Status: Completed

Lets Learn to Put the Past Behind Us.

Sing Me To Sleep, I'll See You In my Dreams.

Joel POV:

We  finished unloading all our equipment.  So Alex and I were chilling outside. 

"So, Joel what do you think about Aj and Mike?"

I shrugged, "Whatever, it's not like we are still together. She can do what she wants. "

" Yeah, she can. But I just thought since you guys were so close-" Alex cut off his words.

We watched  Mike step out of his bands van, he was pulling his shirt on. What came Next made me feel 
nauseous, he helped some girl out of the van. She was a typical 'band whore'. Mikes eyes swept across the landscape, making sure no witnesses were around. His eyes skipped right over us. Mike leaned in, his lips Met  hers. It Defiantly was not a friendly kiss. 

He was playing Aj.   

Alex looked at me, "Shit." I shook my head in disbelief.  Do  I tell Aj this? Or I just let her get hurt? 

•••
Aj POV:

I was having a bad day, my head was killing me. I stood in front of the microphone, holding my guitar. Soundcheck was the last thing I wanted to do right now.  I had two things on my mind, Mike and Joel.

I was pretty tired after sound check, so I went backstage to relax. The venue had a cute little lounge in the back. It was empty, I sat down on a dark  brown  leather couch. I'm pushed my head back against the wall and closed my eyes. 

I  was so at peace. And I was almost asleep when the door opened,I shot my head up.  Joel slid into the room.

"Oh hey. Fancy finding you here!" Joel said walking Over to the couch. "Tired?" 

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping much. I was hoping to rest up before we play."

"Oh well your welcome to take nap. Im just going to chill back her for a little bit, if that's cool?"

"Yeah that's fine." I leaned back and closed my eyes. "Joel, could you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Could you sing to me, please?"

I had my eyes closed still, but I could tell he was smiling.

"Yeah."

He sang slowly to me, his voice was low and soft. As he sang I moved closer to him, until I was curled up into a ball on his lap.

I found myself falling asleep to the sound of Joel's voice. I felt his  hands run through my hair.  He use  to sing me to sleep all the time, when we were still together. 

I fell asleep smiling.

•••
Joel POV:

I stopped singing, Aj was asleep.

I played with her hair, it was just like it use to be. But I can't help secretly wishing Mike would walk in. Mike was such a Tool, why couldn't she see it? Aj was so sweet, she only see's the good in people. I couldn't tell her that Mike was a skank, she would be crushed.

Spending all this time with Aj lately brought back some old feelings. I  had to hide them,  Aj likes Mike. 
Not me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the subscribers and commenters!

I wrote ahead a little bit, and I'm excited for the next couple chapters. There's a really cute Joel moment that I love. Haha ;)

Thanks for reading :)