‹ Prequel: Big Bad Handsome Man
Status: active

Warmness On The Soul.

Twelve.

“Matt… are you sure you want to go through with this?”

I looked at the beer in my hands, turning the can around slowly. Thinking over what I had just proposed to all of the guys. It had only been a few days since Kara and I got engaged, and ever since that morning after I had money on my mind all the time.

A wedding and babies on the way meant I’d need a lot of money. Kara told me she didn’t want a wedding and that we could just go down to city hall and she’d be happy. But I didn’t want that, I wanted her to have a wedding that she could see pictures of. I wanted the kids to be able to see their mommy and daddy on their special day.

Just thinking about the babies reminded me that we were going to need two of everything. Twice as many diapers, formula, clothing, toys, two of everything for both of them. I wanted them to grow up and have everything they wanted, I wanted to make my kids happy, and with the money I was making that wasn’t going to be possible.

The only way to make sure my hopes came true was to make sure the band got signed. But we needed to record our demo before that, and for us to do that we had to get into the studio.

“We don’t have any other choice you guys. We need to get into the studio before some other band takes the slot.” I sighed, sitting back and taking a swig from my beer.

“But what happens if you get caught Matt? You have a pregnant Fiancée, think of how hurt Kara would be.” Zacky sighed.

“Then we’ll just have to be more careful then before,” I replied, “we have the security tapes, we know how they run… we’ll plan carefully and have the Berry’s wait behind the place so we can get away.”

“Are we even sure that they’ll have enough money?”

“We’ve been saving any extra from work. Anything gets us closer to our goal. Are you in?”

The guys all sighed and looked at each other. Before Kara had been around we would’ve come up with a job and got it done within a week. We had never tried to get money any other way, and this was the longest we had put off a job before. It hurt to turn to this, but I wanted the kids and Kara to have everything that they were going to want or need.

“We’re in.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short,but it's time for this story to get moving.
comments? please? :/
New Brian/Matt story.