Status: Completed

Lets Learn to Put the Past Behind Us.

I Don't Wanna Dance Alone.

I hung out on the side of the stage, moving my head to the music. The Maine never disappoints, every show was the best show.They had one more song left, so I headed backstage. I went in the back where Taylor, Jake, and Joel were. 

"Hey, Aj!" Taylor said, pulling her eyes away from the magazine she was reading.

"Hey." I  leaned against the wall.

"Aj, how's your battle wounds?" Jakes voice was sarcastic. "Poor baby."

I rolled my eyes, "Go ahead and make fun of me. But it hurt, a lot. I hope you get shot in the neck next time!"

"Well then!" Jake replied defensively.

The radio interrupted the conversation. It had been left on from earlier. And Please Don't Go Girl by the New Kids On The Block came on.

"Aw I love this song! Someone come dance with me!"  

"Joel that would be you" joked Jake who had been sitting there texting.

Joel stood up and walked over to me, "May I have this dance?" Joel asked bowing down, With his hand out to me. 

"Why of course you may" I batted my eyelashes in approval.

He took me in his arms, we did the Waltz jokingly. Eventually our arms were wrapped around each other.

 I looked up at him. 

He smiled and nodded at me,  "Relax."  

I smiled back at him. I laid my head against his chest as we continued to sway to the music.

It was actually a nice moment. That was  until  John walked in.

"Ohh! What do we have here?"

I unlocked my arms from Joel. And backed away from him.

"We were just Uh, dancing." Joel said, slipping his hands in to his pockets.

John laughs, "Okay, okay! What ever you say." 

I rolled my eyes,  "Shut up John." 

"Well I just wanted to see if you guys wanted to come along for dinner." 

"Yeah, sure." I looked over at Joel who was nodding his head at John.

•••
We went to the  pub down the street from the venue. We got a large table on the patio outside. 

I sat in between Taylor and Andy Our table was pretty loud. There was a lot of us, and most of us were drinking.  

"So we are going to the bar after this right?" John asked then
Pressed his beer bottle to lips. 

Andy replied, "I'm in." 

"Aren't we meeting that band there?" Jared asked John.

Taylor's head shot up from her food "What band?" 

"A band called, Bright As Night Or something. They are going to open on the rest of the tour." John said looking at Tay.

"Oh... Are they good looking?" Taylor asked sounding very serious. 

I laughed, "Taylor shut up."

"I'm just asking. It an important question."

I think everyone at the table rolled their eyes.

•••
We showed up to the bar. John, Jared, and Kennedy went to a table to meet the band they were talking about.

Joel , Ryan, and Donnie headed to the bar.

Everyone else  hit the dance floor. 
Except Taylor and I. We went and sat down at a table.

"So the guys in that band over there look pretty cute!" Taylor said checking them out.

"Are boys all you ever talk about?"

"Sometimes...  Maybe there's one for you and one for me!" Taylor said bitting her lip.

"You know I'm good with being single right now."

"Are you? You and Joel seemed pretty cozy earlier."

I shook my head, "No. We are just still close. We can be friends even though we went out."

"I never said you couldn't. But you guys broke up. So you are allowed to look at other guys. Maybe even that guy who's smiling at you right now!"

I Looked over where Tay had been looking. He sat at the table with John, Jared, and Kennedy.
 
He met my glance and smiled. I returned the smile then Looked back at Taylor. 
"So he's kind of cute." 

"Yes he is! And he's getting up! So I'm getting up! Talk to you later love!" Taylor stood up and began to walk to John. 

"Taylor!" I yelled to her. but she ignored me.

Before I knew it the handsome man was at my table, looking  down at me.
"Hi, I'm Mike." he offered me his hand.

I shook his hand, "I'm Aj."

"Nice to meet you Aj. Can I sit with you?"

I nodded. 

"So your band is opening for The Maine right?" 

"Yeah."

"So is mine! So I guess we will be seeing more of you."

I smiled, "I guess so." 

After a while of talking and laughing with him. He gave me his number. 

I looked away from Mike. I seen Joel leaning against the bar, he was watching Mike. I looked away before he could noticed me looking.

Mike was cute. He was tall, had redish brownish hair, dark blue eyes, and He had a nice smile. He could make me laugh. So he was basically my type. Maybe the rest of this  tour could be Fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and subscribes!

Thanks for reading!