‹ Prequel: Big Bad Handsome Man
Status: active

Warmness On The Soul.

Five.

When Matt came back from being with Brian he was acting funny to say the least. I tried asking him about it when I wasn’t busy, be he merely shook his head and said he had a headache. I knew better than that though, something was bothering him he just didn’t want me to worry.

We had already been through so much, so it didn’t make sense to me why he wouldn’t just tell me what was going on. I knew it had to do about us needing money, and the guys’ new job, I just hoped it wasn’t going to be anything illegal. I couldn’t risk losing Matt so soon after I got him back.

Needless to say when I clocked out I practically dragged Matt out of the diner, intent on getting out what was bothering him. Ignoring his murmurs that he wanted to go home I dragged him towards the beach, I wasn’t going to back down from this.

“Matthew Charles Sanders, stop sulking right now.” I ordered turning to look at him. “You’ve been upset since you came back from seeing Brian, did something go wrong?” I asked with hopeful eyes. He couldn’t keep it from me for forever.

He shook his head slowly, “not exactly… Kara don’t worry about it alright? Your pregnant just focus on staying healthy for you and the baby.” He sighed, wrapping his arms around me to pull me in close.

I knew he was trying to distract me. I wrapped my arms around his middle before looking up at him. “Matthew, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Then tell me what’s going on, I’m not stupid, and I’m not a child. What’s healthy for me and the baby is also what’s healthy for you. I don’t need you running off and risking your life, or your freedom to do anything. I know when something’s bugging you and it’s obvious that something is bugging you right now.” I pleaded. “I love you, and I know the baby is going to love you… so tell me.”

Matt groaned, “Pulling the love card on me.”

“Tell me.”

He looked back down at me. “Let’s go sit in the sand before I tell you.” He said after a few moments of silence. “And just stay open minded about it alright?”

“Alright.”

It was a short walk to the shore, Matt silent as he re-laced our fingers together. Part of me was happy he was going to tell me what was going on, but the other part of me was worried. The way he acted and spoke meant it was a big deal, and I was racking my brain trying to think of what could’ve happened.

Maybe someone tipped off the cops about them and he’d have to leave again. Maybe someone wanted to hire them to kill someone else. Maybe he truly didn’t believe that the baby was his.

Out of all of those possibilities the last one made my heart sink. Matt seemed to believe me, and the idea of him doubting me hurt worse than anything. Nervously, I began to rub my stomach with my free hand, hoping that it wasn’t that.

We picked a spot just above the wet sand, slowly sitting down before Matt’s thick arm pulled me close. I hadn’t been to the beach in such a long time and finally being back here with Matt made it even more enjoyable.

“Do you realize where we are?” Matt asked quietly, breaking the comfortable silence.

I looked around, “no… should I?”

He chuckled, resting his chin on top of my head. “This is where we dropped you off that night; it was the last place I got to hold you before I left… I remember I was so happy you were forgiving me… I was so happy yet… I was so heartbroken that I had to leave you just as soon as you did.” He replied quietly. “I spent every waking minute over there wondering if you were okay, if you missed me, or if you had moved on with your life.”

I felt my lips curl up into a smile. “I thought about you too Matt, every moment. Even more when I found out I was pregnant.”

He squeezed me gently. “Then when I found out you were pregnant at first I was mad because I wasn’t sure if you had moved on… until Jimmy talked some sense into me on the plane ride over.”

I shifted around, pressing my lips against his for a moment. There was no better feeling than kissing Matt; just the way the simple gesture sent shivers and shocks through me was magical.

“Stop trying to distract me Matthew.” I teased, whispering it against his lips.

He chuckled, “I was getting there, first you undress me with your eyes and now you’re teasing me. Never thought I’d see this side of you.” He smirked. “Well… Brian and I were talking about our plan to get money.”

“Which is?”

He sighed, “I didn’t want to break it to you, I wanted it to be a surprise all of us did. We decided to start up music again, or at least try. So I met him to talk about our options, we’ve had the Berrys looking recording studios; we wanted to find the cheapest one since we don’t have that much money…”

“And?”

“Well, we found one. It’ll cost around two grand, and the guys already have a grand saved up.”

“So… the problem is you need more money?” I asked quietly, I don’t know why he was so worried. I’d lend it to him.

“Yes… but I’m not taking money from you Kara. Not after you’ve worked so hard to save it up for the baby, it’s just not right. So the guys and I were thinking about… well… robbing a convenience store… now before you freak out it’ll be one store and that’s it. We’re checking out tis security and how often the cops are near it as we speak right now…”

I stared out at the water, watching a few seagulls fly by. I knew Matt was waiting for my answer, but I needed to think about this. It was risking his life and his freedom.

It was risking our life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow <3 thanks for the comments you guys are amazing :)
I know this is short but I didn't want to solve everything out right away.
Comments mean updates so you know the drill ;D I seriously appreciate all of you who take time to comment or read this <3

Also check out my new M. Shadow's story
Little Red Riding Hood.