Status: new;based on reader feedback

Happiness For A Pessimist

what have i gotten into this time around?

So how did this happen?" the doctor asked as he finished bandaging my ribs up.

"I f-fell d-down the stairs." I whispered softly.

He stared at me for a long time, probably not buying my excuse. "Well I suggest being careful the next time you use the stairs." he laughed exiting the room.

"Why did you say that?" John yelled at me. I whimpered and hid my face, I don't like it when people yell at me if you didn't know. "Sorry." John apologized hugging me closely and kissing the top of my head.

"Sorry." I whispered sitting up carefully and slipping my shirt on.

"I just don't get why you're protecting him." John whispered helping me put of my shirt and jeans.

"He's still my dad." I told him standing up and grabbing my shoes.

John took them from me and helped me put them on not responding to my comment. In fact he didn't even talk to me through out the whole ride back to his house where the other's were waiting.

John opened the front door for and I entered the oddly quiet house. I walked into the living room seeing everyone sleeping on the couch and along the floor while the disc menu for The Breakfast Club played.

I smiled softly and walked over to Garrett lightly poking his shoulder. He jolted awake and began to mumble to himself, rubbing his eyes and looking around the room. He turned to me and smiled softly, "Hey Haven." he greeted.

"Hi." I greeted sitting on his lap.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

I nodded softly and rested my head on his chest feeling my eye lids growing heavier. I yawned and nuzzeled my against Garrett's chest. "John's b-being a m-meanie." I whispered before falling asleep.

.

"Get up Haven!"

I cracked open my eyes to see Pat standing in front of me with a large smile. I smiled back and slowly sat up, I held back a gasp at the pain that shot through my ribs. Pat however still noticed and stared at me with concern, "Are you ok?" he asked softly.

I nodded and smiled at him before sitting up and glanced around the room not seeing Garrett anywhere. I thought he was my pillow for the night. "Where's Gar Bear?" I asked queitly following Pat into the kitchen.

"He left in a angry fit last night becuase he was holding you and John got really mad and defensive." Pat explained.

"Where's John?"

"He left after Garrett. Probably went to get drunk. I think he came in late last night." Pat shurgged.

"I'll go check his room." I said hurrying out the kitchen. I climbed the stairs no matter how much it hurt and quiety opened John's door. I saw him sleeping on his shirtless stomach and smiled before opening the door completely.

And there lied a naked women.

I stared at the both of them feeling the tears prick at my eyes. He didn't cheat on me did he? I couldn't take my eyes away from the scene, I thought he loved me!

"I hate you!" I screamed.

John jolted awake and turned to me. He looked confuse for a second then he saw the girl laying next to him. Everything pieced together, "Fuck Haven it's not what it looks like." he said sitting up and exposing himself.

He quickly grabbed hos boxers off the floor and slipped them on. He made his way to me but I stepped away backing out the room. "Leave me alone!" I screamed as he grabbed my hand.

"Calm down Haven." he whispered.

"No! You cheated on me. How could you do this to me?" I asked sobbing loudly.

"It was nothing." John said clearly annoyed with everything.

"Fuck you." I whispered pulling away from him and hurrying down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen where Pat was, looking completely confused.

"Take me ti Garrett's house." I begged softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
drama comes in now.
thanks to all my commenter's, i'll thank you guys later my mama just made some yummy mexican desert so i need to go :P