Toying With Paradise

Hiking and Waterfalls

“How was the club last night ladies?” The bride to be decided to stay behind to Skype with her “honey-bunches” so she said.

“Eh,” Jessa smiled to Pearson. The two girls had done their fair share of damage on the dance floor last night.

“What about you, Ayla?”

“It was alright.” She shrugged, thinking about the long talk she had with Mason while the rest of the club seemed to disappear.

“Well, while you all were partying and what not, I made us appointments at the spa!” Kai clapped.

“Oh…hmm…Kai, spa’s really are not my thing.” Pearson shook her head no.

“Well we can find something else then I guess?” Kai frowned.

“No, you know what? You guys go ahead and I will find something to do. We’ll just meet back here at say 5ish to get ready for dinner?” Pearson suggested.

“Perfect! You sure you’re okay alone?” Jessa asked.

“Yeah, I’ll just go lay on the beach and read.”

“Okay, we should head to the spa then girlies.” Kai smiled.

“Have fun!” Pearson waved as they walked out of the room.

-----

@checkyesJuliet: Alone for the day… #whattodo

@Leafit2Jess: Should’ve came to the spaaaaa @checkyesJuliet

@Ayceee: RT @Leafit2Jess: Should’ve came to the spaaaaa @checkyesJuliet

@checkyesJuliet: Sorry ladies! Just not my thing! @Ayceee @Leafit2Jess

@Burrows14: @checkyesJuliet You alone all day? Want company?

@checkyesJuliet: Really? If you’re not busy…sure why not? :) @Burrows14

@Burrows14: I can ditch the guys for a day. You like hiking? @checkyesJuliet

@checkyesJuliet: Sure, I guess! What do you have up your sleeve Burr @Burrows14

@Burrows14: Don’t worry about it. Meet me in the lobby in 20 and bring your swimsuit. Wear comfy shoes. @checkyesJuliet

-----

Pearson quickly threw a towel and a sundress into a backpack along with a bottle of water and her wallet. She then rushed to throw on her swimsuit under her tank top and white shorts. In the bathroom, Pearson tied her hair into a messy bun and as she stepped out, she slipped on her black Puma’s, grabbed her bag, and dashed to the elevators.

“Didn’t wait too long did you?” Pearson said from behind Alex.

“Not long at all, ready?” He smiled his sweet smile.

“Pretty much! Are you going to tell me where we are headed?” She asked as he opened up the car door for her.

“”Nope.”

“Are you going to tell me where you got this car?” She looked around and laughed.

He looked at her trying to look suspicious, “Nope.”

Alex drove for about 45 minutes, engaging Pearson in intense conversation so she wouldn’t ask where they were going. Once they got to the empty lot, he led her on a half hour hike where they finally reached the mystery location.

“It’s a freaking waterfall…” Pearson dropped her backpack on the ground at stepped towards the water. “Are we going to swim in it?”

“Yeah, come on! “ Alex stripped off his shirt and spread his arms wide open. Pearson snapped a picture. “That picture’s going on twitter!”

-----

@checkyesJuliet: At the most amazing place with @Burrows14 twitpic.com/shw73h

-----

“How did you find this place?” Pearson asked as she emerged from under the water.

“Just a place the locals showed me.” Alex winked at her, making her heart flutter. “What do you say you and I grab some dinner at another place the locals showed me after this?”

“Oh…I can’t, the girls and I made plans for dinner.” She frowned.

“I’ll invite Mase and Ry, it’ll be a group thing.”

“I’ll run it past the girls later, let’s just have fun for now!” Pearson giggled and swam off.

As she left his side, Alex let his mind wander. He thought about what Nancy and Victoria were up to at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update.

I have always dreamed of going on a hike to a waterfall so, why not write out my dream in an amazing story, eh?

What do you all think of this chapter? Why is Alex still so hung up on his ex-wife? Is it a good thing that he is getting to know Pearson while still thinking of Nancy?

Let us know what you think so far!

Peace. Love. Hockey.

-Amy