‹ Prequel: So Wrong, It's Right.
Status: completed!!

When You Love Someone

Three.

After the couple spent that day in their bunk, doing some planning, the rest of the tour passed by quickly and soon the couple was in Alex's car on their way back to their house.

"So why do you have to leave today? Why can't you two go like next week? I mean we are only just getting back today, don't you want to relax?" Alex questioned his fiancee who was driving.

"Tomorrow morning is the only time they had available for the next month. I have to get my dress soon so there is time for alterations and all of that." Lanie explained as she turned onto their street.

"Fine. I'll miss you." He said, a small pout on his face, making her smile as she parked in their drive way. As soon as the car was stopped the front door opened and out ran their son, closely followed by Kara. Alex was out of the car first, his son quickly in his arms, being spun around and kisses pressed on his chubby face.

"Hey you." Kara greeted to Lanie who had just gotten out and walked around the car, smiling at her fiance before hugging her best friend.

"Hey. So how was he?" Lanie asked as she watched Alex pretend to fall onto the floor, Colton sitting on top of his triumphantly.

"He was great. He is really happy that you guys are home though." Lanie nodded before moving forward to pick up her son and envelope him in a tight hug.

"Hey baby boy. I missed you!" She said, making him grin and lean forward to pucker up his lips, giggling after he got the kiss he wanted. "Come on, let's get inside." With that, the small group moved into the house, leaving the couples bags for later.

"So are we still leaving tonight?" Kara asked Lanie as they sat in the living room, Colton curled up on his mothers chest, his eyes shutting as he hadn't gotten his nap that day, and he was also more than happy to be wrapped up against his mother once more.

"Yeah, we are. I'm so excited. I hope the dress fits me as good as it does the model in the picture. I really want that dress." Lanie said, picturing the dress in her mind.

"I'll go get our bags from the car so you can be packed and ready to leave." Alex spoke, standing up.

"Oh thank you." Lanie said, making him nod and lean down to peck her lips before he walked out of the house. "I'm going to go put him down for a nap."

After things got situated in the house and Lanie was all packed with a suitcase full of clean clothes, rather than a suitcase full of gross tour clothes that desperately needed a washing, her and Kara loaded up the car and said their good byes to Alex and Colton before they headed in the direction of the Big Apple.

The trip took a little under 4 hours; as they had left around 6 in the evening, they arrived around 9. They checked into their hotel easily and got ready for bed. Lanie called Alex to tell him they arrived safely and tell him goodnight before the light was switched off and the best friends fell into an easy slumber.

___

The next morning was nice and relaxing. Kara awoke at 7 and quickly showered. She got dressed and did her makeup before she woke up Lanie who quickly did all the same. On their way to the dress shop they picked up some coffee and croissants at a nearby bakery.

Soon enough they were sitting in the waiting area of the bridal store, nerves bubbling in Lanie's stomach.

"Hello! Which one of you beautiful young ladies would be Lanie?" A sales associate greeted cheerfully as she walked towards them. After some introductions they made their way back to a changing room where the associate left Kara and Lanie and went to find the dress that Kara and Lanie had found on their website.

Kara went to wait outside the dressing room as Lanie slipped into the dress, which looked just as good on her as it did the model in the photograph. She stared into the full length mirror and felt a large smile make its way to her lips. She could see herself getting married in this marvelous white strapless dress. She could picture Alex beside her, smiling at her like she was his world.

Kara had the same reaction when Lanie stepped out. Her jaw dropped open before a wide smile came to her face.

"Oh my god, Lanie! This is so the one!" Lanie nodded her head in agreement.

"I so agree. I love this even more than I did when I saw it online." So after some paperwork was done, Lanie left with the receipt for a dress that she would come back for a fitting for in a month and then after that, she would be getting married in it.

She quickly called up Alex and told him the great news before the best friends decided to go on a shopping trip though out the city.

As the young mother and her best friend, practically sister, walked down the New York streets, arm in arm, she couldn't help but grin.

She had it all. Life was perfect. If only if could stay that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lanie and Kara's outfits
Lanie's wedding dress

I apologize. I know that this is kinda bad and REALLY rushed.
I just wanted to get something out for you guys... bleh.