Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter Twenty-Eight

October 12th, 2011
Wednesday
Mass General, Boston, MA
4:25 P.M.

Greg woke up to Nathan and Milan staring at him.

"What the hell?" he said confused. "What happened?" He sat up straight.

"Calm down," said Nathan "You're fine."

"Where's Donna?"

"She's fine," said Milan "Henry's gone, they arrested him."

"He tried to kill me," said Greg "I need to see Donna." He tried to get out of my bed and Milan pushed him back down.

"You can't, she's not awake yet."

"I just wanna see her," he said. Before he could get up his parents walked into the room. His mother came over and pulled him into a tight hug.

"We came as soon as we heard," she said.

"I'm ok mom," he said.

"What happened," said his dad. "How long are you going to be out of hockey?" Greg knew that was the only thing he was concerned about.

"I don't know," said Greg.

"What was this situation about?" asked his dad. He wasn't sure what to say. His dad seemed more angry then worried about him. Greg had a lot of explaining to do. His dad thought that Henry was Donna's brother.

"Remember that girl you met that I told you was in Boston with her brother?"

"Yes," said his dad.

"Well I didn't tell you the complete truth about her. She wasn't living with her brother. Henry, the one who attacked me was her boyfriend. He attacked me because Donna and I got close."

"Why did you lie?" asked her dad.

"Because she's not from a hockey family." His father looked like he wanted to say something negative but instead said

"Is she alright?"

"I think so," he said. "Henry abused her, that's why I got involved." His mother came forward again and hugged him.

"I want to meet this girl once you're out of the hospital!" she said excitedly. He saw his dad hanging back.

"So he broke into your house?" asked his dad.

"Ya," said Greg "He tried to kill me." His parents stayed awhile longer and then he was left alone. In time his dad would have to accept Donna.
_________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.