Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Nineteen

October 7th, 2011
Friday
Greg’s House, Boston, MA
8:30 A.M.

Donna woke up severely sore. She groaned in pain as she sat up, remembering what had gone on last night. Greg was asleep next to her, his arms lightly holding onto her waist. She got up and went into the bathroom. She looked like hell. Her make-up was smudged, her hair was messy, and her bruises were very apparent. She couldn’t do anything for the bruises but washed off the make-up, brushed her hair, and changed back into her clothes. He stirred as she walked back into the room.

“Good morning,” she said. He opened his eyes and said

“Morning, how are you feeling?”

“Sore,” she said.

“This isn’t right; we’re treating this like what he did was acceptable. We should do something about it.” said Greg.

“I know,” she said. “But please just don’t stay anything, not yet.” Greg knew he had to snap her out of whatever hold Henry had over her.

“Donna I can’t go another day standing by and watching him do this.” said Greg. “I can’t let you go back there.” Her eyes got wide with shock and she said

“I have to!” Greg sighed in frustration.

“You need to forget about him and break his hold over you. If you stay with him the abuse will only get worse. You could end up dead.”

“I don’t think he’d ever kill me,” said Donna.

“If you stay he will,” said Greg. He looked extremely upset. The she turned and ran. Greg jumped off the bed and went after her. “Donna wait!” he said. It was to late, the front door slammed shut, leaving Greg in the house alone.

Donna couldn’t leave Henry. No matter how many bruises he’d given her. She felt scared to step away from him and start a new life without him. The kiss with Greg deeply confused her. Her feelings were split after spending the night with Greg.

There was no one walking on the street as she made her way home. When she walked through the door she saw Henry sitting on the couch. He looked up at her and said

“You’re finally back,” He didn’t get up off the couch and she knew he wouldn’t attack her.

“Ya,” she said.

“Where’d you go?” he asked.
“Just to a motel,” she said.

“Really?” he said in a sarcastic voice.

“Ya,” she said.

“You’re lying to me,” he said.

“I am not,” she said.

“Well I’ll find out if you are.” She dropped the subject and went into the bedroom to get into something more comfortable. She heard him call her from the living room. “I don’t want you going anywhere anymore. That means no practices, no games, no shopping, even for food.”

“You’re trapping me here?” asked Donna.

“Yup,” he said. “Unless you’re with me you’re not going anywhere.”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.