Status: Completed

Lets Learn to Put the Past Behind Us.

And You Carry Me Home, Cause I Know I Wasn't Here.

Aj's POV:

My eyes rolled awake. My room was dimly lit, the sun just barely  shining through my blinds. My head throbbed. Last night was all a blurr. 

I closed my eyes again trying to fall back asleep, then I came to the realization that I wasn't alone. I felt a body up against my back, and the feeling of someone's breath on my neck. I wasn't sure what to do. Then the stranger wrapped his around my waist, he pulled closer to me. 

I looked down at his arm. He was wearing bracelets, I've seen them before. I soon realized it was Joel. I felt a wave of relief  wash over me. 

I trusted Joel. I knew he wouldn't of taken advantage of me. I closed my eyes again, letting myself slip away.

•••
The loud sound of Joel's ringtone woke me up. He rolled away from me grabbing his phone, off the table next to him. I pretended like I was still sleep. 

Joel whispered as he answered his Phone, 
"Hello?...I'm at Aj's... No I didn't sleep with her! She was wasted last night so I took her home... She Asked me to stay...  I wasnt going to leave her here alone like that...Whatever John... Yeah Ill see you later, bye."

 He set his phone back down and rested his head back on the pillow. 

I wasn't sure what to do. 

I could feel Joel's eyes on me. He took his hand and brushed it through my hair, then he whispered, "What am I going to do with you Aj."

I smiled, I was happy that me and Joel were still friends. I rolled over facing Joel. My eyes were slightly opened. 

"Oh good morning." He smiled.

"Good Morning... How bad was I last night?"

He laughed looking up at the ceiling, "Pretty bad. You were dancing on a table." 

"No." I was so ashamed, I hid my face in my pillow. 

"Don't worry about it Aj. Only a couple dozen guys were watching." 

"Not helping. " I said keeping my head down.

"So... You Don't Remember anything about last night?"

I sat myself up looking at him, "I just remember getting to the club."

"Oh." 

"Why" 

"Just wondering." he said turning his gaze Back at me. "Come on get up, I'll take you out for breakfast." Joel got up off the Bed. 

"But I'm lazy."

"Get up! I'll tell you all the stupid shit you did last night" 

"Fine. Just give me a second." I smiled.

Once I finally got out of bed, Joel was waiting for me in my living room. 

•••
He took me to ihop.

We were laughing, as he told the story of the Night before. 

"Joel don't let me drink anymore. If I'm going to drink tell me not to! I usually listen to you." I said fiddling  with my straw.

"Usually." Joel smiled.

"I can't believe you carried me. Joel why are you so nice to me?"

"Who would take care of you when your wasted if im not nice to you?"

I laughed, "Well thanks. Your very sweet joel."

Joel just smiled at me.

It was so easy to be around Joel. And He must care about me a whole Lot, if he puts up with my antics. I was thankful to have him.

A Buzzing sound broke the Silence. My cell phone had been vibrating on the table. I picked up my phone to see who it was. Mike had texted me,
"Hey babe, what happened to you last night?"

I replied back, "I wasn't feeling well. So Joel took me home."

Joel watched in silence, I'm sure he wanted to know who it was. "Sorry, Mike texted me. He wanted to know where I went."

"It Took him this long to realize you were gone? Wow what A great guy!" Joel said sarcastically.

Mike texted back, "Joel? Did he try to get with you?"

I rolled my eyes as I typed, "No! Nothing happened."

"Aj. Are you and Mike like together?" Joel Asked as he folded his napkin a couple times.

"Um, no not really. We are just friends... Why?"

"Oh... I was just wondering." Joel said looking up at me, "Well I seen you guys dancing together last night. And you... You guys were kissing... So I was just..." 

"Ohh... Um well, we aren't really together. I don't know, I think I like I though." I could feel red come to my face.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Well, M-" He stopped, my cell phone went off again.

"Okay, good. We should hang out later, baby. You in?" Mike texted. 

"Yeah. Maybe. ;)" I giggled a little bit, as I texted.

"So what is it you wanted to tell me?" I asked, looking back up at Joel.

He shook his head, "Nothing. It doesn't matter anymore." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy! Thank you to my lovely subscribers and Commenters! Dint be a silent reader!

Check out my new John O'Callaghan Fanfic 'I Need You, Just Like You need Me

And thanks for reading! :)