Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Fifteen

September 27th, 2011
Tuesday
Boston, MA
1:00 P.M

When Greg next saw Donna it was on accident. It was the day after he got back from Montreal. Greg was in a very good mood. The Bruins had beaten the Canadians twice. It was also apparent that the two days away from Henry had done Donna a lot of good. She looked better. Her skin had some color to it, she walked with a spring in hr step, and she was smiling. The bruise around her eye was almost gone completely. He saw her walking down the street carrying grocery bags and yelled out

“Hey Donna!” She turned and smiled when she saw him.

“Hi Greg,” she said. He pulled her into a hug and said

“I missed you,” she laughed and said

“You look tired, how late were you up last night?”

“After we stopped talking last night I couldn’t fall asleep.” He said. “We need a way to meet up more instead of talking all night long. Once the season officially starts it’s important I go to bed early.”

“We could go out every other week or something,” she said.

“What if Henry finds out?” asked Greg.

“I usually go out every week to get food to cook; Henry won’t be suspicious if I take a little more time then usual. We could go to lunch.” She said.

“Alright,” said Greg, still feeling a little hesitant.

“Don’t worry,” she said smiling. He felt so happy to see her looking healthier and feeling better. The two talked a while longer before Greg headed back to his house.

Both Donna and Greg couldn’t wait for the next week, but first Greg had a game on the 29th. It was against the Senators and Donna was waiting to get tickets from Greg to go. When she got to practice she went and sat up in the stands. She saw Milan’s wife Raina coming up to talk to her.

“Hey,” said Raina smiling.

“Hi,” said Donna “What’s up?”

“I was wondering if you wanted to come and sit with me and some of the other wives in one of the box seats.” said Raina. Donna saw her take a ticket out of her pocket. She was surprised and said

“Sure, thanks!” Raina smiled and said

“I’m glad you’re coming, I’ll introduce you to more of the girls.” Donna felt extremely grateful and said

“I can’t wait.”

Donna decided not to tell Henry she was going to the game. It would be easy to avoid him. Despite the fact they only had one car she could walk to and from the Garden in ten minutes. She waited a bit after Henry left the house to leave herself. She pulled on her usual Providence jersey and headed to the Garden. It was a clear but cold night. She shivered slightly as she picked up her pace. She turned the corner and the Garden came in sight. She felt the VIP ticket in her coat pocket and wouldn’t wait to get inside and into the warmth. She slowly shuffled into the Garden with the tightly packed crowd and went upstairs.

She had never been to box seats, even at the Providence games, so she wasn’t quite sure where to go. She looked around the crowded hallway, feeling lost. She went up to one of the security guards standing by.

“Where do I go to get to the box seats?” she asked. The security guard looked at her ticket and said

“Keep going down the hallway and you’ll find an escalator. That’s the way up.” She thanked him and followed what he had said. She found the escalator and had to show the woman at the bottom her ticket before she went up. The hallways were much less crowded and she easily found her way to the room Raina and the wives were at. When she first walked in she saw so many unrecognizable faces. Raina came through the crowd.

“Welcome to our room,” said Raina smiling.

“I’ve never been to one of these,” said Donna.

“Come on in I’ve saved you a seat,” said Raina. She led her to the front of the room where they could see the ice. There was a long row of bar stools facing out so they could watch the game. Raina hopped up into her seat and Donna sat next to her. There was still five minutes before the game started and Raina took that time to introduce her to the other girls. There was a bigger sense of family and closeness among these girls then there was with the Providence girlfriends and wives. Donna had finally started to feel like she was fitting in when the horn went off, signaling the start of the game. Donna went back to her seat and looked out at the ice. She spotted Henry sitting on the bench. She smiled at the thought of him having no idea she was there, as long as she got home first.

Donna was lost in her own happiness as her and Raina cheered on the Bruins. But she lost the good feeling when Raina said

“Look we’re on the jumbotron!” Donna looked up to see her and Raina on the big screen. Horrified she quickly ducked down so only Raina could be seen. Raina looked down at her and said

“What’s wrong?” the screen switched off of them and onto a group of other people.

“Nothing,” said Donna, straightening back up trying to look normal. “I just don’t like being on camera very much.” They went back to watching the game. On the outside Donna appeared calm but inside her head, she was worried. What if Henry had seen her? She watched him get onto the ice. He didn’t look unsettled or angry as he got into the face off. She’d have to wait and see.

The Senators won 2-1 disappointing everyone who wanted the Bruins to keep their winning streak. Donna quickly said goodbye to Raina and all the new girls she had met. She ran out of the Garden and down the street back to the house. She needed to get there before Henry did. She had time. It would take him at least twenty minutes to get showered and out of the locker room. She walked into her house and threw her purse down. She tore the jersey off and threw it in the laundry basket. She wanted it to look like she hadn’t gone anywhere that night. She got into the shower just before she heard the front door open. She listened to Henry move around the house before he went into the bedroom. She assumed he was going to sleep.

She finished showering and found Henry already asleep in bed. To avoid waking him up she dressed in the bathroom. He went and sat in the dark living room with her laptop. She logged onto Facebook and was happy to find a message from Greg. It read

‘You got home ok?’

‘Ya, Henry got back after I did.’ Donna expected another long night of discussion but Greg had to say goodnight early because of an early training appointment at the gym.

Donna didn’t feel tired and sat on the couch in the dark living room thinking about what to do to kill some energy. She got up and looked out the window at the small playground next to the house. The whole street was dark. She needed some fresh air. She pulled on her jacket and decided to go outside and sit on the swings. The cold night air didn’t bother her but made her feel refreshed as she walked out of the heated house. Despite the street being dark she could still hear the sounds of cars in the distance. She opened the iron gate and went and sat on a small bench. It was one of those alone moments Donna liked to have. Where she could be by herself and reflect on her life. She needed to keep her relationship with Greg without Henry finding out. He made her happy, happier then she had ever felt with Henry.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all had a great day!