‹ Prequel: Big Bad Handsome Man
Status: active

Warmness On The Soul.

Four.

I don’t know what time last night I had fallen asleep, but I only woke up when Matt was carrying me to bed. I tried to wiggle out of his arms, telling him I was getting too heavy for this. But he merely laughed, kissed me, and told me to get some rest. I fell asleep before he even laid me down in our bed.

I only started to wake up when I felt familiar urges of hunger in my stomach. Shifting slowly in bed, I stretched my arms, well aware of Matt’s thick arm around my waist. As I opened my eyes I couldn’t help but smile contently, almost a day ago I would’ve been waking up alone and missing Matt; but here I was, in his arms again. I rolled over slowly, smiling as I came face to face with a sleeping Matt.

His mouth was open slightly, a thin line of drool seeping out as he snored lightly. The sight was both one that made me laugh, and smile. Matt grunted sourly in his sleep before shifting around, rolling onto his back and covering his eyes with his arm.

Now free of his grip I got out of bed slowly, making sure that I didn’t wake him up in the progress. I walked over to Matt’s suitcase on the floor, unzipping it slowly before peering into the top. I grabbed a pair of his boxers and one of his white wife beaters; they’d be mine now since they’d get stretched out.

I glanced at Matt to make sure he was still asleep before hurrying into the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes from yesterday, washed my face, and then stepped into my new ones. Since Matt somehow managed to carry me and my large tummy up the stairs, I was going to make it up to him by making him breakfast.

*

“Bella don’t whine,” I groaned, “I’ll give you some once it’s cooked but not raw.” I added as the big golden dog whined as I put more bacon into the pan. I swear she was just like Matt when she saw and smelled bacon. I was surprised Matt was still asleep; I guess he was still tired from the plane ride home.

My hunger was growing with each second as I slid another cinnamon filling pancake out of the pan and onto the plate. All I needed was for the bacon to finish cooking along with the eggs and I could go get Matt and surprise him. I chuckled at how much I felt like a little house wife at the moment, it was only going to feel real when the baby was born.

My attention was stolen from the eggs when I heard a familiar cough from upstairs. Bella let out a loud bark before thundering from the kitchen, no doubt going to say her morning greeting to Matt. I laughed, stirring the bacon around and trying to avoid the splattering grease.

“Bella down girl…”

I looked up just in time to see a tired Matt stumbling into the kitchen. Right away I felt a familiar tingling in my stomach. Matt was leaning against the doorway, his boxers sagging slightly. Seeing the tanned inked skin made my mouth water more than the food, and I had half a mind to jump on Matt right now.

“Kara…why are you staring at me like I’m a piece of meat…” Matt trailed off with a smirk.

I looked up at him, “I was not!”

His smirk widened, “sure you weren’t,” He chuckled, “what are you doing?” He stood behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

“Making cinnamon filled pancakes with cream cheese glaze, toast, eggs and bacon.” I answered kissing his chin. “I wanted to make you breakfast since you carried me to bed last night.”

He gave me one of his dimpled smiles, “I should carry you upstairs more often.” He kissed y neck gently. “You need some help babe?”

I shook my head, “just get me some plates.”

He nodded and walked over to the counter. “Do you work today?”

I nodded, taking one of the plates from him. “Yes, I’m sure Chelsea and Joe would love to meet you. I only work from twelve to four today, we’re closing early tonight.” I answered plating the food. “Should I make coffee?”

He shook his head, “no, I don’t think the Berry’s stocked any in here. So I’ll serve us some milk, sit down and get off your feet for a bit.” He leaned over and pecked my lips.

*

“Matt don’t worry, and stop messing with your shirt you look fine.” I promised, squeezing his hand as we walked towards the diner.

To say he was nervous would be a lie, he was about to pee himself practically. He took almost an hour trying to decide on an outfit, and our bedroom at the house was a mess. He had thrown around so many clothes that Bella had been running around covered in clothes like nothing. He finally decided on a white button up shirt and some dress pants, he was bent on making a good impression.

“I can’t help it; I want to make a good impression on them. I mean shit I’ve been gone for the beginning of your pregnancy, they probably hate me.” Matt groaned looking at me nervously. “I should’ve been here with you from the beginning…”

I stopped, turning to face him. “Matthew Charles Sanders; I love you and that’s all that matters. If they don’t like you at first you can always change their opinion about you.” I kissed his chin as best as I could. “It would’ve been nice to have you here from the beginning, but you needed to be safe. I’d rather our baby have her or his Father outside of jail to be with them, than behind bars.” I finished.

He sighed sadly, “You’re going to be late.” He pressed his lips against my forehead. “And I love you too.”

Smiling wider I lead Matt towards the diner, practically dragging him through the doorway. I frowned slightly when I didn’t spot Chelsea anywhere, not even waiting the few couples that were at the table. I gave Matt a worried glance before leading him behind the counter. Just as I did the door to the kitchen swung open and out came Chelsea, carrying a platter of food over to one of the tables.

She turned to come back over here, freezing when she spotted me and then her eyes lingered towards Matt. Her face was blank for a few moments, and slowly but surely a smile spread across her lips.

“Well I’ll be is this the Daddy?” She grinned, cocking her hip out to the side. “About time you got here, we were beginning to worry about Kara being alone with a baby!” She laughed walking over. “Chelsea’s the name, and I already know yours.”

Matt seemed to relax, “nice to meet you, Kara told me a lot about you and your husband on the way over.”

She chuckled, “I’ve heard a lot about you too, are you staying for lunch?”

I looked up at Matt, curious for his answer myself. “I would, but I’ve got to meet Brian down the street. It’s about how we’re going to make money; I don’t think it’ll take more than an hour or so.” He explained giving me a sad smile. “I can cancel if you want me to stick around.”

I shook my head, “go, we’re going to need the money for our little monster.” I leaned up and kissed his chin. “Tell Brian I said hi for me?”

“Of course, I’ll be back before you know it.”

**Matt**

“Hey Bri.”

Brian looked towards me instead of the guitar on the wall. “Hey man, where’s Kara?”

“At work for a bit, down at the diner on the corner. You wanted to see me about something?”

He nodded, “yeah, Zacky got a studio that’ll let us record some demos this weekend. But they want two grand up front to cover everything. So far we’ve got at least a grand saved up…”

I groaned, “Fuck… I don’t know where we can turn to get that money Brian… I can’t and won’t ask Kara for it, we don’t have it…”

Brian shifted nervously, “well… I was thinking…”

“Brian…”

“We could do a small job… I know we swore off it and all that, but we need the money Matt… we could hit up a convenience store or a house.” He glanced around nervously. “I know they don’t usually have a lot of money, but if they also sell alcohol they usually have more. I know it’s risky, but think about the baby Matt… the guys and have thought this over and we can’t see any other way.”

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. I knew Brian wasn’t trying to guilt me into doing anything; he just wanted me to think it over. “I wouldn’t ever agree to this...” Brian sighed. “But we need to do this, if we can get a company to sign us than the baby will have everything she or he will ever need… I can afford to take Kara out… I just don’t want to get caught Brian.”

“Understood, we’ll stake out the place and see its security.”

I nodded, “alright let me know when. I’m going to go spend some time with Kara, just in case.”

“Cool man.”
♠ ♠ ♠
At least three comments and I'll update :) Does this chapter kind of remind you of a certain Avenged Sevenfold song? ;)
Should Matt go through with it?

also check out my new brian story :3
A Little Piece of Heaven.