A Love Like Ours Is Terrible News

Trois.

All the way to Portland, I spent it by lounging around the back lounge, playing some video games or just going on Twitter, reading the mentions I had from fans. I actually found Fiolet’s twitter, but It would be awkward if I just tweet her out of nowhere, not to mention, it would be creepy. The way she looked when she cried was so devastating and how she could change from cheerful to full of hurt in a matter of seconds was heartbreaking. If I already knew her for years, I would pull her into a hug without a doubt, but that was just crap talk for now.

“Aren’t you hungry?”, Devin asked, stepping into the lounge with a sandwich in his hand. I was laying on my back and Devin sat right on the end of my feet. “You’ve been here all night.”

“I don’t know.”, I sighed. “I have a lot in my mind.”

Then, Bobby, our tour manager, came in, telling us that we were going to stop on a diner for a midnight dinner. It was almost midnight because we went straight from Seattle to Portland right after the show was done, just like the other bands. Fifteen minutes later, the bus turned right to some sort of a rest stop with a diner and a little gas station. When we stopped, all of us got out from the bus and found the other bands did the same.

“Hey, man.”, I greeted Luke, who just got out from his van. He was the only guy in Midnight that I could see getting along with, not that I had a problem with Wayne and Sam, but they looked like the quiet types. Luke quickly gave me a high five and we walked into the diner together.

Everyone was there as I scanned my eyes to the filled tables and booths, but I couldn’t find her. “Where’s Fiolet?”, I asked after I introduced Luke to the others because he would be joining us at the table.
“She said she’s just sleepy and would rather sleep in than getting some food, even though, as far as I remember, she hadn’t had any food today.”, Luke answered with a shrug of his shoulder.

We ordered our food and chatted as we waited. Luke told us about his band, like, they were from Los Angeles and friends ever since high school. Zach was being his usual player self, trying to get information about Fiolet, but before he could ask anything about her, I kicked his leg under the table, receiving a glare from him. When our food arrived, everyone quickly dig in but all I did was stare at mine.

It felt a bit weird to be eating when I knew Fiolet wasn’t actually sleeping in and probably starving herself so she wouldn’t encounter David. I only ate a bit of my steak and got some napkins before putting the onion rings and potato wedges on them. “What are you doing?”, Jeff asked while still having his food in his mouth.

“I’m… Just gonna finish this at the bus.”, I lied smoothly as I stood up with the napkins full of food on my hand. I quickly walked out from the diner and went over to Midnight’s van, finding it locked. Should I knock it? Or just call for Fiolet? Okay, knocking seemed much better. “Fiolet.”, I called softly as I knocked a bit.

There wasn’t any answer and I knocked a few times before I heard a noise from the inside. A second later, the door slid opened and Fiolet was sitting on the seat, facing me with her legs dangling out. “Andy?”, she asked groggily. “What’s wrong?”

“I thought you might like some food.”, I said quietly and opened the napkin before offering it to her. Her eyes widened on the food and then, she picked up an onion ring and took a bite.

“Thanks. I was starving.”, she chuckled as she chew the onion ring. We quickly got into a conversation about Harry Potter, our bands, our lives and some random stuff, like the weather, even though it was the middle of the night.

When the other bands started to got out from the diner, we knew they were done. “Here we go again with the road trip.”, Fiolet chuckled and yawned. “Aren’t you tired?”

“Not really.”, I threw the oily napkins away because we were done with onion rings and potato wedges. “I’ve been on tour a lot lately and not to mention, to the other side of the planet, so I don’t get tired easily.”

She grinned and shook her head slightly. “Show off.”, she giggled. “You should get back to your bus before your band mates started a search party.”

“Right.”, we laughed at unison. “See you tomorrow, Fi.”

“See you tomorrow, Andy.”
************
I walked around the venue as I waited for our turn to do sound check. It was now Chiodos’s turn and we were next after them. There were fans already lining up outside and I decided to just go out and greet them all. When I got to the lined up fans, I saw Devin, Zach and Jimmy, signing some stuffs and talked to some fans. I even spotted Fiolet doing the same, but she was talking to a girl her age while signing a fan’s shirt.

“Dude!”, Jimmy called me out and motioned me to get near him. He looked like he wanted to say something. I approached him and arched my brows, waiting for whatever he wanted to say. “Can you help me out?”

“Help you out with what?”, I asked when a fan asked me to sign her ticket. I gladly took her ticket and Sharpie before signing it, not forgetting to scribble her name after I asked her.

“Can you ask Fiolet… who that girl is? The one talking to her?”, he said quietly, almost like a whisper because we were surrounded by fans. He was talking about the girl who was now laughing with Fiolet.

“Uhm… Sure. Why, though?”, I put on my mischevious smirk. It was pretty obvious that Jimmy liked her and he wanted to get to know her.

He grew awkward to the question and pursed his lips. “Just help me.”, he waved off before getting asked to take a picture with a fan. I chuckled and excused myself from the fans to go over to Fiolet and the girl.

“Andy!”, Fiolet noticed me and waved her hands while I was walking towards them. “I wanna introduce you to someone.”

“Hi.”, I smiled to the girl. “I’m Andy.”

“Dakota.”, she grinned and stuck her hand out for me to shake it. We shook hands for a moment before pulling both of our hands back. “Is that your band back there?”

I looked over to the guys who were still signing and talking to the fans. Jimmy kept stealing some glances to us and when our eyes met, he would motion me to talk to Dakota. “Actually, Dakota, my friend wants to meet you.”

“Friend?”, Dakota asked with furrowed brows and looking over to Fiolet. “What friend?”

Fiolet caught my signals and grinned before wrapping an arm around Dakota’s shoulders. “Your friend better come here, Andy, or I’ll bait her to the other guys.”

“Fi!”, the other girl scoffed playfully before pushing Fiolet’s shoulder lightly. The girls laughed and I went over to Jimmy to get him.

“So, how did it go?”, he quickly asked when I was near.

“Her name’s Dakota and now, it’s your time to talk to her.”

“What?!”, his eyes widened under his long bangs and took a few steps back from me. “No, man, I can’t! She’ll think I’m weird or something!”

I rolled my eyes and pulled Jimmy by his arm as he tried to struggle out from the situation. It was pretty funny actually, to watch him being nervous and all. “She’s looking.”

By that, Jimmy straightened himself out and just muttered some introductions he could use; he was rehearsing himself. When we got to the girls, Jimmy was a bit shaking, but I didn’t think Dakota or Fiolet saw that. “So, this is your friend.”, Fiolet started off and pushing Dakota a bit.

“Hi. I’m Dakota.”, she grinned and tilted her head to the side slightly. “What’s your name?”

“I-I’m…”, Jimmy stuttered. I nudged him on his ribs by my elbow to get him going. “I’m Jimmy.”

“Andy, I think it’s better if we leave them.”, Fiolet grinned and pulled me away from the two lovebirds. Jimmy was giving me a ‘what the hell’ look but I just motioned him to talk to Dakota with my eyes.

Fiolet and I decided to get some ice cream from the van that was parking up on the other side of the street. We didn’t want to go into the venue, so we would have a clear visual of Jimmy and Dakota. When we got to the ice cream van, I ordered a Fudgesicle and strawberry Popsicle for Fiolet. We finished them while sitting on a bus stop bench, right across from where Jimmy and Dakota were talking.

From what we’ve seen, they got into a conversation pretty quickly and both of them were having fun with each other. Dakota was giggling to whatever Jimmy was saying and doing some hand motions. Probably telling her a joke. “They look good.”, Fiolet smiled after licking her Popsicle.

I nodded in agreement. “Yeah. I haven’t seen Jimmy like that after he broke up with his ex.”

“Well, sometimes, after we broke up, it feels like a Dementor just sucked out all of your soul.”, Fiolet stated, using a Harry Potter references. We looked at each other for a moment before laughing. This girl was amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to change the chapter titles with numbers in french, haha, I'm not that creative to make up some titles. Fasya finally noticed! I have this story pre-written up to chapter 5,haha,I need to update my other stories.
anyway,comment/subscribe?
<3