of me blocking my only way to escape. I wanted nothing more than to push him away and run but...I couldn't. The damn imprint froze me as he came closer to me and rubbed my face. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out so I sucked in a deep breath through my nose and snapped my mouth shut. Crap! He smells good. Like the woods and cologne. As his index finger gently rubbed down my cheek to my chin, my heart picked up. "Cat got your tongue?" he smirked lifting my head. I tried to keep my eyes off of him but they grew a mind of their own and looked into his. DAMN IT!!! Why was this happening to me. I got lost in his chocolate colored eyes as we looked at each other. I could feel all the love and devotion that he held for me. Before I could calculate what was happening...we were leaning toward each other. Just before out lips touched...

"SAMANTHA!?" A very familiar voice called out. I jerked away from him, regaining control over my body. I pushed him away with the strength that I had and glared at him as he smirked.

"Stay away from me." I hissed through clenched teeth.

"Sorry, can't and won't do that." he replied.

"UGH!" I groan in frustration before turning on my heels and walking toward the voice with him following me. As I enter the living room I realize that its empty then I start jumping up and down before running toward the new arrivals with a squeal. "Oh my gosh!! You're finally here!" I yell hugging Kate, Tonya, Carmen and Eleazar.

"Ahh...Samantha, you are still as beautiful as ever." Eleazar smiled hugging me.

"Oh, Eleazar...you don't have to tell me twice and you are still quite the charmer." I laughed. There was a quiet growl heard from the corner of the room.

"What is THAT doing here?" Kate asked. I turned and saw Embry standing in the corner with his arms crossed glaring in our direction.

"He is here...unfortunately for me." I sigh while rolling my eyes.

"What do you mean?" Carmen asked.

"He freaking imprinted on me."

"What is that?" Tonya asked.

"It's happen when a wolf finds their soul mate. They do anything to protect her. Keep her safe and out of harms way." Embry spoke up from the corner and walking toward us.

"Well you have nothing to worry about when it comes to Sam's safety around us." Eleazar calmly said placing a hand on my arm.

"As a matter of fact I do."

"Embry, stop! They've done nothing to you!" I yell glaring at him. God, he's an ass. He glares at the four vampires behind me before returning to the corner.

"Tanya, Kate, Eleazar, Carmen...I'm so glad you made it." Edward's voice appeared behind us.

"Edward, how are you? I hope you don't mind that we let ourselves in?" Carmen spoke.

"It's quite alright and I am...good, thanks for asking." I ventured toward the couch as they continued the conversation. They eventually get to talking about Bella then Edward starts the convincing them to witness. He has them listen to what they hear...four heartbeats. They say one is faster than the other three, almost a flutter. Soon, Edward has Bella come out with Renesmee and they freak out. Tanya skitters back a few steps, Kate is on the other side of the room before I can blink and Eleazar is crouching in front of Carmen protectively. They accuse them of making an immortal child and Edward told them to listen to her heart beat. After some lengthy time, it was Renesmee and me who actually convinced them. I told them how I saw Bella myself when she was inside her. Then Renesmee showed Carmen everything that she remembered. They were also hurt that we hid it from them but they understood it was for her protection and they agreed to witness again the Volturi. But they were beyond shocked when they heard Irina is to blame for all this happening. Carmen seemed took a liking to her and vice versa. Leaving Carmen with Renesmee and Jacob close to them, Eleazar talking to Edward and Bella, I showed Tonya and Kate my room. Later on in the day, the vampire's that Alice had promised to send showed up and that was when I had to start being careful.