Status: Completed

Lets Learn to Put the Past Behind Us.

Solid Ground Isn't A Place She's Ever Been.

Joels POV:

We had a day off in Arizona, so we all were going to go out tonight. I hung out with my family during the day, so I showed up to the club late. I walked around trying to find them. I finally saw Taylor, She was dancing with John, Of course. I didn't want
To disturb them so I headed to the bar. 

I was driving so I just got a red bull. I turned around watching the crowd of people dancing on each other. I didn't feel like being here tonight, especially when Aj caught my eye. She had Been dancing  with Mike. 
Aj was smiling, she had her arms wrapped around his  Neck. He  held her close to him with his hands her waist. He kept whispering to in her ear, causing her to throw her head back laughing. 

It made me feel sick. 

But I couldn't peel my eyes away from them. Until he leaned in and
Kissed her. That sent my head spinning, I looked down at my feet. Why was I feeling this way? We have Been broken up for a couple months now. I had to get my mind off her, so I headed to the dance floor.

I found some girl, her name was Macy or Lacy or something. She was wasted. She was dancing on me, I wasn't in to it. I just wanted to go. 

"I'll be back. I have to go to the bathroom." I Told her walking away. 

That wasn't a complete lie. I had to go, I just wasn't coming back.

•••
On my way to the exit I looked up at some girl dancing on a table.

"Woo!" she shouted nearly falling of the table.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking. 

Then  I stopped, I did a double take at the girl. "Aj?"

 I couldn't believe it, what is she doing.? Is this what that tool Mike is turning her into?

I Ran over to the table, I grabbed Aj. I was caring her like we just got married, She fumbled with her words trying to tell me to put her down.  I brought  her in to an empty hallway in the club.

"What are you doing?" 

"I was having f-fun" 

She was so plastered, she couldn't speak straight or keep her eyes open.

"Aj come on, I'm taking you back to your apartment." I said taking her hand ready to leave.

"No! I want to s-stay and dance. I'll have Mike d-drive me back." Aj tried walking away, but instead she just kept tripping. 

"Aj stop it. You can barely walk.  I'm not leaving you like this. Especially with Mike!"  

"Fine... But will you c-carry me?"

I gave her a 'You have to be kidding me' look. 

But she knew what to do, she stuck her bottom lip out, Making a puppy dog face. 

I rolled my eyes, "Get on my back."

She smiled and jumped up.

I carried her to the car.

•••
The drive to her apartment was difficult, for lack of a better word. 

Driving with an intoxicated passenger was never easy. Aj never handles her alcohol well. She loved to mess with the radio, and attempt to have  a dance party in the front seat. The constant screaming and the uncontrollable laughter, made me feel like I was driving around a bunch of pre-schoolers, or a drunk Aj.

•••
Finally I pulled in to the parking lot. I carried Aj into the building and up to her room. But not without receiving judgmental looks from everyone and their mother, along the way.

I opened the door to her room "Okay Aj. We are here." 

She slides down off of my back. She nearly face plants after standing by herself for a second.  I caught her before she could fall. 
"Dear god  Aj! I don't think you should drink anymore." 

She laughed, and held on to my blue button up shirt as I helped walk her to her bed.

•••
I set her down on her bed. She kicked her shoes off, still having a tight grip on my shirt.

"Are you okay now? Your going to go to bed now right?  I feel as if I was talking to a child.

She shook her head slowly. 

"Joel, are you going to stay with me?"

I thought about it for a second. I guess It wouldn't be a good idea leaving her alone, when shes this much of a mess. 

"Of course." I nodded looking down at her.

She smiled with her eyes closed.

She rolled over to the left side of the bed, managing to make it under the blanket with out falling off the bed.

She looks at me and gives me a nod.

I take my shoes off then  climbed on  to the bed Next to her.   I stay above the blankets, resting my head on the metal headboard. 

Aj turns over and looks at me. 

"What?" I asked her.

She moves closer to me and rests  her head on my chest. "Nothing." 

I smiled softly.

After a moment of silence she turns her head, looking up at me. Then says the words I couldn't prepare for...

"Joel , do you still love me?" 

I look down at the girl with her arms wrapped around me and a innocent look on her face.

"Aj sweetheart, go to sleep." 

"But you-" 

"Shh." 

I closed her eyes. 

After a couple minutes she was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This my by far favorite chapter! Joel is so sweet. <3

Thanks for all my read/subs/comments it's awesome.

Also thinking about posting a new John Ohh Fanfic. Not sure though, any thoughts?

Thanks again for reading!