A Love Like Ours Is Terrible News

Deux.

It was dark in the backstage, only lit up by the lights from the stage. I was sitting on one of our empty equipments box as I drummed the box with my sticks. My eyes scanned the space until I saw Devin, Jeff, and Zach walking towards me. The only thing that was bothering me was the grin that Devin had on his face. He had something behind it, alright.

“Hey, bro.”, Devin clapped my shoulder before snorting because he was holding back a laugh. “How’s everything?”

I furrowed my brows and looked to all of their faces. It was a bit hard to do it because of the darkness, but when the stage lights lit their faces up, I could see that they all had the same smirk and grin that Devin had. “What are you guys up to?”

Jeff and Zach couldn’t contain their laughter anymore, so they just laughed their asses off, followed by Devin a few seconds later. My curiosity grew and I jumped off the equipment box, down on my feet. “What?”

“We heard you have a crush on that Fiolet girl.”, Jeff laughed before going even harder and had to clutch his stomach because of laughing. Some crews that were around us looked annoyed and disturbed because of the laughter. Good thing the sound of Midnight, who was the one on stage, covered everything.

The true reason I was hanging around backstage was to see that girl on stage. For the first 3 songs, she got my full attention. Her stage presence was extraordinary and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Her singing was velvet like and her screams were so powerful it sent shivers through my spine. Her red hair was moving flawlessly when she was running around the stage or do some head bang.

“No, I’m not.”, I hissed as I pushed Jeff lightly, feeling slightly annoyed. “I’m just a bit curious about her.”

“Well, you’re not alone, buddy.”, Zach whistled, already finished laughing. “She’s friggin’ hot.”

“But bro, you and her? Not gonna happen.”, Devin stated simply. “Not that you don’t have a chance with her, but we actually just heard that she’s David’s ex. As in, David Schmitt’s ex. So… no.”

“The weirdest thing is, how did you guys know about her? And I said this a lot today; I don’t like her.”

The three of them shrugged before waving me off with a blunt ‘could’ve fooled me’. I rolled my eyes and went back watching Midnight perform. They were on their last song and it was a slow ballad, which wasn’t a weird thing coming from a post-hardcore band. Fiolet was just standing in front of her mic stand, singing her heart out.

When they were done, one by one of them walked out from the stage and into the backstage. “Oh, shit, we better leave so Andy can greet his girl.”, Jeff laughed quietly as he pulled Devin and Zach away.

“Fuck you guys!”, I called out to them when they were running off while laughing. Midnight was still at the backstage, high five-ing each other and gulping down bottles of water. It was a chance to greet all of them.

I jumped off the equipment box again and went over to them. One of them noticed me and nudged the guy beside him, who was still sucking the water from the bottle. “Hey guys.”, I started.

“Oh, hey.”, the guy who noticed me before replied. “You’re from I See Stars, right?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m Andrew, but you guys can call me Andy.”

They murmured a soft ‘hey, Andy’ before going on introducing themselves. The first guy who noticed me was Luke, the drummer, the guy next to him was Wayne, the guitarist, the other guy next to Wayne was Sam, the bassist and then finally, Fiolet. “Hey, Andy.”, she grinned widely, not like the others who just murmured their introduction. It was obvious that she was the spirit of the band.

“We gotta go cause’ we stink.”, Luke said with a chuckle at the end. “We’ll see you around, man. Fi, are you coming?”

“Nah, I’ll stick around.”, Fiolet shrugged her shoulder and waved off the boys. I smiled widely to know that Fiolet wanted to stick around cause’ that meant I could talk more with her. “So, Andy, please don’t be creeped out, but I actually love to know people more. So, by that, can you tell me more about yourself?”

“I-I…”, I stuttered. Her blue eyes were so piercing and if it was bright here, she would be able to see my red cheeks. “W-Well, what do you want to know?”

She furrowed her brows and arched them a second later. “Is that a the Deathly Hallows necklace I saw dangling from your neck?”

I looked down to my necklace and looked back up to her. “Yeah, I’m… pretty obsessed with Harry Potter and don’t forget Star Wars.”

“Oh my God!”, she gasped. Could I say that her surprised face was so adorable? Could this girl be anymore attractive? “Me too! Look!”, she exclaimed excitedly as she pulled out her necklace from inside of her tank top. When she pulled it out, I could see it was a Hermione’s Time Turner necklace. “I never thought I would find someone who likes Harry Potter and Star Wars in this tour!”

When I was going to say something, an arm snaked around Fiolet’s shoulders. We both turned our heads to where the arm came from and David Schmitt was already standing next to her. “Hey, babe, I’ve been looking for you everywhere!”

Fiolet’s excited smile fell, turning her lips down into a frown. “Don’t call me babe. I’m not your babe anymore.”

“Aw, come on, Fi.”, David chuckled. “Let’s move on. We still belong together.”

It was getting awkward for me to be standing there, staring at them while they were doing whatever they were doing. Fiolet rolled her eyes and shook David’s arm off her shoulders. “Yeah, say that to the bitch you had a quickie with!”, she spat before running off from the scene.

David’s face was unreadable, but mostly, he looked hurt. Before he could say anything, I went off, trying to look for Fiolet. When I got to the hallway of dressing rooms, I tried to look into the other bands’ dressing rooms while passing by and I couldn’t even find the slight of her red hair. I turned to the bathroom corner and then, I found her sitting on the floor with her legs pulled to her chest.

I just knew this girl, so I left here there alone, crying, even though, the only thing I wanted to do was sitting beside her, be the shoulder she could cry on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys would give this story a chance :( and yeah, she's David Schmitt's ex in the story, there'll be a flashback of them later on, don't worry. Fasya hasn't found out about this and let's just see her reaction when she did :>
comment/subscribe?
<3