‹ Prequel: Big Bad Handsome Man
Status: active

Warmness On The Soul.

Eleven.

By the time we had finished eating, left the restaurant and had arrived at the beach I was dead tired. It was only nine at night, but to me it felt like it was three in the morning. I had asked Matt if we really had to go for a walk on the beach, and he was adamant about taking me on one. I don’t know why he was so determined to get me to go, but then I remembered how busy he had been lately. So one night out together was a good thing. Even if the babies were practically doing gymnastics inside me, I was happy to be out with Matt.

As soon as we had parked at the beach Matt had blind folded me. Promising me that he wouldn’t push me into the cold water and saying if I even got a single toe or hair wet that I had permission to fully push him in. I was biting the bottom of my lip as he led me towards whatever he had planned. My palms were sweating and so were my toes, and I was pretty sure that the babies were wondering what the heck was going on.

Not to mention they were making me crave tacos made out of olives and peanut butter.

After a few minutes Matt had dropped the blind fold from my eyes, the cute spread in front of me making my eyes water. He had laid out a gray blanket across the sand, a few beige candles lit and scattered at the ends. It was the single most romantic moment of my life, and knowing Matt planned it made it that much better.

Just before I could ask him what was going on he shushed me, and gently helped me down. Right away he sat in front of me, a nervous smile tugging at his features. It wasn’t like him to let his nerves get to him and show so easily, and seeing him like this only peaked my curiosity even more.

“Matt?”

He grinned nervously again, his fingers twiddling with his pants. “You should know by now I’m not amazing with words at all, I kind of suck with them honestly. Whenever I tell you a long sweet story I usually plan out what I’m going to say hours before hand… and well I wanted to wing it right now. I didn’t want some practice speech, it doesn’t seem like the right thing here…” He trailed off nervously.

“Well…Kara, about a year ago we broke into your home to take you away. I remember how I didn’t expect to feel anything for you, I expected to hate you actually… but then I saw you, and I remember how you thought it was all a bad dream. Something about the way you held yourself… your voice, even your smell changed something in me that night. I was never one to think I’d find a soul mate or someone I’d love nearly as much as I love you… but here you are…”

He let out a shaky breath, staring at his leg again for a few moments. After a bit he looked up at me again, staring me dead straight in the eye. “Kara, I love you so incredibly much… I’m shit with words but I’m really trying here. You mean everything to me, not just because you’re pregnant or anything like that, but because your just so amazing inside and out. I love how you snore when you’re sick, how you have to eat your crusts off the pizza before the actual pizza. I love how you talk to Bella in a baby voice or how you squish my cheeks together and call me your ‘pookie pie’.” He chuckled at the last one gently. “I even love when you leave empty orange juice containers in the fridge, or when you try to shave my face and nick me, I even love how you have to stand on a chair to poke me in the chest.”

My cheeks felt like they had caught on fire at the last one. I always tried to intimidate him, but it only made him chuckle and kiss me. Matt was surprising me so much right now, and everything he had said caused tears to rise in my eyes. I felt so loved, and I knew I loved him just as much back.

“I’m so in love with you Kara, from the smallest to largest thing you do. First thought in the morning is how gorgeous you look with the sunlight hitting you, or how beautiful you look glowing from pregnancy.” Matt shifted closer to me, taking my hand in his. “You mean everything and more to me, I can’t imagine how my life would be without you. I’d be so cold and I don’t think I’d be able to find anyone to love again… basically… shit…” He cleared his throat nervously.

“Baby…”

He gave me a reassuring smile, lifting my hand up to kiss my knuckles gently. “Kara Moore… I adore you, I’d give you anything and everything you’d ever want… and with that said… will you please, do me the amazing honor… of marrying me?”

He struggled with getting the box from his pocket, making me giggle through the tears flowing from my eyes. This seemed so surreal, like a dream that was too good to be true. He smiled gently at me as he opened the box in front of me.

The ring was beyond beautiful, a gold band with what appeared to be a huge oval opal with smaller diamonds around it. I had never thought I’d get engaged, let alone to Matt. He seemed too good for me, yet here he was, spilling his heart and asking me to be his for the rest of our lives.

“Kara…”

A smile spread across my face as I nodded, letting out a happy sob as I threw myself into his arms. This was my Matt, my everything, my love.

“I’ll marry you Matt,” I kissed his neck gently; “I love you so very much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) thoughts please? comments would mean the world,
and sorry about accidently re posting the last chapter D:!
I kinda teared up writing this ;')

Beach setting and ring