Toying With Paradise

Bye Bye Burrows

“Did you all know?” Mason burst into the room. His eyes were frantic and he was a bit shaky. “Well?”

“Calm down Spazy. What are you talking about?” Ryan asked while Alex tried to stifle a laugh.

“Ayla? Yeah, she’s engaged!” Mason said waving his hands around.

“No way!” Alex’s eyes went wide.

“Are you sure?” Ryan looked at Mason with confused eyes as well.

“Positive. She has a rock the size of fucking Jupiter on her finger. I don’t understand how we ever missed it.” Mason flopped onto the bed.

-----

@Burrows14: Uhmm just for comparison reasons…how large is Jupiter?

@MayRay21: Not literally you tard! #honestly #stupid @Burrows14

@Burrows14: Harsh bro! Just trying to lighten the mood! #hostile @MayRay21

@CheckYesJuliet: You guys are making twitter awkward @MayRay21 @Burrows14

@Burrows14:Sorry…the whole atmosphere in this room is awkward. You busy? @CheckYesJuliet

@CheckYesJuliet:Nope. Kai and the girls went to the spa again @Burrows14

@Burrows14: You up for a swim? @CheckYesJuliet

@CheckYesJuliet: Let me change. I’ll meet you in the lobby in 10? @Burrows14

@Burrows14: Perfect @CheckYesJuliet

@Ryan_Kesler: Can I come?! @CheckYesJuliet @Burrows14

@CheckYesJuliet: No… @Ryan_Kesler

@Burrows14: No. @Ryan_Kesler

@Ryan_Kesler: Left out… #harsh

-----

“Hey! Where are you going!?” Mason asked as Alex grabbed a towel and his room key.

“To the pool.” He answered plainly.

“I am in the middle of a crisis! I could potentially be falling for a taken woman!”

“Uh…Ryan will help you out with your problems. He’s a good listener. Peace!” Alex flashed the peace sign on his fingers and rushed out the room, not before seeing Ryan flashing him the bird. Alex waited impatiently as the elevator descended. Once the doors opened he rushed out and searched the lobby. Familiar blue eyes met his as a smile formed on his lips.

“Hey!” Pearson said cheerfully.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you in the same suit once this trip…” Alex joked.

She looked down at her top and laughed. “I’m kind of a swimsuit hoarder. The summers in Thunder Bay are pretty hot so I spend a lot of time at the lake.”

“Nothing wrong with that.” Alex led the way to the pool. He picked out two pool chairs and set his towel down.

Pearson set her beach bag on the chair next to Alex’s. She looked up and was about to toss her hair in a ponytail, but her eyes caught sight of something. It was like the movies. It happened in slow-motion, almost painstakingly slow. Alex lifted the hem of his shirt over his head revealing his flexed abs.

“Like what you see?” Alex asked playfully.

Pearson snapped her head away. She could feel her cheeks getting hot as she tied her hair. “Sorry, I just spaced.”

“While looking at my abs.” Alex wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh stop.” Pearson dove into the pool to cool off her burning cheeks. Alex followed right after her. When she emerged, Alex’s smiling face was right up next to hers.

“Boo.” He smiled and flicked some water onto Pearson’s face. She flinched and swam away.

“Look at that little boy. He’s adorable.” Pearson said when Alex swam up next to her. They rested on the ledge.

“That one?” Alex pointed to a little boy around 4 years old laughing and running with his floaties.

“Yeah.”

“He is cute. I can’t wait till Victoria is that old. I can take her skating and everything.”

“Your daughter.” Pearson stated.

“Yeah. You don’t have any kids or anything do you?” Alex turned to her.

She let out a laugh before shaking her head no. “I have a niece and a nephew though. Avaleigh is 2 and Baylor is almost a year.”

“Do you want kids?” Alex rested his chin on his arms.

“Absolutely! I want twin boys. I’ve always wanted twins.” She giggled.

“Why?” Alex laughed along with her.

“I don’t know! I’ve always loved seeing twins dressed the same and being the same things for Halloween and stuff.” Pearson shrugged and swam backwards.

“You don’t want matching names do you? Something embarrassing like Noah and Nolan?” He followed.

“There’s nothing wrong with that!” She defended.

“Oh no…you have names picked out don’t you?”

“Maybe.” She stuck out her tongue.

“Let’s hear ‘em.”

“No! You’ll make fun of me.” She shook her head.

“No, I won’t! I promise.” Alex crossed his heart with his index finger.

Pearson waited a few seconds before speaking again. “I like Kyler and Keaton.”

“Those are cute. Not going to lie.” Alex admitted.

“Thanks.”She smiled. Alex didn’t say anything. He just moved closer. Pearson panicked. Alex’s hands reached to her waist and pulled her to him. Before anything happened, a stranger’s voice interrupted them.

“Sir is this your stuff?” She asked.

“Yes, is there a problem?” Alex swam over to the edge.

“No, your phone has just been ringing off the hook. Perhaps it’s important.”

“I’ll check it out. Thank you.” Alex said climbing out of the pool. A worried look formed on his face as he looked at his phone.

“What’s wrong?” Pearson got out of the pool and wrapped her towel around her body.

“I have to go.” He gathered his things and rushed to the lobby.

“Alex! Talk to me, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me.” Pearson was right on his tail.

“I need a taxi to the airport in 20 minutes.” He told the desk clerk. She nodded.

“Airport? Are you going back to Vancouver?”

“Nancy got in a car accident. She has amnesia, she can’t remember anything. She doesn’t even remember our daughter.”

“Oh my god…” Pearson’s jaw dropped. The elevator ride was quiet and awkward as Alex dialed away on his phone.

“I’m really sorry, Pearson. I have to go.” Alex grabbed Pearson’s face and pulled her into a lust filled kiss in the middle of the hallway before turning around and leaving her there speechless.

-----

@Burrows14: Just when I thought life wasn’t that bad…

@Burrows14: @CheckYesJuliet I’m sorry I had to leave. I really wanted to stay with you.

@CheckYesJuliet: What the hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't wait till we get into more of the Pearson/Alex story line. You guys will be thrown through a loop, I promise :)

Don't forget to leave a comment!!!

Peace. Love. Hockey

-Amy