Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

Happily Never After (Final)

I lay next to Leon and grinned. “Well, that was pretty amazing.” I brushed fingers through his hair and kissed his cheek.

Leon kissed me and pulled me against him. He had put on boxers and I had my underwear again. “I was insane to leave you.”

“I’m glad you feel that way.” I placed my hands on his face and pulled him into a passionate kiss. “What do you think of Niki and Matt being together?”

“Does it bother you?” Leon met my eyes and I melted.

“It’s just that Matt is a very serious person and being in a relationship with him would be difficult. Maybe I shouldn’t worry.” I kissed him again. “Are you happy, Leon? Tell me that truth.”

Leon looked me straight in the eyes. “I’m happy with you. I’m happy that we’re finally together. I just can’t handle taking care of Quinn right now. She had needs and we can’t give her everything. We can’t give her a childhood.”

I nodded. “I have to take care of her, Leon. She’s my responsibility now and I’m not going to ship her away. I understand that she has needs, which is why I’m going to get a job somewhere. I’m not going to complain about the job, either. I need to support this family, as do you. Life isn’t easy, Leon.”

“I know, baby.” Leon pressed his lips against mine. “I don’t know how you’ve survived this long.”

I laughed. “I couldn’t, remember?” I kissed him and felt something hard. “You need another condom.”

***

I had called Niki’s she said they could have her for the night. I was happy to have a day with Leon. We had been through so much and I just needed to relax. I made a pizza and called him down.

We sat at the table and ate, talking in between bites. I know we weren’t going to get married any time soon and I was glad because I had to know everything about him. I wasn’t one of those girls that got married only knowing his favorite color.

After devouring the pizza, we watched a few movies. When it became late we headed upstairs and listened to The Used. We lay in bed and looked at each other. I brushed my fingers over his slightly muscular arms, his thin waist, and through his black hair.

Leon kissed me. This wasn’t like the others. This kiss was deep and new. His tongue brushed mine and his hands lifted up the nightgown I had put on. His hands trailed up to my chest and briefly graced my breast. Leon slipped the nightgown over my head, releasing my lips and kissing my throat. His lips trailed down to my collarbone and stopped when he pecked in between my breasts. “I need a condom.”

I cracked a smile. My words had gotten through his head! When does that happen? No, seriously, when doesn’t your boyfriend listen to you?

Leon came back and kissed me again. “I love you, Beth.”

I slipped off his Good Charlotte t-shirt and his jean shorts. We lay there, half naked. I kissed him and pulled him on top of me, his skin warming mine and sending a chill down my spine. I bit his earlobe and my teeth trailed to his neck and I bit into the skin. Leon moaned out in pain and pleasure. He held me tighter and I bit the other side of his neck. Leon moaned again and I kissed his shoulder. “Wait.” I rolled over onto him and found his wrists. I kissed his wrists and his arms. The cuts were starting to disappear and so was the pain that was caused in our pasts.

“I stopped,” Leon whispered and my lips came up to his chest. “I stopped for you.”

I met his eyes. I brought my hands to his face and kissed him. My tongue fond his and my heart exploded with excitement.

Leon rolled back on top of me and bit my neck. I moaned and held him a little closer. “I’m happy with you, Beth. I wouldn’t be with anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Forever.”

I smiled to him and lay my head on his chest before kissing him some more. I know I could’ve ended up with anyone but him. I could’ve been with Matt, but then he wouldn’t be with Niki. I could’ve been with Asher, but it wouldn’t have worked out, no matter how much we tried. I guess you could say it was fate or destiny, but I’ll blame it on the emo experiment. Maybe this was my happily ever after. I’m going to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, well, I'd like to thank everything single reader, every single person who commented, and every subcriber. Thank you for reading every chapter, for waiting for a new chapter, and telling me how I was doing. I don't plan on ending Beth's story here, but I plan on beginning Quinn's as a teenager in the sequel called How to Live, and finishing with How to get Married, going back into Beth's POV. I hope that you read Quinn's story as well. If not, thank you for reading this one and you have no idea what this means to me. Love you all. *cries*