Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Sixteen

October 3rd, 2011
Tuesday
Boston, MA
12:30 P.M.

Donna walked quickly down the street looking up at all the shops going by. She finally found the place she was looking for. It was a small restaurant on the corner of the street. She walked in and looked around. She saw Greg at one of the tables and smiled at him as she walked over and at down.

“Hey,” said Donna.

“Was he suspicious?” asked Greg.

“Not at all,” said Donna. “He was talking to a friend when I left.”

“Good,” said Greg. Donna felt him take her hand in his under the small table. “Don’t think about him.” The waiter came and took their orders.

“So you like this place a lot?” asked Donna.

“Ya, I used to come here a lot. My parents took me here first time I came to Boston and I’ve loved it ever since.”

“So when’s your next hockey game?” asked Donna.

“In two days, it’s my first game of the season.” said Greg.

“I can’t wait,” said Donna. “You guys will do good.”

“I hope,” said Greg. “It’s against the Flyers.”

“I can’t wait for another away game so Henry can leave.” She smiled and said “The only downside is that you have to go.” Their food came to the table and they started eating.

“What do you wanna do after this?” Before Donna could answer she heard her phone ringing.

“It’s Henry,” she said feeling worried. She answered and heard him say

“Hey I’m not going to be home when you get back, me and the guys are going out again.” Donna tried to sound like she cared as she said

“Alright, do you want me to still make dinner?”

“Ya I’ll be back in time.”

“See you then,” she said.

“What’d he want?” asked Greg.

“He won’t be home till later,” said Donna, “Which means we have more time.” The two finished eating and left the restaurant.

“Where to?” said Greg.

“I wanna show you a place I used to go as a kid.” said Donna. Greg felt his heart jump when she took his hand and led him down the sidewalk. As they walked hand in hand Greg felt like a teenage boy again. She took him down a flight of stairs to a long stretch of docks. There were a few boats tied to up and the dock rose above the water. Donna walked to the end of the dock and sat down. Greg at down next to her and said

“Why’d you come here?”

“By myself I used to come when I wanted to think stuff over.” Greg looked out at the ocean. It was windy and the dark blue water was rough and choppy. “I haven’t been here in years.” She said. “It’s prettier when the sky is clear and the water is calmer.

“Has Henry seen this place?” asked Greg.

“No,” said Donna, “He wouldn’t care. He’s a selfish jerk.” He looked down at her feet and said “He’s never cared.”

“What was he like back in Rhode Island?” asked Greg.

“When we first started going out he was nice and sweet but in the third month he started treating me horribly. It started with verbal abuse and turned into physical.”

“What does your family think?” asked Greg.

“My parents don’t know,” she said. “They’ve only met him once before they moved down to Florida. My siblings don’t know either.”

“You could tell them.” said Greg.

“They’d make me leave him.” said Donna.

“Don’t you think you’d be better off breaking up with him?” said Greg. He hoped he wasn’t pushing things to far. Donna didn’t answer and still stared down at her feet. She suddenly looked up at him.

“My turn to ask questions,” she said. “What happened with you and your ex?” Greg let out a big sigh and figured it was only fair to tell her.

“I’d been going out with Vikki for a long time. She broke up with me over the summer because she didn’t love me anymore, things just changed for her for some reason.” She put an arm over his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. “I had bought tickets for a cruise and I was going to give them to her as a surprise the night she left.” Donna pulled him closer and said

“I suppose we’re both in sad situations.” Greg turned his face to hers, looking into her bright blue eyes.

“You are what I’m concerned about,” he said, resting his forehead against hers. “Vikki’s gone, I’m over her.” He continued to look into her eyes and leaned slightly forward. He wanted to kiss her, and taste her lips. He wanted to cross over from being a supportive friend to a loving boyfriend. Their lips were just inches apart when they heard someone yell

“Hey watch out!” They quickly looked up to see a man coming in on his boat, trying to tye up where they were sitting. They got up and headed back down the dock. Greg was frustrated he’d been so close to kissing her and the moment had been ruined. He looked at her beautiful face. He had to save her from Henry.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.